1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

EmberCraft ARPG v0.10.773

Submitted by Quilnez
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

Notice

Disclaimer:
• This map is still in early-access version and still under development.
• This map has not been adapted to the newest patches yet. It's recommended to play it using patch 1.28 or lower.

Key Calibration:
For patch 1.29 and up, hold SHIFT instead of CTRL for calibrating keys. This note is not displayed in-game just yet.

Download CE version:
Combat Enhanced (CE) version uses mouse tracker to assist aiming. Patch 1.29 and up are not supported. Save data is shared between vanilla and CE version.

[​IMG]

ENB Graphic Enhancer:
Enhance the map's graphic quality by installing ENB add-on. It works for other maps as well but the parameters are adjusted specifically for EmberCraft. Credit goes to enbdev.com for the original files.
[​IMG] [​IMG]

Install:
• Download ENB - EmberCraft.zip
• Extract to Warcraft III folder.
• Re-adjust Warcraft's brightness according to your preference.

Uninstall:
• Delete d3d9.dll from Warcraft III folder.

Discord:
Follow the development of the map, get sneak peeks, and gather with other EmberCraft players by joining our discord:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I. Description:
EmberCraft is a hack 'n' slash top-down action RPG map. The project aims to bring the quality of industry level RPG games into a Warcraft 3 map. It has highly atmospheric Warcraft-Diablo-hybrid visual style and environment. It supports flashy special effects and fully-fledged top down action combat mechanism for amazing and enjoyable slash 'n' dodge experience. More details about the map can be found in the next sections.

II. Features:
1. Custom combat mechanism
The combat mechanism and control is inspired by Torchlight 2: mouse for moving and performing normal attack and number keys for activating skill/item in the macro bar. Player and monster both inherit widely diverse combat properties:

• Physical & magic damage/defense: output damage of attack and some skills is based on accumulation of physic and magic damage and the target's defense.
  • Attack AoE, radius, & rate: basic attack splash area, attack range, and attack speed.
  • Critical chance, power, & resistance: chance to deal critical damage, it's also affected by level difference and target's critical resistance.
  • Knockback power & resistance: knockback is applied to basic attack and some skills.
  • Interruption rate & resistance: interruption stops the target from attacking and casting/channeling a skill/spell.
  • Stun rate & resistance: basic attack and some skills may trigger mini-stun on hit.
  • Reflect rate & power: chance to reflect incoming projectiles back to the attacker, only works for shield wielder.
  • Block rate, evasion, & accuracy: block and evasion can ignore incoming damage completely. Both chances are affected by the attacker's accuracy.
  • Element powers & resistances: element affects the output damage depending on element power and target's resistance.
  • And many more...: there are some other hidden stats like projectile speed that actually affect your character strength.
2. User Interface system
The map supports on-screen custom User Interfaces for interacting with important game components quickly without taking player away from gameplay.

3. Save/load system
As expected from RPG maps, it features save/load system works for both single & multiplayer mode. Data is stored on disk and can be loaded without the need to enter save codes manually.

4. Item, equipment, & upgrade system
There are multiple item types: consumable, equipment, scroll, gem, and loot item. Equipment is classified into 10 (ten) sub-types (headgear, glove, shield, weapon, etc), each one serves typical purpose. Each equipment gear possesses multiple properties to look after:

• Gear rarity: There are 6 tiers of rarity: Common, Unique, Rare, Mystical, Ancestral, and Legendary. Rarer gear possesses more bonus/properties.
  • Gear quality: quality affects gear's basic properties and improvements when it is upgraded (enhanced). There are 5 tiers of quality: low, normal, high, intense, and superior.
  • Gear enhancement: enhancement improves gear's properties. Gear enhancer will be available in the main village. But sometimes special enhancer will be spawned randomly somewhere in the dungeon.
  • Gear collection bonus: some gears provide extra stats bonuses when worn along with other gears within the same collection group.
  • Gem socket: some gears have sockets for inserting gems. Gems generally gives elemental prowess or resistance, and occasionally gives damage/defense bonus, or even knockback power/resistance.

5. Dungeon system
The dungeon system is inspired by Torchlight 2. Player can enter dungeon by activating a dungeon scroll. Dungeon scroll has attribute modifier that may affect both monster and player's properties. The dungeon is randomly generated and consists of 3 levels: 2 base floors and 1 boss room. There are multiple dungeons available (currently 3): Tranquil Forest, Forsaken Crypt, & Blazing Chamber. Each has unique environment and inhabitants.

6. AI-scripted monsters
Each monster type has unique behavior based on their traits and skills. Monsters are classified into multiple ranks: creep, captain, general, and boss. Higher ranked monster possesses unique skill(s) and has better item drops.

7. PvP system
Declare a duel or even a brawl against other player(s) to determine who's the strongest!

And many more...

III. Gallery:
[​IMG] [​IMG]
(*use shift+scroll to slide)
[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

IV. Developers:

V. Credits:

<Revealed upon full release>

VI. Changelog:

You can boost the development of this project by making kind donations!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Contents

EmberCraft ARPG v0.10.773 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
This is not a demo. It's work in progress AKA more of a test map. Terrain is pretty repetitive and some enemies are hard to be clearly seen on it because of the colour. It starts working in frames after a while of playing. Either something related to...
deepstrasz
I can see this being improved over time and its quality raised. As it has many innovative systems implemented, Approved.
  1. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    (#June 2017)
    Keep in mind that this is still a prototype version.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    how much of a prototype? if it is too much of a beta, you should post it in Map Development instead.

3. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tried playing this, but since there is no opposing team I couldn't start on BNet

4. organnerx

organnerx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like a concept of this map. Good luck with it! Btw, 1st skill for Knight is not working when I press an assigned number on keyboard.

5. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I will fix it. There are still some desync issues so you can't play it multiplayer (yet) anyway.

Make sure when calibrating, you type "-c" then press CTRL+Enter (not just Enter).
    But "Charge" ability isn't working yet indeed.

6. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Update v0.0.06:
    - Fixed tooltips rendering problem
    - Fixed a lot of desync issues (not all tho)
    - Some environmental & atmospheric improvements
    - New monster: Kobold Nest & Kobold Basher
    - Fixed item drop bug
    - Added musics

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is not a demo. It's work in progress AKA more of a test map.
    Terrain is pretty repetitive and some enemies are hard to be clearly seen on it because of the colour.
    It starts working in frames after a while of playing. Either something related to leaks or I don't know.
    The systems and all that are really interesting. However, at least a somewhat full level is required to approve this as a full working resource.

I vote for Substandard until then. @Paillan what do you think?

8. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Have you tested the last version? Because I've improved the environment to make the monsters look clearer. The fog was too dense in the previous version indeed.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, if it's only the environment you've changed, it's not enough. I really don't know why you hurried with this to upload it as a map instead of leaving it in the development forum until you get a full hero working with spells, stats and everything (that includes: getting items, fighting creatures to level up and get loot and so on).
    As I've written, everything is going in a really interesting direction. However, in terms of being considered a map, it's pretty much not there yet. Maybe, have at least some rooms where you get to level up, get some loot and then fight a boss?

10. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Quilnez
    Hello there!

You make very interesting WC3 projects, I've had a look at all of your projects and I am very impressed. I'm subbing to this thread to follow it's development. Good job on everything, you are an amazing coder :)

11. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks for following and thanks for the kind words. I hope it's gonna worth your times following. : )

12. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Update v0.1.068:
    - Some balances for Knight & Archer class
    - Improved damage calculation formula
    - Added shop system
    - Fixed a lot of multiplayer mode issues (desyncs, bugs, etc.)
    - New HD models & music
    - Improved logo and loading screen
    - Some other little improvements

13. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Getting some deep Diablo 1 nostalgia from the screens.

Subbed for now.

14. ChinChopperChinChopper!(

ChinChopperChinChopper!(

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy Shit! Amazing!! :goblin_jawdrop:

That's why I love world editor.
    It is possible to altar everything you want (when you know how to use vjass/jass and these codes, of course)
    Congrats!

15. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    That's what I'm trying to achieve, even tho I haven't ever played Diablo. Tehe~

Thanks for the comment and rating!

16. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Will play this, hopefully tomorrow. Looks really good Quil!

Edit: Damn. Doesn't work for 1.28.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  17. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks! Just don't play it on multiplayer yet. You can wait for the next version if you want to play it on multiplayer.

18. ChinChopperChinChopper!(

ChinChopperChinChopper!(

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Quinez
    Is it possible to play alone? I started to test the map, but the exp / keyboard / life / mana part did not appear(Is left blank), and I could not choose the classes.

19. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Those are supposed to appear after you select a class.

And yes, there's a problem with patch 1.28, someone else has reported the same issue before.
    I still can't patch to 1.28 myself due to some problems, so I can't fix it.
    For now you can only play within version 1.26-1.27b.