• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Event]: 2012 - The Legendary Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Grand Winner: A golden award icon on their profile, 1st place at the Challenge Section Hall of Fame and 120 Reputation Points.

Second Winner: A silver award icon on their profile, 2nd place at the Challenge Section Hall of Fame and 70 Reputation Points.
Far too much reputation for winning. Instead give each win some reputation (no mater the tier) and then give the final winners more. This encourages entrants as they do not have to make it far to win something but still keeps value to the final win.

Level 12
Far too much reputation for winning. Instead give each win some reputation (no mater the tier) and then give the final winners more. This encourages entrants as they do not have to make it far to win something but still keeps value to the final win.

I completely agree with this sentiment. Take the 120 and break it down, perhaps, so that the grand winner would ultimately get 120, but others would also get some - if you're stuck on 120.

Level 19
So, to compete we must make one of these boxes? - here you go :)

160036-albums4747-picture56986.png

160036-albums4747-picture56984.png

Challenger: InfinateAnswers
Challenged: Amargaard
Challenge Type: Goblin Concept Art

Proof of challenging and acceptance:
I CHALLANGE AMARGAARD! Goblin Concept Art!
Bah okay then, five days from now on? ;)

When will it start anyways, or is that unknown? :)

Level 2
Challenge berb to a map testing contest. Lol :)

O.0
Ouchie.....was that a compliment?I'm honoured,but provided if I can learn how to dev a map of my own,I'd gladly accept it.

Ryt now Im still a rookie in C++ language programmin,so Im not that skilled yet. >_<

Back to le topic:Map testing contest?Is that even legit?

Challenges include:

• Spells/ Systems
• Map(s)
• Alternate Race creation
• Song/ Music (Warcraft III/ World of Warcraft/ Diablo/ Starcraft-related)
• Icon(s)
• Model(s)
• Skin(s)
• Voice overs
• Cinematic
• Emoticons
• Terrain(s)
• Campaign(s)
• Concept Art
• Hero(es)
• Story(ies)
• Logo(s) (e.g. alternative Warcraft III logo)

This list can go shorter, depending on the challenge types the contestants wish to go for.

Level 12
Hasn't started, and I won't be paying much attention until it becomes apparent something will happen with this.

Level 6
Anyone up to challenge me in a writing battle just pm me(I've read the topics first 4 pages and I believe this type of challenge is acceptable.)

My proposed challenge -

>Story about a weapon

-Story must be 250 words MINIMUM and 500 words MAX. Use word counter(google it) if needed.
-Story must answer all possible questions about the weapon(meaning no "unknown origin, current location unknown, immesurable strength, made from unknown material, etc etc. You get the drift?). This would cover up the origin, current location/owner, materials made of, power, name, etc etc.
-You must be original, meaning you can't use already existing weapons and make a story of your own with them(make up your own weapon name and characteristics)
-The weapon should be used to kill(cause you can make a weapon that saves lives, right? Forget about that)
-The main use of the weapon "CANNOT" be omitted from the weapon's use/utility, on the other hand, the main use "CANNOT" be the reason that the weapon can kill.
-The weapon cannot be a thrown weapon.
-The weapon should not be able to transform into something else, it is as it is.
-The weapon cannot have any modifications in it whatsoever(like having hidden blades, embedded with poison, stuff like that) except for aesthetic reasons such as embroidery, letterings, carvings, etc etc.
-Pictures of a weapon is not a "plus" factor. This is a writing battle, do your best to explain how the weapon looks like without providing a visual representation of it.

Weapon to make a story of: Spoon

If the challenger thinks that my weapon of choice is bad(or is biased cause I might already have a story about it beforehand), he/she may choose to change the weapon to make a story of. I believe my rules are just, challenging, humane, well-explained and is pretty interesting(especially the weapon choice) and I salute anyone who'll challenge me.

I will give the posting format to the challenger after I have been pm'ed.

ADDED: If the challenger wills it, we can have two rounds, one based solely on my rules(none of it will be changed, even the weapon choice), and the other based solely on his/hers. This would balance out the "difficulty" of a challenged based solely on my preferences, by having another round based solely on his/hers. I would not "object" to any of his/her rules, but one main rule would still apply to his/her challenge,

It should still be about weapons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.