• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Boundless Map-File Size Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a great idea and a suggestion for a contest--

A contest where users would be able to break free from the map file size limit and have boundless freedom in creating an epic game in any genre.

The main key here is that they will have to use "8 MB Map Size: Limit Remover"- my uploaded tool, in the tool's section. It has been approved and it functions correctly as it should.
Each contestant would have a boundless freedom in creating multi-player or single-player games/ maps. The contest Judges shall judge and play the maps with "Limit Remover". You won't need Limit Remover if the map is made for single-player.

The rules of the contest are really simple, just as the other ones.
- The map will have to be above the given limit. (8 MB)

The Judges shall determinate each map/ game and decide/ vote. The public voting poll is also very important in voting.

Any suggestions and criticism is highly welcome. :)

Level 23
Contestants can already create "boundless" maps so long as they create single player maps (e.g. my entry in the mini-mapping contest) so this would be best applied to multiplayer maps only. I dunno, it's just like a theme-less contest with no limits. Not really challenging and probably won't attract contestants.

This looks more like a promotion for your "tool" than an actual valid contest idea.
Besides "epic" maps requires so much time to finish that the contest will have to run forever.

Lastly.
The premiss is flawed.
An uploader could make a simple tic-tac-toe game and import a ridiculous amount of models to reach the 8mb limit, just for the sake of reaching it.
Even if the contest came to an end at some point, the judges would not be able to check every single import in every map just to see if it is used.

I have to agree, but I haven't seen any High Quality maps lately. Maybe this contest should have terrain and other main objects in high quality? Something about a perfect boundless map? The judges would judge based on the file-size of the map, terrain, quality of the game. It cant be too simple if you have mostly-unlimited possibilities. I' agree with your opinions but I still think it would be a neat idea. :)

And yes. I do want to advertise my tool. Once it is popular it will have quite a future of War3 map-making.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
but I haven't seen any High Quality maps lately
are you kidding? one thing you need to know, great maps do not come too often.

and, "high quality" is really subjective, if you think great maps are only determined from their visual
Maybe this contest should have terrain and other main objects in high quality?
then yes, there is only a few of great maps here.

Status
Not open for further replies.