• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fade Filters turn blue at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.

This is really annoying me, and I would want to know if there's a way to fix it.
In my proyect, I use some imported fade filters to show tutorials to the player. I also use some White Masks, and so.
What's the problem? That ALL of them have a "blue-ish" color. The "White Mask" fade filter, with 100% RGB color, and 0% transparency; is BLUE. Light blue.
This also happens with every single fade filter I use.

The most "interesting" thing, is that I found that this only happens during the night. At day, the fade filters are fine, with their correct colors.
And the first map of my proyect is a night one!

What can I do? Anyone can help? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Level 5
i dont know how to fix it, but u can make it day when showing the fade filter, and turn it back night when not. ill have to do some research ill get back to u on that.
EDIT: ive done some research and it says that fade filters ARE affected by day/night cycles. i rly dont know how to stop it but u can avoid it like i said above. hope i helped. sry i cant help further.

Level 9
There's one problem with your solution... Yes, I could turn day on when I start the fade filter, but WHILE it's fading, the player would clearly see the change between night and day. That would be really odd.
That won't work. Thanks for trying to help me, anyway.

Someone else knows?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.