• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Empire Earth 2.3

Gameplay

This map looks like the original game : Empire Earth. In other words, you play as a nation which evolves over the periods. Empire Earth covers ten eras in total. The player changes era in garnering a number of resources and launching the search for the next era in one of its capitols. Ten eras are Prehistory, Antiquity, the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, the industrial era, World War One, World War Two, the Modern Era, the the Nano Era and Space Era.

So you can develop your skills. For example, the units change with the times. In the Renaissance you will be allow to use gunpowder. Then, the modern era allows you to developp aviation and tanks. In the future, you can go into space and colonize planets.

The land itself is the map of Europe and Asia. Besides there is a space for the solar system. You also have the opportunity to visit all the planets of the solar system and the moon.

You can recolt ressources in different ways harvesting wood, fishing, collecting gold, trading, exploiting asteroids. In short, the development possibilities are numerous.

Video

coming

Gameplay

Close

full

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

Credits

-Gollum[KoMe]
-Fingolfin
-Kitabatake
-HappyTauren
-Kofi_Banan
-Talon the Mage
-General Frank
-Mechanical Man
-Ergius
-Illidan(Evil)X
-NFWar
-ZanMgt
-dioris
-paulH
-BlinkBoy
-Ket
-killst4r
-Em!
-Lord_T

Music:

-Imperator Rome Main Theme : Era 1
-Ben Hur Main Theme : Era 2
-Medieval 2 Total War Main Theme : Era 3
-Cossacks 3 Denmark Theme : Era 4
-Rise of nations High Strunk : Era 5
-Victoria 2 Main Theme : Era 6
-Heart of Iron IV Main Theme : Era 7
-Battlefield IV Remix Main Theme : Era 8
-Stellaris Creation and Beyond : Era 9
-Stellaris To The End of the Galaxy : Era 10

Keywords:
Empire, Earth, Planets, Conquest, Future, Middle Age, Antiquity, Renaissance, World War, Modern
Contents

Empire Earth 2.3 (Map)

Reviews
17:17, 26th Jul 2013 Orcnet: map approved
Greeat Firewall -> Great Firewall

Minimap is now a pitch-black square, it doesn't even show the white outline of the currently viewed location.
Space builders have no planet build list.

Thanks you cleavinghammer as always. You helped me a lot to make the map better. I will do some big chances for farms. They will be regular mines. I'm tired of them teleporting everywhere. So it would be possible to make villagers "human" builder, so they can be several to build wonders for instance.
I was lacking some ideas to have good wonders spells. If you can suggest some it would be good. Also for the lag, I'm wondering if it is not the gold trigger that does this.

Level 6
- Players could benefit from wonders which are still under construction.As you can see in my screenshot,I had trained a bonus villager before Stonehenge was completed.

fb_27.jpg

- Some wonders don't have full HP when they're completed.

fb_30.jpg

- When a special hint displayed(around 4min20sec of the game),a huge lag spiked,lasting three seconds.

fb_28.jpg

- Roads created by merchant units seemed weird,fading away slowly.

fb_31.jpg
fb_32.jpg

- Not only Farms replaced themselves,Cities and Shipyards replaced themselves too.

fb_33.jpg

fb_34.jpg

fb_35.jpg

I had kept building new shipyard in its former location again and again until Industrial Age,a great era which prevent shipyard from self-destruction. :p

fb_37.jpg

- Bank bug.First occured Industrial Age,much earlier than Modern Era I've mentioned before.

fb_36.jpg

- Cities under the fog of war didn't display properly.

fb_38.jpg

- A bundle of limber faded in&out periodly at the centre of Jerusalem.

fb_43.jpg
fb_44.jpg

Level 28
So the fact that they're haunted gold mines is messing it up?

Stonehenge:
* Spirit of the Hunt: Spawns mammoths near a friendly city.
Coliseum:
* Gladiator Revolt: Spawns NH gladiators at a target location. Gives gold when killed.
Notre Dame:
* Crusade: All units in target area have increased damage and armor for X seconds.
Forbidden City:
* Silk Road: While active, all trade units give double profits.
Eiffel Tower:
* City of Light: While active, all units attacking a friendly city have an accuracy-reducing debuff.
Verdun:
* Bombardment: Fires a devastating barrage of shells at the target area.
Pentagon:
* Manhattan Project: While active, any enemy city captured gives 500 Uranium.
Burj Khalifa:
* Emigration: Destroys up to 3 houses owned by the targeted player.
Great Firewall
* DDoS: All enemy units in target area are stunned or Dizzy for X seconds.
Fusion Reactor:
* Nova: Creates a nova at the target location (including space if Quantum Mechanics is researched), dealing immense area damage.

Since the Dyson Sphere is pretty much a space wonder, why not give the Dahl a space wonder as well?

^ The HP thing might be if you researched an Imperial upgrade in the meantime, it also does that to normal buildings.

I had the floating lumber as well, but it appears over buildings (even wonders) and units as well.

Thanks you cleavinghammer and nuck001. I can improve the map thanks to you.

1.792 hotfix:

-New minimap
-Farms are redone (they no longer teleport when changing era)
-Shipyards need to be built on the shoreline (they no longer teleport when changing era)
-Forbbiden City give Trade Tax revenus
-Bank Bug fixed
-Reduced periodic lag
-Villagers can build together to be faster
-Wonders benefits appear only after completion

Level 28
Lag at 5/5/-4999 and 17/8/-4998.

Stonehenge-spawned units have trouble with rally points: workers don't gather automatically, caravans don't get loaded.
* Double-spawned caravans don't upgrade and can't be told to go to any market (even those built afterwards).
* Double-spawned workers apparently can't build wonders or go inside staffed buildings (although this might be just those made from houses, the game crashed before I could compare). They also keep the undead building.
Stonehenge says it's for villagers, not all units.

Workers finishing a Storage Facility will immediately head for a gold mine instead of lumber.

Regarding farms: Maybe instead of a single building that's quickly clogged up by workers at every era change, farms could spawn wheat bushels around itself (with the limit of 2/4/6/8) with the bushels being harvested by the workers, and respawning bushels as needed.

Industrial Siege Workshop doesn't increase pollution.

Barracks upgrading to Industrial doesn't increase pollution (those built in the Industrial Era pollute as normal).

NDdP: Caravans upgrade and trade all 3 goods, but more can't be trained. Possibly the same issue for modern trade ships, which can't be built.

Made several airplanes with no fuel: One of them automatically landed, but the others crashed. Bought fuel, and now they crashed every time, even after going up an era. Possibly a NDdP bug.

Landed aircraft don't upgrade.

Wonders show up in civilian and military build lists (although military and civilian wonders could be a thing).

Caravan roads just don't work. Not only does every caravan create its own and the road model is covered by terrain, they stop being produced after a while.

The haunted gold mine system forced me to use the workers as undead, so they would collect the gold.
The issue was not he haunted gold mine ability but the pathing. I reduced it, so farms dont have to tp.
However, villagers should build buildings (especially wonders) and not summon them. That's I ultimatly change to a regular gold mine

The double spawn spell has raised a few problems. It's nothing too damaging but I will address these issues.
Notre Dame is really messing up ; no wonder why people put it on fire !

Landed aircraft are seperate units ; i forget to make them upgrade :i'll fix it

Caravan roads can be removed, I was just thinking the idea of making road neat.

Level 28
Tried it again: Doublespawned villagers from houses still have the Undead building type, don't upgrade, and can't build Wonders or go in staff buildings. The game counts them as separate units. Capital ones work fine.

Doublespawned trade ships are also unable to trade.

Every unit should have the sacrifice ability, especially with the doublespawn on.

Bug where you can't build modern trade units does appear to be due to NDdP, as it works when ND doesn't get built.

Plane bug isn't due to NDdP, I researched it normally and they still crashed. Although the weird thing was that if told to build them with rally points in different directions, they sometimes spawned as landed, then crashed on trying to take off.

Combat spaceships don't land at airfields.

Last edited:
Level 6
The game(v1.792) crashed twice.One occurred when I was training a lot of planes.The other occurred when I was clicking on a wonder(couldn't remember which wonder).Perhaps its a memory leak since I've played each game for at least an hour.

I'll let you know when a third crash happens.

Ok guys I found out that the fuel trigger was leaking hard. That's why you game was crashing. A leak in a trigger that repeats every 0.5s can be a true nightmare fast.
I'm doing a new WW1 bomber. I want to add a new class of close air support that will do a lot of damages to ground units (except building)

Attachments

• Gotha Bomber.JPG
    Gotha Bomber.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 105
Level 28
No, not the towns, they already upgrade (although adding a few towers and walls near them when they do would be nice, they're so easy to capture).

I mean something simpler, just a trigger that spawns period-appropriate NH units somewhere and tells them to attack-move to player-owned capitals. It'd make the map a lot less about just making workers and traders to get resources faster so you can move to the next era.

Have you played Rise of Civilizations? Something like what the single-player mode does, spawns and sends wave of enemies at player locations instead of a true AI.

Level 28
Unpacked trebuchets can move (very slowly).
If Constantinople is the NH city, one wall spawns on the wrong side.
Bosphorus should be shallow water.
Changing eras should cancel all construction before upgrading the building so you at least get a refund.
Renaissance siege engines shouldn't upgrade until you research gunpowder, and shouldn't be available either.
Ships don't have the kill-unit button (Fishing Ship has the Demolish Building button).
Post-WWI aircraft still crash and burn on construction.
Space builder keeps building list if waygating from a planet to Earth.

Last edited:
Level 6
- I have some doubts about the new farming system.
a) The building-replacing bugs are still there,though much less than before.
Farm of Ulan Bator

fb_48.jpg

Farm of Vladivostok

fb_49.jpg

Even planetary capital replaced itself when I upgraded from Nano Era into Space Era.

fb_71.jpg

b) When I entered into a new era,the priority of villagers remained a mess.
Sometimes woodcutters became farmers.

fb_50.jpg

Sometimes farmers became berry collectors.

fb_51.jpg

Bankers,oil workers and nuclear workers got out of their buildings,as always,to chop the nearest tree.

c) The best strategy of farming is setting one villager per farm and building a storage house close to it.

fb_45.jpg

Thus,player's food would begin getting a rapid growth in the middle of game.Maybe 6 to 8 farms are quite enough to support a civilization,leaving fishing boats and berries sort of useless.I'm not saying it's a bad system,but it's lacking some fun of assigning villagers to do different jobs in my opinion.

- Villagers have lost their wonder building list after Antiquity Era.So players could only build Stonehenge.

fb_46.jpg

fb_47.jpg

- Transport ships drop most of their passengers far far away when a new era came.
Philippines to Japan

fb_52.jpg

fb_53.jpg

fb_54.jpg

India to Philippines

fb_55.jpg

fb_56.jpg

fb_57.jpg

- Newly built banks produce gold when villager(s) are working inside,but those upgraded from old ones do not produce gold,they call nearby villagers into the buildings periodly instead.

fb_58.jpg

I had kept destroying the old bank and building a new one repeatedly until Nano Era,of which the upgraded bank finally worked fine without rebuilding.

fb_59.jpg

fb_60.jpg

- The model of farm(Industrial Age) seems odd.Windmill swings like a wall clock,not rotates like a fan.

fb_62.jpg

- Almost every type of aircraft crashes immediately as soon as they're trained.Perhaps F65 is an exception.

fb_67.jpg

However,when I ordered them to land or take off,they crashed.

fb_68.jpg

- The inscription of Hacker's abilities is wrong.

fb_63.jpg

And Hackers couldn't cast their spells when I've got enough gold.

fb_64.jpg

- Stonehenge gives every unit a chance to be double trained.How about a twins of satellite?

fb_65.jpg

fb_66.jpg

- Dodging Tactics makes unit kill itself.

fb_69.jpg

- Players could benefit from Gas Extraction Wells which is under construction.I guess all four new buildings are sharing this bug.

fb_70.jpg

- The distance between the model and selecting circle of some space ships is too far.

fb_72.jpg

- Pollution reduction bug
We could build oil platform on Venus without any signs of oil.The pollution rate will not increase when we build platform,but it will decrease when me cancel the platform.

fb_73.jpg

fb_74.jpg

fb_75.jpg

- I lost control of my Deathstar when I ordered it to destroy Sun.(I had not enough uranium at that moment)

fb_76.jpg

- The color of seas on Earth changed into light-blue with some purple areas in the later game.

fb_77.jpg

- The game(v1.8) lags a lot in Nano Era and Space Era.

Level 6
I've tested v1.81 for a while,so far so good except some old bugs mentioned by cleavinghammer and me.

By the way,has anyone tested this map in Wc3:Reforged Beta?I haven't preordered it but I'm worried about the compatibility of this map.

Last edited:
I've tested v1.81 for a while,so far so good except some old bugs mentioned by cleavinghammer and me.

By the way,has anyone tested this map in Wc3:Reforged Beta?I haven't preordered it but I'm worried about the compatibility of this map.

You are absolutly right. I'm wondering if the map has some issues on Reforged. I don't have it but I would be eager to know if it works on it

Level 2
hi, this map is really great.
But there are some bugs.
For example, some aircraft will crash automatically, orbital bombing will be unavailable.
And can you optimize the delay and stutter in the game?

Level 9
Oh my god. Haha. This map is freaking 100/100. It has some cons like stupid/ugly looking units, only one civilisation, poor assortment of units, embarassing voices of prehistoric peasant(!).
But this is definitely creative and innovative map and I love it.
I was going to make map with similar idea but yours is much more over it I wanted to achieve :p

btw. what are "aliens"? I haven't seen any, and I was curious as hell.

Last edited:
Glad to see more updates! There was definitely less lag, but the tree models still don't display in classic graphics, perhaps you have only tested it in reforged graphics.

Thanks for your feedbacks. I did indeed worked with Reforged. I'm going to fix the tree issue in the next version.

1.Orbital bombing cannot be used.
2.The second era may lead to collapse.
Thanks
1. Easy fix
2. Can you be more specific about the reason of the collapse. Is only on second Era ?

I really like this map and it's so well made.
You really put a standard on how to create such maps. I really love how you used all assets and how well everything looks together.

However, as of right now I am kinda sad that the map does not work right at all and some things are missing in the classic version. The random crashes are also horrible.
(I'll give this a higher rating once you fix all the major bugs and glitches.)

After some tweakings, I managed to find out why the game was crashing. Somehow the hidden model Units\Demon\ChaosOrcRange\ChaosOrcRange.mdx is corrupted and made the map unstable. After changing this model, the map was stable.
Now, the version 2.1 is out:
-Map works finally
-Trees appears properly
Good job. I got no crashes in 3 games or so.
Although there is a weird bug: When you order your villagers to cut down trees, the trees turn into a different model. Any idea why this happens?

Good job. I got no crashes in 3 games or so.
Although there is a weird bug: When you order your villagers to cut down trees, the trees turn into a different model. Any idea why this happens?
I need to change some few models more. I have replaced the regular tree doodads with fingolfin's. However, there are models when the trees are attacked. I need to change these as well.

hi1

hi1

Level 5
I noticed that even in the newest version, the game seems to get very laggy as time goes on.

Also, each time a player ages up, a stutter occurs, likely because you are replacing existing units with new units, it’s negligible in the first few eras (likely cuz players dont have many units) but seems to get a lot worse mid to late game where it causes the game to stutter for >15 seconds.

Hopefully you can focus on optimizing the map!

Level 25
Great custom UI and ideas but can you add AI support? Is it too complicated because of the different resources? Maybe you could combine a campaign AI script with some custom triggers which send workers to the different resources?

Maybe you should change the messages with "Requires more food" to "Requires more population". It is a bit confusing since food is something else here.

Last edited: