• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harvest Moon: Nocturn Town - need help! - new idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello and welcome

for those of you who dont know what any of the Harvest Moon games are... they are just a farming where you live a life, get married, have a kid, and run your dead fathers farm for years and years...yes it is repetitive but very VERY fun. and now i want to move it to WC3:TFT but i need help with a few things.

some websites:

http://www.harvestlore.com/home.html(a fan site)
http://www.natsume.com(the offical site)

here is a list of what i need help with:

-Modeling(not to much detail for the characters because they are more cartoony then realistic)
-Texturing(for the models of course)
-Triggerer(to make better triggers and/or use JASS if needed)

Modeling-this is going to be the most important part of the Harvest Moon: Nocturn Town team. we are going to have over 30 models (1 main character, 4 girls that you can marry, and the rest just villagers that you can befriend and they run the shops,ect).

the characters are going to be based off of 2 of the Harvest Moon games:

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life(Game Cube)
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town(Gameboy Advanced)

our main character is here (if you are going to be a modeler then do this w/o the pitchfork):
harvestmoonhero.jpg

whats fun about him is you will be able to name him before the game! so you wont have to go with his actual name (Jack)!

we need a cartoonish dog that is like the HM dog too if anyone can model it

you'll get to name your dog at the beginning as well!

now to name off the four girls you can marry:

m-karen-jpg.jpg

Karen

m-ann-jpg.jpg

Ann

GCnami.gif

Nami

GCsepiria.gif

Celia

out of one of those four girls you get to marry one of them! but that wont be such an easy task when playing! because there are many things the girls dislike and like. also, they are in diffrent places at diffrent times of the day making it more difficult for you to find them and give them your presents :eek: . to check how much they like you is more like "Friends of Mineral Town" where it shows a heart next to them like so:
589702_20031210_screen031.jpg

however...instead of hearts we are going to use the levels of a hero unit! perfect cross over from the games :D (and yes...that is Karen in FoMT).

and also we will need models of the girls in wedding dresses and Jack in a tuxedo for the marrige.

now for the kid, yes, you get to have a child that eventualy grows up! that is another part that we will need a teen+adult version of the kid...but that can wait for now. what we need is a kid that looks like this:
baby_nami.jpg

yes...just put something that looks like that hat onto the child unit or (if you want) make a new unit that looks like it.

you kid will grow up and work at a shop in the town (depending on who you married).

all the extra characters needed

here is were some fun comes in for the modeler(s)! you get to make your own custom characters! but we need to keep only about 20 town characters so if we dont get many you could create all the characters if you wanted! we need at minimum 8 of the characters from the games (4 from FoMt, 4 from AWL). just keep these characters human for the town please :D .

also we need some cartoony cows, sheep, ducks (white ducks, yellow bill), and a horse(brown in color).

we also need diffrent fruits, vegitibles, flowers, and trees i will put up in a while

help w/ the triggers! this is important as well! we need to be able to travel across a few WC3 maps (1 for the farm, 1 for inside your house, 1 for the cow+sheep+horse barn, 1 for the chicken coop, 1 for the town, 1 for behind town, 6 for inside building in town)...that is the simple part...we need the character to save w/ the items bought inside the buildings, taken out of the barn or chicken coop, ect.. aslo we need diffrent days because the animals will get sick in 2 days if you dont feed them. also the plants grow in a certain amount of days. so we should have a good time for a day.

possibly 20 minutes=1 day then another 20 minutes= 1 night and it goes on like that?

but we need to have a group of people for this to go off...PM me if you can help model the units.

thanks!

-Crypt_Lord41

Level 3
Most of the models you mentioned are already in warcraft.

Also, if your map does reach completion, it'll be huge and virtually unplayable on b.net.

Ontop of that, (this is assuming you are aiming for b.net compatability) from the 1 harvest moon game I half played, I remember that the whole point of the game was to build an extensive and working farm. People will either need a save/load system or not play it. A save code that saves your entire farm would be... well... unrepeatable.

On a final note, why would people choose to play your version of harvest moon rather than the actual game?

Rapture

Level 4
Most of the models you mentioned are already in warcraft.
i know...but we need a more cartoon style to them

if your map does reach completion, it'll be huge and virtually unplayable on b.net.
this is not going for a B.Net map...this is Solo play.

from the 1 harvest moon game I half played, I remember that the whole point of the game was to build an extensive and working farm.
If you played the PS2 Version (Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland) it was very boring and you could only befriend the people in town and get kissed in the 9 endings sometimes. if that is the version you played then yes, the game was entirly on taking care of a farm and befriending people...the other ones you can marry people, run the farm, and more...although you still take care of a farm throughout the game.

People will either need a save/load system or not play it. A save code that saves your entire farm would be... well... unrepeatable.
this is were the old "Save Game" button comes in during Solo play. :D

why would people choose to play your version of harvest moon rather than the actual game?
It will just be another type of Harvest Moon is why...they all are really the same storyline...your father dies and/or gives the farm to you, you take over the farm. Im also planning diffrent crops other than just the ones from the games.

Level 3
Well, that awnsered my questions. Those are just some things I felt should have been in your intro.

If there's a trigger you want made, just ask. Don't make a habit of it tho. I can make any trigger, from physics engines to equipment systems to save/load systems, tho don't ask for something that complicated (from what I remember, doesn't the harvest moon guy only have a small backpack anyway?).

Level 4
from what I remember, doesn't the harvest moon guy only have a small backpack anyway?
yes he does...that is were the 6 hero spaces come in as his rucksack...however...i might want to increase to 6 for each item (6 key items like Hoe, other farming tools, seeds...and 6 for edible or drinkable items such as milk from cows and eggs from chickens and non-edible things like flowers and sheep wool that can be collected.

Level 4
you said you can make triggers...does that mean you know how to make a day/night system that can change weather and if not done correctly the plants and animals can die if not fed or watered? i know its kinda advanced but im semi-new at making triggers so im asking.

Level 3
The watering trigger you can do yourself.

1) Imagine health to be the plant's 'water'. Set your plant's health to 100. (Just an arbitary value).

2) Have your watering can heal plants only (set plant's classification to ward, and have the watering can only target wards)

3) In the editor, for your plants set their health regen to -0.10, this can be done by holding shift and double clicking the health regen field.

That's it, job done. After 1000 sec (16 min and 40 sec) of not being watered, the plant will die.

The advantage of using health as water is that a player can hold the # key to see all his plant's water amount. Oh, and the plants will automatically die if not 'watered'.

Level 4
Rapture said:
The watering trigger you can do yourself.

1) Imagine health to be the plant's 'water'. Set your plant's health to 100. (Just an arbitary value).

2) Have your watering can heal plants only (set plant's classification to ward, and have the watering can only target wards)

3) In the editor, for your plants set their health regen to -0.10, this can be done by holding shift and double clicking the health regen field.

That's it, job done. After 1000 sec (16 min and 40 sec) of not being watered, the plant will die.

The advantage of using health as water is that a player can hold the # key to see all his plant's water amount. Oh, and the plants will automatically die if not 'watered'.
thanks! that helps out alot! i assume then i should do the same with all the animals as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.