• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Entering a City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, i'm making an RPG and i want it so when ever you enter a town it will say "Now Entering - Little Town." Now what i have it as now is:
  • Enter Town
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Little Town Entrance Right <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: Now Entering Little Town.
But that means that when people walk OUT, it still says entering...

But what i want to know is how to say that but only when they enter the town.

Level 37
You can use the facing of the unit to determine whether the unit is going in or out.

Or you can use two regions that are place close to each other. If it first enters region 1 and then 2, the unit is going out for example. If 2 first and then 1, the unit is going in.

Level 37
^That will work, but if the city is shaped in such a way that it has to be covered with several regions, you still have to do some extra triggering. Not necessarily much though.

Here's the system I was talking about. I wanted to try to trigger it, and decided to post it since it might help. It's npt bug free though, teleporting will break it.

There are two enter/exit archways. You can enter from one and exit from the other and it will still work.

Attachments

• asdasd.w3x
    34.2 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.