• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Escape map contest!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I found making escape maps pretty fun, and thought: "Why not make a competition out of it?"
So therefor I'm posting this! A competition, to make the most original and fun escape map.

The rules:
*IT HAS TO BE MADE FROM SCRATCH!

*You may NOT steal larger ideas from other maps, but sure, take small ideas as long as it's not .... Too much of the other mapcreators work.

*You may use JASS and GUI(Of course silly :wink:), And any other tools that help with the triggers(I know how F****** boring it is to put 400+ regions into an "On Enter Kill triggering unit"

*The time limit is 28 days after approval, so I would recommend NOT making a too big map.

*No nazi or racistic and other STRONGLY offensive content in the maps! THATS A BIG NONO!

(More rules may be added when/if map gets approved, and I find it necessary)

The reward:
(I don't know.... Reputation I suppose?)

More to come if I find it necessary....

Judge: (Maybe me if I can(I won't participate) If not, I'll just observe, since I need to continue with my other escape, and putting that into contest will break the first rule)

EDIT: Time limit AND idea stealing somwhat changed

Last edited:
Level 15
*IT HAS TO BE MADE FROM SCRATCH!
Why do we have to create if from a scratch? :bored:
And i think stealing ideas is bad and does not belong to a competition.
I suggest you should think again about some rules but creating a little escape map would be cool ( in case it is not a stupid maze running through some pathes dodging patroling units )

Rofl :grin: , i know placing 400 regions is really boring - thats the reason i would use a periodic event to check the terrain type instead of using regions xD

Status
Not open for further replies.