• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Errors when starting up Newgen WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Everytime I open up Newgen WE I get several of these errors-

Trigger Database Error (for all of them):

[TriggerActions] - SaveWidgetHandleBJ
[TriggerActions] - SaveAbilityHandleBJ
[TriggerActions] - SaveTriggerEventHandleBJ
[TriggerActions] - SaveRegionHandleBJ
[TriggerActions] - SaveUnitPoolHandleBJ
[TriggerActions] - SaveItemPoolHandleBJ
[TriggerActions] - SaveMultiboardItemHandleBJ

Each of them say underneath "Data section and text section have differing number of parameters (3,4)"

Each window pops up one at a time, with the Trigger Base data error on top, the trigger-action in the middle, and that data section error on the bottom. Any help would greatly appreciated.

This thread is a re-make of an older thread:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-98/errors-when-starting-up-newgen-we-201287/
But I made a new one instead of bumping that one because obviously he (the maker of that thread) managed to get it to work while I did not. I did what the following posts in that topic told and still came up with the errors. I am using the newest of everything as far as I know (as linked in that topic and linked in other topics linked by that topic).
The errors themselves seem to be harmless since my map still works fine, but it's just irritating.

Level 8
Have you configured your anti-virus correctly?

I'm quite sure I have. Although that does bring up the question of what does my anti-virus configuration have to do with this error? I'm genuinely curious, since the program (the actual editor) itself works and even the map works after it's saved. But the error is just a bit of a nuisance.

Well, according to the error it appears that you have used/currently have some UI files that have been modified.

To check, open your Warcraft III folder and see if there is a folder named "UI". (Deleting it should work but you may want to make a backup file of it just in case)

Most commonly, those errors appear when you've used some sort of modification/addon for WE, specifically WEU, EGUI, or something similar.

If the errors still persist, you may want to look into reinstalling Warcraft III (don't forget to backup your maps and other needed files!). Make sure you are on the latest patch and have the latest version of Jass NewGen Pack (v5d).

Level 8
Well, according to the error it appears that you have used/currently have some UI files that have been modified.

To check, open your Warcraft III folder and see if there is a folder named "UI". (Deleting it should work but you may want to make a backup file of it just in case)

Most commonly, those errors appear when you've used some sort of modification/addon for WE, specifically WEU, EGUI, or something similar.

If the errors still persist, you may want to look into reinstalling Warcraft III (don't forget to backup your maps and other needed files!). Make sure you are on the latest patch and have the latest version of Jass NewGen Pack (v5d).

I had recently been using WEU exclusively. Let me see if I can get rid of the UI thing, I'll get back later once I've tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.