1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

EmberCraft v1.2a

Submitted by Quilnez
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

[​IMG]

Hosted by
[​IMG]

Developed by
[​IMG]

(EmberCraft dedicated forum)

About the map
[​IMG]
[​IMG] EmberCraft is a total conversion isometric ARPG. It is heavily influenced by the infamous Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 as inspiration for the dark atmosphere but takes place in an entirely new world with custom plot and storyline. The map will focus on enjoyable monster massacre and challenging & amazing boss fights. It revolves around a powerful random content generation system (for item stats, dungeon, shop, etc), to always deliver new experience on each go, and to provide incredible amount of item variations (6,000+ and counting).

We are aware the map still has a lot to work on. We are highly responsive and considerate toward user feedback. So keep feeding us suggestions, criticisms, and bug reports and help us to shape the world of EmberCraft!

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Storyline

The world was once a peaceful place. That's until bizarre unidentified beasts began to invade and wreak havoc everywhere. They seemingly appear out of nowhere, as if they came from other reality. After years of calamity with no resolution, a mysterious figure came to us and offered a solution. He claimed to be able to facilitate teleportation across multiple realms. We then called him The Mercenary, for a reason. He avouched that the very same phenomenon is also occurring in other worlds simultaneously and asked for cooperation to resolve the nodus. He then told us everything, about the Netherflame and The False Goddess, the root of this chaos... [​IMG]
[​IMG]
Verraje, the false goddess, is a self-proclaimed deity who desires chaos and total destruction. To achieve her ambition, she created the Netherflame, undying dark flame, to disrupt the balance in nature by uncontrollably producing vicious monsters all across the multiverse, creating endless conflicts, with the ultimate goal to wipe out all kind of life form and send everything back to nothingness. After years of struggle, we finally found a way to reach the celestial palace and we started numerous clashes with the goddess. But many strong heroes have fallen under her otherworldly might...

But it was not all in vain. We noticed that the beasts stopped appearing when we were clashing against the goddess. We then speculate that the Netherflame, the once thought eternal and infinite, can be extinguished by defeating the goddess...
[​IMG] [​IMG]
[​IMG] Being aware of the struggle, the goddess started to gave birth to some of the most frightening beasts in existence from her own flesh and blood. They guard every gateway to the sacred palace. Since then, no one has ever managed to reach the palace. Those guardian beasts are frighteningly powerful. But we, yet again, speculate that for her to achieve such feat, it must have weakened her in some way. This can be our chance to defeat her and put an end to this centuries-long calamity.

We have lost many times and many lives. But we can not afford to give up after all the sacrifice of our ancestors and many great heroes. We need the bravest warriors like you to continue our struggle and keep fighting in the front line. Our fate, our world's fate, now lies in your hands, warrior.

* the story is still under development.
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CHARACTER CLASSES

[​IMG]
WARRIOR •

"Mob, charge, slam, and repeat!"

A melee combatant. Wield a one-hander sword and a shield. They possess immense physical prowess and use brute force to defeat their enemies.

[​IMG]

RANGER •

"Nothing is more unforgiving than our bows..."

A ranged combatant, wield a bow to attack targets from long distance. They are a versed hunter and trickster.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
• ?

"Something needs shooting?"

(COMING SOON)

SUB-CLASSES

[​IMG]
? •

"There is no extend to knowledge..."

(COMING SOON)

SUB-CLASSES

[​IMG] [​IMG]
[​IMG]
• ?

"I come to cleanse this land."

(COMING SOON)

SUB-CLASSES

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

MULTIPLAYER

Play co-op with your friends via LAN or Battle.Net. Declare battles with other players to determine the strongest! The map is balanced for playing in both single player and multi player mode. Keep in mind that save data from single player mode can't be loaded in multi player mode.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]
ITEM & UPGRADE

The map not only harbors more than 6,000 different items, ranging from common items up to legendary ones! But also introduces item quality and gear collection system. Using gears from the same collection will reward remarkable bonuses. Not only that. You can also insert elemental gems into each gear, granting you some extra elemental prowess! It also supports a very unique gear upgrade system. It provides various upgrading materials for you to hunt, such as ores and gemstones (topaz, jade, crystal, and quartz). Not only significantly improves your strength, upgrading gears will also unlock awesome visual effects to make your character looks sharp! Read more detail about the socket and upgrade system here. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

PETS

Collect pets to aid you in combat. Some pets unlock special buffs/debuffs or even special skills. Pets are incredibly rare!
But will definitely worth the effort and what more? They are adorable!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
MEDIA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Design by: Quilnez
Contents

EmberCraft v1.2a (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I can see this being improved over time and its quality raised. As it has many innovative systems implemented, Approved.
  1. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    (#June 2017)
    Keep in mind that this is still a prototype version.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    how much of a prototype? if it is too much of a beta, you should post it in Map Development instead.

3. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tried playing this, but since there is no opposing team I couldn't start on BNet

4. organnerx

organnerx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like a concept of this map. Good luck with it! Btw, 1st skill for Knight is not working when I press an assigned number on keyboard.

5. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I will fix it. There are still some desync issues so you can't play it multiplayer (yet) anyway.

Make sure when calibrating, you type "-c" then press CTRL+Enter (not just Enter).
    But "Charge" ability isn't working yet indeed.

6. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Update v0.0.06:
    - Fixed tooltips rendering problem
    - Fixed a lot of desync issues (not all tho)
    - Some environmental & atmospheric improvements
    - New monster: Kobold Nest & Kobold Basher
    - Fixed item drop bug
    - Added musics

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is not a demo. It's work in progress AKA more of a test map.
    Terrain is pretty repetitive and some enemies are hard to be clearly seen on it because of the colour.
    It starts working in frames after a while of playing. Either something related to leaks or I don't know.
    The systems and all that are really interesting. However, at least a somewhat full level is required to approve this as a full working resource.

I vote for Substandard until then. @Paillan what do you think?

8. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Have you tested the last version? Because I've improved the environment to make the monsters look clearer. The fog was too dense in the previous version indeed.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, if it's only the environment you've changed, it's not enough. I really don't know why you hurried with this to upload it as a map instead of leaving it in the development forum until you get a full hero working with spells, stats and everything (that includes: getting items, fighting creatures to level up and get loot and so on).
    As I've written, everything is going in a really interesting direction. However, in terms of being considered a map, it's pretty much not there yet. Maybe, have at least some rooms where you get to level up, get some loot and then fight a boss?

10. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Quilnez
    Hello there!

You make very interesting WC3 projects, I've had a look at all of your projects and I am very impressed. I'm subbing to this thread to follow it's development. Good job on everything, you are an amazing coder :)

11. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks for following and thanks for the kind words. I hope it's gonna worth your times following. : )

12. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Update v0.1.068:
    - Some balances for Knight & Archer class
    - Improved damage calculation formula
    - Added shop system
    - Fixed a lot of multiplayer mode issues (desyncs, bugs, etc.)
    - New HD models & music
    - Improved logo and loading screen
    - Some other little improvements

13. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Getting some deep Diablo 1 nostalgia from the screens.

Subbed for now.

14. ChinChopperChinChopper!(

ChinChopperChinChopper!(

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy Shit! Amazing!! :goblin_jawdrop:

That's why I love world editor.
    It is possible to altar everything you want (when you know how to use vjass/jass and these codes, of course)
    Congrats!

15. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    That's what I'm trying to achieve, even tho I haven't ever played Diablo. Tehe~

Thanks for the comment and rating!

16. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Will play this, hopefully tomorrow. Looks really good Quil!

Edit: Damn. Doesn't work for 1.28.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  17. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks! Just don't play it on multiplayer yet. You can wait for the next version if you want to play it on multiplayer.

18. ChinChopperChinChopper!(

ChinChopperChinChopper!(

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Quinez
    Is it possible to play alone? I started to test the map, but the exp / keyboard / life / mana part did not appear(Is left blank), and I could not choose the classes.

19. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Those are supposed to appear after you select a class.

And yes, there's a problem with patch 1.28, someone else has reported the same issue before.
    I still can't patch to 1.28 myself due to some problems, so I can't fix it.
    For now you can only play within version 1.26-1.27b.