• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Quick Question! +rep to all helpers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Greetings.

Question 1:

You know that annoying "error sound" which is played whenever you order a action that a unit cannot yet perform? How do I disable it/Overrite the file with an imported file?

Example:
1: I use chain lightning with Far Seer.
2: Cooldown starts.
3: I press chain lightning to cast it again before the spell is ready to be casted again.
4: I get message "Spell is not ready yet" and a annoying "error sound"

Question 2:

Is there any way to display 2 Fade Filters at the same time?

Example:
1: Fade Filter - Display a fade filter using White Mask with colors (0%,0%,100%) and 0% transparity over 0.20 seconds.
2: Fade Filter - Display a fade filter using "Gore1.blp" with colors (100%,100%,100%) and 0% transparity over 0.20 seconds.

(NOTE: Gore1.blp has alpha layers to let White Mask be displayed behind it)

What you think happens: Both are displayed perfectly fine, White Mask covers the screen with Gore1.blp on top of it.

What actually happens: Displaying first fade filter --> Destroying first fade filter --> Display next fade filter

I've tried with Transparity changes and displaying Gore1.blp before White Mask. Nothing works and I believe that the answer lies within JASS or Vjass.

ALL HELPFUL COMMENTS LEADS TO INSTANT +REP

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
HammerFist said:
question 2

set transparity for both fade filter to 50 percents.

question 2

make both fade filters with 50 % tranpirity, or make just second fade ffilter with colours 60 60 100 colours.
Sverkerman said:
I've tried with Transparity changes and displaying Gore1.blp before White Mask. Nothing works and I believe that the answer lies within JASS or Vjass.

What about properly reading the question before jumping into answers?

@Maker
Thank you kind sir! +rep to you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.