• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fade Filter Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm currently making an introductory cinematic to a series of cinematics, and I want to show the opening titles through fade filters. I have made the images for the filters, but I don't know what file type they need to be to be used as fade filters. They are currently Targa images. If someone could tell me what I need to do to properly import and use these fade filters, I would be most grateful.

Level 13
.blp format is preferred, imho.

However, .tga can be used. IIRC, the best size to use is 512x512 in either case. Just import it in the imports manager, then go to the trigger editor and click the "White Mask" field in the "cinematic - advanced filter" dialog. A box will come up with TWO menus. One is on the top with a bunch of preset filters. The other is on the very bottom with a list of imported .tga and .blp files.

P.S. .blp is more compressed; there are a bunch of .blp tools in the tools section of this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.