1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Empire Earth V.1.81

Submitted by purparisien
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Gameplay

This map looks like the original game : Empire Earth. In other words, you play as a nation which evolves over the periods. Empire Earth covers ten eras in total. The player changes era in garnering a number of resources and launching the search for the next era in one of its capitols. Ten eras are Prehistory, Antiquity, the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, the industrial era, World War One, World War Two, the Modern Era, the the Nano Era and Space Era.

So you can develop your skills. For example, the units change with the times. In the Renaissance you will be allow to use gunpowder. Then, the modern era allows you to developp aviation and tanks. In the future, you can go into space and colonize planets.

The land itself is the map of Europe and Asia. Besides there is a space for the solar system. You also have the opportunity to visit all the planets of the solar system and the moon.

You can recolt ressources in different ways harvesting wood, fishing, collecting gold, trading, exploiting asteroids. In short, the development possibilities are numerous.

Video

coming

Gameplay

• [​IMG]

• [​IMG]

• [​IMG]

• [​IMG]

• [​IMG]

• [​IMG]

• [​IMG]

Credits

-Gollum[KoMe]
-Fingolfin
-Kitabatake
-HappyTauren
-Kofi_Banan
-Talon the Mage
-General Frank
-Mechanical Man
-Ergius
-Illidan(Evil)X
-NFWar
-ZanMgt
-dioris
-paulH
-BlinkBoy
-Ket
-killst4r
-Em!
-Lord_T

Music:

-Imperator Rome Main Theme : Era 1
-Ben Hur Main Theme : Era 2
-Medieval 2 Total War Main Theme : Era 3
-Cossacks 3 Denmark Theme : Era 4
-Rise of nations High Strunk : Era 5
-Victoria 2 Main Theme : Era 6
-Heart of Iron IV Main Theme : Era 7
-Battlefield IV Remix Main Theme : Era 8
-Stellaris Creation and Beyond : Era 9
-Stellaris To The End of the Galaxy : Era 10

Keywords:
Empire, Earth, Planets, Conquest, Future, Middle Age, Antiquity, Renaissance, World War, Modern
Contents

Empire Earth 1.81 (Map)

Reviews
17:17, 26th Jul 2013 Orcnet: map approved
  1. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    What's the maximum amount of workers needed to harvest a tree patch without running out of trees? And do the trees need a lumber mill to respawn or do they do it by themselves?

2. purparisien

purparisien

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    trees have 100 hitpoints, villager does 1 dmg per hit. Lumbers respawn every 60s no matter whats.

3. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thanks.

1.73:

Nope, workers still stop working after upgrading. There's also an annoying selection bug where trying to select multiple workers will automatically select only the first one, be it by dragging or by holding shift and the idle worker button.

The farm upgrade needs rewording, I though it meant more slots for workers on a single farm rather than creating new farming terrain. Is/will there be an equivalent ability for oil and uranium?

Some market spells give gold and the bought resource. Best Deal Ever!

Oil buildings might give uranium, I noticed I had some before I even researched them.

Caravans seem to stop producing after an upgrade to markets, and stop patrolling after they're upgraded.

Can't seem to build spies anywhere.

I like the new fish sign, but they can't be clicked on to send ships there in FoW.

Banks can invest before it's researched.

WW2 shipyard can build vertical walls.

Gold income numbers should be a different color than food income numbers (maybe make food red or green).

Gribeauvals (Gribeauvaux?) and mortars can't attack buildings (might be the case for previous ones).

4. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Started at Modern age, all 3 academy upgrades had been researched.

Bomber can't attack cities, this should be in the tooltip.

Some buildings (especially farms and shipyards) have a tendency to teleport somewhere else on upgrading. Most annoying with shipyards, who for whatever reason will flee the coast to occupy a river.

Modern shipyards can build trebuchets, Nano shipyards can build oil platforms.

The Torgue is the only ship that can land on other planets, and can't build waygates (or military buildings) when on the ground.

All spaceships use the Hyperion's tooltip and have no abilities.

The maximum range for two linked waygates is smaller than the greatest distance that can be reached on Earth.

Era name in the upkeep window changes, but not when you mouse over it.

The later era costs seem absurdly high, like extra-decimal high.

Cities should show their attack damage and range.

Maybe put a changelog in the map description.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  5. purparisien

purparisien

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks you for all the notes cleavinghammer. You really help me to improve the map a lot. I'm going to release a next version soon with all the fixes and some new features

6. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You're welcome.

Oh yeah, a big one: modern units don't seem to cost anything but the usual food and lumber.

Maybe changing eras and upgrades could cost alternate resources as well and lower the food/wood cost?

7. purparisien

purparisien

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The version 1.74 is out. If it doesn't fix all the issues, it does fix a lot of them:
    -Villagers go back to their tasks after changing era
    -Markets work as intended
    -Boats have proper weakness and strenghs
    -Fishes can be clicked in the fog of war
    -Investing need the research
    -Villagers can be trained in houses in tier 3
    -Buildings no longer odd units (shipyard with trebuchet)
    -Bombers can attack towns
    -Dahl can join planets
    -Waygates work better
    -Changelog is in F9

What is left for the next version
    -Oil and Uranium use
    -More Space units and building
    -Give more importance to religion

8. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ... At the risk of sounding repetitive, some of the old problems are back:

Can't build new buildings after going up an era.
    Workers getting wood and gold do indeed keep working. Those on farms and fishing ships, however, still stop working (although the selection bug appears to be gone, so at least it's easier to get them back to work).

Capitals no longer give food? Might be due to the overlap with the religion icon.

Houses take far too long to build.

Why is Trade a prehistory upgrade if you can't build markets or trade ships then?

Weird one with Space Age shipyards: At first I noticed they couldn't build fishing ships, then went to do something else, and when I came back they could make oil platforms. Still not sure what triggered that.

Torgue can't build Way gates anymore.

Sometimes markets trigger the effect, sometimes they don't. Maybe increases the radius at which they detect caravans? Same for docks.

Way gates are harder to select now, when trying to link two I got a "Must select a building" message. I got around that by clicking their icons, but then land units still go from one to the other by walking.

If markets give gold, the window isn't updating to show it.

Some planets can't have anything built on them.

Still no aliens, how do I get them to show up?

Does the upgrade for caravans giving other resources work?

Idea: Have gold/oil/uranium deposits be mineable by workers (in addition to the income), so as to keep up with the other resources which are obtained much faster.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  9. nuck001

nuck001

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm used to killing all the villagers at the beginning,avoiding the selecting bug which was also mentioned by cleavinghammer.But it seems that you've removed the initial food supplies of basement.I couldn't train any more villagers since I hadn't built any houses.

There're also some geographic bugs.
    - Pekin is in the north of China which I've marked in my screenshot.

fb_02.jpg

- UlanBator is located far north of Yellow River,should be very close to Irkutsk in your map.

fb_03.jpg

10. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    So the selection bug is because of the initial workers?

Also, will the map eventually be expanded to the other continents, even in separate areas?

11. purparisien

purparisien

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm glad that I can count on you to spot the issues.
    -Capital will give pop again
    -Houses will take 14s to build
    -Market will be available in tier1
    -Space shipyard could build oil platform. I fix
    -Waygates will be back for Torgue
    -Ok I will increase trade radius
    -Waygates will be better selected
    -Markets will be accurate (right now they display only wood message)
    -All planets will be buildable
    -Next version Aliens !
    -It does only to tier 6 with the tech
    -I like the deposit idea but how could I trigger that ? I was thinking something like burrow for the buildings to serve a ressource collector

Thanks for helping with the geography.
    -I move Pekin and Oulan-Bator to the right place. However Irkousk and Oulan-Bator are too close. I will switch Irkousk with Nanning.
    -I will add foods to the capital. I removed it in the first place to avoid to have the religion text and the population one merging into 1. I can solve this by giving pop by triggers.

12. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If the UI can accommodate additional resources, can't the Harvest ability be modified in a similar way?

Another method is to have a burrow-type building next to the deposit that attacks the deposit, and either has Pillage or is triggered to increase resource count with every attack (so more workers inside->faster collecting). It could also come in helpful for letting the buildings defend themselves.

You could also use a modified Wisp Gather to give the resources instead of wood by ordering the worker to Wisp Harvest the resource (now a modified tree), or even with the wood, and have the resource increased with every lumber harvest cycle. Maybe rename Lumber to Materials, so you could also have Stone quarries and such, which would make it more logical to extract two types of resources in one place (Age of Humanity has a similar mechanic where different quarry types gives wood and gold at different rates).

Also: Market hotkeys overlap for food and fuel. Will uranium be buyable as well?

13. purparisien

purparisien

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Version 1.75 is out:
    -Motorised units need Fuel to work
    -Oil Platform and Nuclear Power Pant need villager inside
    -All units have better description
    -Villagers go back to their tasks after changing era
    -Uranium added to the market
    -Selling and buying ressources give more information
    -Capitals give pop again
    -Houses take 14s to build
    -Market is available in tier1
    -Some Capitals have been moved
    -Deathstar is available

14. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Catapults and Rams can't attack cities.

Onagers and Trebuchets and Bombards and Obusiers and Field Guns and Bofors (gasp) can't attack cities.

I don't know how long Houses take to build, but it's waaaaay more than 14s.

Markets don't appear in the Prehistoric builder's list.

Started in Prehistory, was unable to build in Antiquity, was able to build in Middle Ages onwards.

Does the Quinquireme have a higher range than the Carrack?

Put a worker in a bank, but it kept producing 0 gold. Tried to put a newly-made Industrial worker in the bank, it didn't recognize him as one. The OG villager could go right back in. Building a bank with the new villager didn't help.

Similarly, oil platforms refuse to take some villagers (either those weren't created in an earlier age or those that made made from houses), and produce nothing even with workers inside.

Caravans stop producing after going up an age.

Buying AND selling oil results in negative oil. The buttons also buy/sell uranium at the same time.

Ships can still move without fuel.

Submarines can attack cities.

Sometimes workers get back to work, sometimes they don't.

Automatic Production requires Aviation.

Zeppelins still have mana.

WW1 machine gunners can't attack buildings, WW2 ones can.

House-built Villager buildings don't seem to upgrade.

Aircraft Carrier still has refuel ability, can move while in production mode, can't switch out of production mode, and doesn't have a visible building queue. While the planes it makes upgrade with eras, its building list doesn't.

Stop Automatic Production button doesn't work.

One of the Nano Era ships is called a Steamboat.

Having multiple workers selected prevents them from switching building lists.

Space Station and Artillery Defense have no model during construction and don't show up.

Terraforming research says Prospect Fuel when finished.

Trying to buy uranium gets a "Not enough fuel" message.

Space House Villager is a different unit to City Villager, they have different voices. This is likely the cause of the production buildings not taking them in (although they don't produce anything full or empty).

Ark and Hovercraft don't mention they're amphibious.

If aliens are enabled, there should be some on the planets.

The "land on planet" ability should cause the spacecraft to follow the planet and then go to its surface, right now it goes to cooldown if you aren't just in the exact center of the planet.

Asteroids can't be harvested.

15. nuck001

nuck001

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not only those siege weapons,but also some ground units have lost their abilities of attacking buildings.For example:
    - Templar

fb_10.jpg

- Arquebus and Halberdier

fb_12.jpg

That happened to me too.But when I restart a new game (in north Africa),the bank with villager(s) did work,producing gold periodly.

There is another bug of Farms.Villagers' positions are not where they should be.It seems that the bug only happened in Antiquity Era and Middle Age.Take a look at the screenshots below:

fb_07.jpg
    fb_09.jpg

Fishing boats and the villagers working in the Farms or Lumbermills stopped working when we upgraded into a new era.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  16. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Fishing boats it seems to depend on if they're inside the fishing spot at the moment everything upgrades. Maybe have the fishing spots autoreplenish?

The workers went back to work only once after the first era change, after that they were always waiting.

I've had the teleported workers bug too (although sometimes it's the farm itself that teleports).

17. nuck001

nuck001

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe destroy fishing boat once and for all,replacing it with a structure named Fishing Ground which could automatically produce food.

18. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I only use it single-player, but that might cause issues with other players.

19. purparisien

purparisien

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks you cleavinghammer and nuck001. You are both very kind and helpful to find out all the issues. I've solved most of the issues. The caravan one will require some work. Also, I'm not sure if the fuel distribution works well.

The version 1.76 is out:
    Version 1.76
    -Motorised units need Fuel to work
    -All units can attack buildings
    -Submarine can't attack cities
    -Houses Villagers are no longer different from the regular ones
    -Asteroids can be mined
    -Uranium can be bought
    -Aircraft change properly
    -Land on planet works normaly
    -Fish boats work well after changing era
    -Ark and Hovercraft say they are amphibious
    -Mana removed from the zeppelins
    -Houses take 14s to build
    -Market is available in tier1
    -New naval units in Industrial Age
    -New firearms units in Renaissance

Problem still pending:
    -Aliens are not here yet
    -Caravans still bug after changing era
    -Having multiple workers selected prevents them from switching building lists.

20. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Workers going back to work only seems to be enabled when going from Prehistory to Antiquity.

Fish boats don't go back to work when a fishing spot is emptied and replaced.

Market buildable without research in Prehistory.

When starting from a different era, all Academy upgrades for that era are already researched.

It seems there's a hidden limit on population for every era where building more houses/taking capitals doesn't increase it (50 in Prehistory, 100 in Antiquity, etc.). It should be mentioned somewhere.

Fuel and uranium mines still don't work.

Modern oil platform has 7 slots but only shows 6. Its upgrade only has 3.

PzH has lower range than a tank.

Scoreboard hides number of cities until you go up an era.

-

Maybe make amphibious units buildable in factories.

Possible idea: Alternate farm that spawns berry patches.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019