• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dynamic Values in Tooltips <A000,DataA1>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
My map has hero abilities with at least 6 levels each, so I have fully taken advantage of the dynamic value placeholder in tooltips so I don't have to re-write tooltips each time I change spell data. I just have some problems/questions.

Sometimes it seems custom units/abilities are not supported by this feature.
Example: The ladder tooltip for Archmage's Water Elemental spell links the damage the elementals do with this feature using <code,mindmg1> - <code,maxdmg1>. However, when I have a similar spell that summons custom units, the damage values always say "0 - 0."

Can you make the displayed value a real instead of an integer?
Example: Some stuns spells disable for 2.5 seconds, but the editor always rounds down to the nearest integer. Stuns of duration 0.99 or less show as 0. I know by doing <A001,DataA1,%> you can change a value to a percent; is there a modifier to change them to floating point numbers as well?

Is there a way to use this with item abilities? Any time I try to make an item tooltip, the dynamic values always show "0" if I link to a custom ability. Linking values from a hardcoded ability to a custom item tooltip will show the proper values.

Level 16
That modifier is going like this: <<Ability Raw Code>,<Field Raw code>> (without space).

For example, Cooldown for level one is: Cool1
Ability Raw Code is: A052
Press Control + D to view raw codes.

So, it would go like this: <A052,Cool1>

Now, in game it would show cooldown for first level from ability with A052 raw code.

EDIT: It works even for different abilities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.