• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Evasion / Block damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Having 7% evasion will have the same effect as having 7% chance to block xxx damage if the "xxx" = more then you can hit?

Btw... What's the name of that block spell?

Level 5
My problem is i'm working on a new item system... and when i add that block ability or evasion they show up in my spellbook, and i dont want em to. :/
Can you hide them in any way?

Are there any item spell that blocks damage? (when not modified)

Level 9
add them to a custom spellbook which has another base id. then disable the spellbook but passive stuff will still work.

Or use the attribute bonus as base ability as you can choose to show or hide the icon after research. Visible - false. Although i am not sure if you can change the id and make it work like spellbook.

Level 5
I'll let you see what i mean... :) Check when you equip bracer + any other item

Attachments

• Trigger map - Protected.w3m
    355.8 KB · Views: 72

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Adding the damage taken back to the unit works as long as the unit doesn't die from the hit.
The ability you're looking for is Hardened Skin, from the Mountain Giant (and, thus, from the Night Elves folder). There is a field that determines the minimum damage taken if the attack is blocked. So, to answer your question, it does (or not) equal an Evasion depending on the minimum damage of your Hardened Skin ability. I am not sure whether or not that field can be set to 0.

Level 5
Have you tested the map?, my problem is that i use a spellbook - itemsystem and i dont want that spell to show up in it. I just want it to be passive and invisible :/

Level 8
As someone already mentioned, put the 1 skill you want hidden into a different spellbook, change the orderid, and disable the spellbook

If you don't understand look up the spellbook tutorial on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.