1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Role Playing Game] Emm-A-s Harvest Moon for Warcraft III

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Emm-A-, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Avire,

I remember, because I went through the whole, old project thread again. These were really awesome times back then, weren't they. Nice to see you around :)
    It has been years, I know, and things changed so much. The end of the return bug in combination with my real life unfortunately killed the project back then as well as my "internet appearance" in general. I was afk for around 5 years because my life was quite "interesting". Then, I had to remake the whole map from scratch as well. So these are 2 different maps, actually. Yet, I tried to bring back all the features and implemented new ones. Also, I am able to code better stuff compared to the old version.

thanks for your comment, it brought back good memories :)

2. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    That's really awesome, if you need any help or some ideas, contact me ;) :)

3. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Alxen345,

thank you for your kind words. You guys are really motivating, and I appreciate this so much!!
    If you have experience in editing models, I could really need someone looking over these trees to give them an alternate snowy texture during winter.
    I open a separate thread for this here: Can someone make these alternate, animated textures work?

If you got any ideas, it would great if you shared them here, so hopefully others may even contribute to them! Anyway I am grateful for any kind of ideas and critique! :)

Best regards :)

4. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi Everybody,

I just would like to say, that I am actually working on this pretty much but I am held up by some super-annoying-hard-to-fix bugs, which I would not like to publish. This is the reason, that there is no demo release yet.

Sry for the delay, but I am quite optimistic that I can release a stable version soon.

I got some screenshots instead :)

note that in one of the pictures, you can see a rainbow. This is actually part of the weather system, which happens dynamically.

these are some recent gameplay screenshots, they are not meant to blow your mind, they are meant to show some aspects of the gameplay and world..

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  5. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I am going to share all the ideas I have for your project, but tomorrow. Now I must sleep because tomorrow I wake up early to go to school. :)

6. streetpunk

streetpunk

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    subbed! Wanna try this out

7. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  8. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey guys, thank you for positive feedback and curiosity :)

@Alxen345 If you got any ideas, please do not hesitate to write them down here.

@streetpunk you may do so by testing the current beta version

@Barade thank you! I know about that one, Quillnez released his map development thread about the same time, as I did with this one. Indeed, they seem very similar at a first glance, however I think, that both projects got very different flavours in design.

Please try the first trial version linked in the map description

I decided to release a first trial version today, as I think, the game is at least "presentable" at the moment.
    Unfortunately, you need to allow Warcraft III to use local files and copy the additional HarvestMoon folder to your Warcraft III directory in order to play the map.
    In case you need more details, please check out the first chapter of the map description:
    Emm-A-s Harvest Moon for Warcraft III

9. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    damn, thats a lot of feature! But wait, its 168 + 7 MB 0.0

10. Tickles

Tickles

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm in the process of downloading the files now, but please consider figuring out how to compress file sizes. There are plenty of tools available on this site for models and textures, but you can use audio editing programs like Audacity or WavePad for free to drastically reduce the size of music or sound files. If you save them at a bitrate of Warcraft's music default of 128, you can probably cut the sizes in half (or more) already without any editing of the music itself.

More people will download and play the map if it's simpler to get hold of. That's currently a bigger file size than almost any campaign I've ever come across.

11. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey guys,

thank you for your comments, and Tickles, thanks for downloading anyway!

you are right, I will have to get the package to a lower size.

Edit: [...]

I reduced the size of the pack down to 125mb by compressing sound. Models only make out 11mb so I will compress textures later.
    I also updated the credit list .. If some of you find any models, that I did not credit yet, I am happy to receive notes about that. There is quite some non-credited work yet...

I will continue to reduce the pack size soon, eventually, I am sure, I can get it below 100mb. If you want to try out the current version, I am happy though :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  12. Lotus

Lotus

Resources:
    Resources:
    just downloaded this, play less than an hour.

well this is awesome, the feature are very rich and complex. I didn't expect it has marriage system, is the partner have personal character like in the original game, like a name or just random woman villager model? i personally didn't mind with the size as long the content well optimized and really necessary since it already use local file anyway. it need more tutorial like what to do in the game but i think it just not added yet in beta version. Maybe someone already mention it, I get bug with free camera when click achivement.

13. Kazeon

Kazeon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hello, EmmA. I tried your map some times ago. But I was kind of stuck somewhere after the "train" selection scene, not knowing what to do. Some villagers kept popping out from a door/gate but I couldn't do anything to enter that door/gate. So I can't give you any feedback at this point.

Some instructions in game will be very good additions. ;)

14. Xeryxoz

Xeryxoz

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I am interested in this project's development; I'm in a few roleplay groups over at discord, and I can say for certain that the people there will do more than just accept and get into playing this ^^