• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Fade Filter Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Does anyone know if there's a model in the mpq for fade filters? My fade filters are getting fogged by
  • call SetDayNightModels("", "")
so they're appearing much darker than they should be. I want to make filters unshaded and unfogged so they appear their proper bright red color.

Attachments

• without.jpg
    without.jpg
    657.2 KB · Views: 361
  • with call setdaynightmodels.jpg
    with call setdaynightmodels.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 177
Level 20
It's probably because of the Model transparency. It's over black, so, i'll look darker.

You could make one fade filter for the nigh, with no transparency (full red) and another for the day light (which you already have)

Level 21
Unfortunately it's not just about being the difference between night and day. Both screenshots are during daytime. The first screenshot is just for reference showing how bright I want the filter to be, but I need day/night models turned off to get the desired lighting effect for my map.

I guess the darker filter isn't too bad. It's just an added alert that the player is being attacked. I'm still open for suggestions if anyone has any, and thanks anyway Spartipilo.

Does anyone know if there's a model in the mpq for fade filters? My fade filters are getting fogged by
  • call SetDayNightModels("", "")
so they're appearing much darker than they should be. I want to make filters unshaded and unfogged so they appear their proper bright red color.

Your fade filter aren't fogged, it's the ambient that makes the fade that way.

Maybe if you use: (or other DNC model)
JASS:
call SetDayNightModels( "Environment\\DNC\\DNCLordaeron\\DNCLordaeronTerrain\\DNCLordaeronTerrain.mdl", "Environment\\DNC\\DNCLordaeron\\DNCLordaeronUnit\\DNCLordaeronUnit.mdl" )
only for the player that you want to display the fade filter, show the filter for the player and then, turn off de DNC for that player. It shouldn't be difficult via trigger..

If your map is multiplayer, I don't really know if cause desync using GetLocalPlayer() for this, I don't even know if it works. I have used it for other things... and I can't test it in multiplayer.

Level 21
Ah, so that's where the day/night models are. They have no geosets to work with, so I'll have to experiment with them a bit. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

And my map is singleplayer, so I won't have to deal with GetLocalPlayer :smile:

Then, do something like this.

• Fade
    • Events
      • (Something)
    • Condiciones
      • (Something)
    • Acciones
      • Custom script: call SetDayNightModels( "Environment\\DNC\\DNCDalaran\\DNCDalaranTerrain\\DNCDalaranTerrain.mdl", "Environment\\DNC\\DNCDalaran\\DNCDalaranUnit\\DNCDalaranUnit.mdl" )
      • Secuencia cinematográ¡fica - Apply a filter over 2.00 seconds using Mezcla aditiva on texture YourFadeFilter, starting with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 0.00% transparency and ending with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call SetDayNightModels( "", "" )
You can use any of these, doesn't matter what you chose, they are just to activate the lights when using the filter, then you turn it off.

(Terrain)
Environment\\DNC\\DNCDalaran\\DNCDalaranTerrain\\DNCDalaranTerrain.mdl
Environment\\DNC\\DNCLordaeron\\DNCLordaeronTerrain\\DNCLordaeronTerrain.mdl
Environment\\DNC\\DNCAshenvale\\DNCAshenvaleTerrain\\DNCAshenvaleTerrain.mdl
Environment\\DNC\\DNCFeelwood\\DNCFeelwoodTerrain\\DNCFeelwoodTerrain.mdl
Environment\\DNC\\DNCDungeon\\DNCDungeonTerrain\\DNCDungeonTerrain.mdl
Environment\\DNC\\DNCUnderground\\DNCUndergroundTerrain\\DNCUndergroundTerrain.mdl

(Unit)
Environment\\DNC\\DNCDalaran\\DNCDalaranUnit\\DNCDalaranUnit.mdl
Environment\\DNC\\DNCLordaeron\\DNCLordaeronUnit\\DNCLordaeronUnit.mdl
Environment\\DNC\\DNCAshenvale\\DNCAshenvaleUnit\\DNCAshenvaleUnit.mdl
Environment\\DNC\\DNCFeelwood\\DNCFeelwoodUnit\\DNCFeelwoodUnit.mdl
Environment\\DNC\\DNCDungeon\\DNCDungeonUnit\\DNCDungeonUnit.mdl
Environment\\DNC\\DNCUnderground\\DNCUndergroundUnit\\DNCUndergroundUnit.mdl

Level 20
Unfortunately it's not just about being the difference between night and day. Both screenshots are during daytime. The first screenshot is just for reference showing how bright I want the filter to be, but I need day/night models turned off to get the desired lighting effect for my map.

I guess the darker filter isn't too bad. It's just an added alert that the player is being attacked. I'm still open for suggestions if anyone has any, and thanks anyway Spartipilo.

I didn't think it was neccesary to point that DAYTIME means "WITHOUT (call SetDayNightMoldel("","")" and NIGHTTIME means "WITH (call SetDayNightModel("","")"...

That's what i meant. WITHOUT a DaynightModel everything behind the fadefilter is black, and your fadefilter has a certain amount of transparency, wich would make your fade look darker than it looks when there's something bright behind it.

If you modify your custom fadefilter and make it 0% transparent (alpha = 100%) it will look completely red no matter what's behind (if dark or light)

Status
Not open for further replies.