• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim ! {lulz?^^}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Nah, i found it on 9gag, and thought of putting it here since people were talking about references between skyrim and middle earth :D

It wouldn't surprise me if they did that intentionally. The Elder Scrolls world, whose name I forgot, doesn't really have serious names.

Elsweyr, anyone?

Level 17
does anybody have a complete list of dwemer dungeons ?
I want to forge the daedric stuff for my wife but I don't have any centurion cores left
it looks like I will probably have to progress in the story a bit seeing some what appears to be dwemer dungeons are still locked for me

edit: nvm found the list, shocked I didn't visit even a half of them

Last edited:
i liked TES: Oblivion & Shivering Isles quite much, althoug it had a crucial lack: unless you don't download mods, you fight the same few monsters and evils each time. Not even the Plains of Oblivion offer a variety of monsters. Skyrim seems to me to be a worse Oblivion. In my oppinion, they should add it as an expansion to oblivion. I only saw the trailer stuff from Skyrim. I liked playing oblivion on the PC. Skyrim's storyline is also crudely ripped from Oblivion: the same start as a prisoner and again the assassination of the highest leader. Plant graphics are a general issue, not only in TES. They're bad and poor in quality in most of the games. The same to say for grass and lawns. In Oblivion the mountains were sloppy-looking from distance, but they weren't that bad from close. Skyrim seems to have more creeps than Oblivion, but as many of you said, they're graphically poor.
I'll continue playing TES: Oblivion. By adding some mods to Oblivion, it becomes realy unique, but i don't think that's fitting for Skyrim atm.

Level 9
What I think of Skyrim?

Glitchy. I get stuck, and sinks are teleportation devices.

Graphics not so good for a game made in 2011. that's good for me though. My Laptop can run it lagless.

the sounds sound like they've been ripped from Titan Quest or something. And it seems like the game has only 2 voice providers. A male and a female. Good thing they're talented though.

this game has the best lore ever, and has got to be the best game this year. The combat system is very nice, very realistic.

I've been offline for a week playing. And after this, i'm going to buy the other 4 Elder Scrolls.

Overall, I rate skyrim 4.8/5

You played titan quest, too? I loved that game!
And, really, the graphics on Skyrim are still pretty good. People need to stop criticizing games just because they don't have the most amazing graphics in the world. The graphics are good enough. Keep in mind this game was made to run on XBOX, so the graphics can only get so good. On the PC version, they're going to be releasing graphics patches.

Level 49
i liked TES: Oblivion & Shivering Isles quite much, althoug it had a crucial lack: unless you don't download mods, you fight the same few monsters and evils each time.

At first I wanted to agree with you...
But then I realized you mentioned Shivering Isles too.
How could you not be satisfied with THAT? There's more than enough monsters to slay, without the need for mods. :|

Not even the Plains of Oblivion offer a variety of monsters. Skyrim seems to me to be a worse Oblivion.

The Plains of Oblivion had enough monsters for such small zones. The various traps and plants inside added a lot to it, too. You don't necessarily need lots of monsters to make a good impression. Minecraft only has like... 5 monsters, and yet it's one of the most popular games available.
And how, exactly, is Skyrim a 'worse Oblivion'? If you are talking about the varieties of monsters, then I am inclined to agree, somewhat. Skyrim does lack in that department. But otherwise, I don't see your point. Elder Scrolls games are not about the combat, they're about the story-telling. That's why they're RPGs, and not hack-and-slash games.

In my oppinion, they should add it as an expansion to oblivion.

That's physically impossible. :|
Skyrim has an ENTIRELY NEW engine, asides from being overall much more technologically advanced. Hell, they couldn't put SNOW in Oblivion without the new engine, not to mention all the cool finisher moves, the new particles and effects, the blood effects, etc.

I only saw the trailer stuff from Skyrim. I liked playing oblivion on the PC.

You... Only saw the trailer?
Or you only saw creatures from the trailer?
Or... What?

And I liked playing Oblivion too. I also enjoy Skyrim, though, because it's a newer, better game. :|

Skyrim's storyline is also crudely ripped from Oblivion: the same start as a prisoner and again the assassination of the highest leader.

Okay, first of all; The whole "prisoner" thing is a "running joke" or "thing" in the Elder Scrolls series. At the very least, all games since Morrowind, as well as in "Arena", you start as a prisoner. I don't know about Daggerfall or Battlespire, though. It's probably the same thing.

And secondly - There's a huge difference between said "assassinations" of "highest leaders". First of all... Empreror Uriel Septim is the god damn EMPEROR. He's the ultimate leader. And his assassination is an actual assassination... But most importantly, his assassination is a major plot point. It's basically one of the most important events in the game. The death of High King Torygg, on the other hand... Let's see. He's NOT the 'ultimate' leader, he's only the leader of Skyrim and the Nords. His 'assassination' is NOT an assassination - It was a duel or a challenge between Ulfirc and the High King, and Ulfric won. If anything, it would be a murder, but not an assassination. And finally, it's NOT a major plot point. The important thing is that the god-damn dragons are back, and it has nothing to do with High King Torygg(as far as I know).

Plant graphics are a general issue, not only in TES. They're bad and poor in quality in most of the games. The same to say for grass and lawns.

...Then why bother bringing it up in the first place?

In Oblivion the mountains were sloppy-looking from distance, but they weren't that bad from close.

What does that have to do with Skyrim?

Skyrim seems to have more creeps than Oblivion, but as many of you said, they're graphically poor.

The graphics of Skyrim are a LOT better, and more advanced, than the graphics of Oblivion. Oblivion is a relatively old game, Skyrim is brand new. Oblivion is using an old engine, Skyrim has a brand new engine. You can't POSSIBLY compare the graphics from Oblivion to the graphics of Skyrim. :|

I'll continue playing TES: Oblivion. By adding some mods to Oblivion, it becomes realy unique, but i don't think that's fitting for Skyrim atm.

Oblivion was released years ago. It's an ancient game. The modding community had PLENTY of time to create lots of awesome mods, lots of cool projects, etc. It's basically the same thing as the WC3 modding community compared to the SC2 modding community.
Just give it time. Wait for the DLC to be released. Wait for some new tools to be created(or released). Eventually, I assure you Skyrim will be just as mod-filled as Oblivion, as far as quantities are concerned.

Either way, Skyrim is good enough without any mods. You did not finish the whole game yet, did you? Just speak up if you did, and you still believe Skyrim is as bad as you claim it is. :|

Level 13
Oblivion was released years ago. It's an ancient game. The modding community had PLENTY of time to create lots of awesome mods, lots of cool projects, etc. It's basically the same thing as the WC3 modding community compared to the SC2 modding community.
Just give it time. Wait for the DLC to be released. Wait for some new tools to be created(or released). Eventually, I assure you Skyrim will be just as mod-filled as Oblivion, as far as quantities are concerned.
I absolutly agree about mods, and btw, on "skyrimnexus" they reached over 1000 mods :) but they mostly retextures, maybe some hud upgrade.

Level 3
Well, i finished the game as a light-armored two-sword-wielding khajiit. Also, i never found anyone mention the elemental fury shout, which i used really often. Its a pretty epic shout which gives a huge attack speed boost. Also, many times when i had to cover a large distance and couldn't fast travel i used the whirlwind shout.

And about the dark brotherhood quest - did you know that you can attack the woman that offers you to join her? Then you start the "destroy the dark brootherhood" quest. After you complete it guards then sometimes say "You know, i could have been the one who went into the dark sanctuary and destroyed the dark brootherhood, but i was erh... Sick that day" or something like that. Skyrim looked epic when i started playing it, but after you kill a few dragons it starts losing its charm a bit by bit, no matter how many sidequests there would be(excluding the daedric lord quests which were really good). After that, i kept playing to finish the main quest. It was interesting, though the last boss fight was disappointing. Graphics were tolerable most of the time. But the amount of glitches and bugs was certainly impressive. I had to do the weirdest things to unbug stuff or get through it somehow. That included everything from simply hitting a bugged NPC to using a command which would let me walk through walls or using some other bug that would counter the original one. It was sort of an additional challenge :D.

Overall the game was quite fun, though not as good as what i expected.

Level 17
finally after hours of suffering I got all the daedric hearts/ebony gear/dynamo/black gems to make two sets of daedric gear (and daedric greatsword/bow)
they are only superior quality as my smithing sucks (20) and I couldn't be bothered to raise it

mine is a combo of -destr (-100% total) - conj (-26%) magic regen/magicka archery and minor one handed/resistance on shoes
hers is majorly -conj mp, some mp regen and mix of + archery/two handed
now I can start seriously playing the game, lol

Last edited:
finally after hours of suffering I got all the daedric hearts/ebony gear/dynamo/black gems to make two sets of daedric gear (and daedric greatsword/bow)
they are only superior quality as my smithing sucks (20) and I couldn't be bothered to raise it

mine is a combo of -destr (-100% total) - conj (-26%) magic regen/magicka archery and minor one handed/resistance on shoes

that armor looks like an emo tween designed it to make it look as dark and edgy as possible

ebony isn't much better

dragonbone looks terrible

why do all of the high level armor sets have to look like crap? :C

Level 22

The armor looks sexy, especially with boobs. :D

Level 11
that armor looks like an emo tween designed it to make it look as dark and edgy as possible

ebony isn't much better

dragonbone looks terrible

Actually it looks awesome in my opinion...very darky...radiating evilness all over

If you say it looks awful, how do you think it should have look like?

Level 13
Once you get the ebony armor from the Daedric quest and whenever you crouch or go into combat shadows envelop you and you're whole body turns black it's badass.

Level 17
it's disappointing yeah, even the ebony mail actually has female shaped breastplate
while female daedric looks to be just a mere skin wrap of the male armor...
pretty disappointing considering it's an endgame armor

also I was hoping for some reactions from people lol but nothing
also isn't it funny how they are able to tell your identity without difficulty ? despite you cant see anything.. while wearing the armor

Level 8
Rumors spread like wildfire, I suppose?

That would explain the fact that as soon as you shout randomly, in public, ANYWHERE(even if it's near some poor prisoner in a bandit camp, or near a damn friendly HAGRAVEN) a courier will instantly arrive and deliver you a message from some anonymous 'friend'.

for me the couriers only appeared once a guard told me to stop shouting. witch only happens in towns & villages.

dragonbone armor is ugly as shit... just because of that I switched over to light armor.

Level 17
180px-Dragonarmor.jpg

I'd like some really tight black leather armor P8 or something..
the armors are very generic IMO but I do favor the looks of daedric helmet from the side

anyways armor is overrated, I still get one-hitted in the rare cases I actually get hit

Level 22
Hmm, I just killed a dragon (which for some reason didn't give a soul, I think it's a bug), and when I got to the stone ring that teaches you a new word, I got 3 at once (all for the same shout). Is this a coincidence? Did anybody else ever learn three words at once? I'm level 39 right now and it's the first time this has happened.

Level 17
throw voice is learnt all words at once if that is the shout you obtained, also dragons actually respawn (the ones at dragon lairs) the respawned dragons no longer yield a soul if you have killed them beforehand, you probably killed him and forgot about it
or yeah it can also be a bug, wouldn't be surprised
but the above still applies

it's similar to how bandits keep respawning even on cleared zones

Level 22
All of the armors look bad ass. Impractical? Maybe, but it is a fantasy game, it's not like anything in it is practical, dragons, people who can breathe fire... Daedric in no way looks impractical to me, it's design provides for a certain intimidation factor that the others just don't provide, however the eyes being completely blacked out in a very large oval is a little cheesy, because light would shine in their anyway... In my opinion Ebony is the most bad ass looking of all, especially with a hood. Dwarven reminds me of a Roman crusader lol.

So what is the best Light Armor? seeing as I'll be playing this for EVER I'll probably get both heavy and light to 100. :D

Level 35

ebony isn't much better

dragon-bone looks terrible

Its a matter of opinion, Personally I like the deadric female armor and it feels rather bad-ass and the gloves are nice. (The ring on a deadric armor hand however looks out of place, they should have fitted them in better and more than one ring.. At least two right?). :thumbs_up:

But I do agree that the other armors are fairly ugly looking... most disappointing being the dragon-bone one, the ebony is just to "slim" looking.

Haven't actually tried dragon plate, but I am fairly certain it will look similarly stupid. :smile:

Oh and I say: Nightingale armor and some of those other skin tight armors are worse. But mostly the nightingale one.. huge disappointment as I was expecting something really really badass god like.. And it just looks like someone dressed in latex.

Level 22
throw voice is learnt all words at once if that is the shout you obtained, also dragons actually respawn (the ones at dragon lairs) the respawned dragons no longer yield a soul if you have killed them beforehand, you probably killed him and forgot about it
or yeah it can also be a bug, wouldn't be surprised
but the above still applies

it's similar to how bandits keep respawning even on cleared zones

Yeah exactly, that's the one. And I did kill a Dragon there before. I only came back because of a priest I wasn't able to beat earlier, so the 3 words were a great surprise. :p

Level 17
So what is the best Light Armor?
dragonscale armor is the best light armor
it's also rather cheap (only dragon scales,leather,iron and leather strips)
another option is glass armor which on legendary (with all perks and maxed light armor skill) provides actually more armor than dragon scale for some reason..
162 glass vs 160 dragon scale (chestpiece)
it is still possible to add more than +40 armor rating to that via enchanting+smithing potion (but that would require both alchemy and enchanting to be at 100 and have appropriate perks)

disappointing is that you can't re-enchant nightingale armor
or any already enchanted gear for that matter

also
(The ring on a deadric armor hand however looks out of place, they should have fitted them in better and more than one ring.. At least two right?)
That is a regular ring actually, equipped rings appear on the armor so you can't do much about that boo

Last edited:
Level 49
Hmm, I just killed a dragon (which for some reason didn't give a soul, I think it's a bug), and when I got to the stone ring that teaches you a new word, I got 3 at once (all for the same shout). Is this a coincidence? Did anybody else ever learn three words at once? I'm level 39 right now and it's the first time this has happened.

Indeed, at Shearpoint, where you learn Throw Voice, you encounter both a Dragon and a Dragon Priest at once(Elder Dragon in my case, but I guess it's random), you learn all 3 words at once. I've read(e.g: Someone spoiled it for me.) somewhere that you can learn some other shouts all at once, but they're main-quest related(Spoiler:
Call Dragon
).

Its a matter of opinion, Personally I like the deadric female armor and it feels rather bad-ass and the gloves are nice. (The ring on a deadric armor hand however looks out of place, they should have fitted them in better and more than one ring.. At least two right?). :thumbs_up:

Sauron! :D
Although, I guess Ebony armor would fit better for that purpose(black), or at least, a recolored Daedric.

Level 17
so *derp* turned out smithing is the most borked skill in game
buy iron ingon and leather strips from a blacksmith supplier and spam iron daggers, wait 48 hours for the blacksmith vendor to restock, rinse & repeat
got 2 levels and 100 in smithing in 15 minutes voila ! daedric legendary I mean, in case I get a whole new set, lol
do not have daedric perks just +135% smithing from enchants/potion

Last edited:
Level 49
That's true, you can do that, but you could also buy leather and leather strips and craft leather bracers. For those of us who want to maintain SOME level of roleplay - Don't use the retarded "Wait" function. Collect your damn leathers by yourself(bears and wolves and sabre cats are VERY common, assuming you don't fast travel).

I did that, and got at the very least 5 levels, and level 100 in smithing, but it took a day or two. (I just crafted leather bracers whenever I stopped in Whiterun to sell off a bunch of enchanted Ebony junk).

Level 22
Indeed, at Shearpoint, where you learn Throw Voice, you encounter both a Dragon and a Dragon Priest at once(Elder Dragon in my case, but I guess it's random), you learn all 3 words at once. I've read(e.g: Someone spoiled it for me.) somewhere that you can learn some other shouts all at once, but they're main-quest related(Spoiler:
Call Dragon
).

Alright, nice. Couldn't help but read the spoiler, but looking forward to that. :)

Oh and anyone knows what sleeping is good for, besides the well rested effect (which I'm immune for as a werewolf)? If I don't sleep for a while, people start saying I should visit the inn etc, but I still don't have any negative effects. I haven't slept in like a week, I think.

Level 15
No negative effects at all, so yeah - you are the invincible hero who can fight a month without doing as much as blinking - or at least my character never blinked xD You don't have to pee at all -> huh?, you can eat a horse to regenerate faster, maybe even two, and your armor wont burn even if you stand in dragonfire for an hour or more o_O As a real, tabletop roleplayer these small things annoy me ^^

I really love the game apart from these, but my video card cant really handle it, so I bought a new one.... Which turned out to be broken, so I had to go back with it. They should have exchanged it for a new one as I was within 3 days of sale, yet they ignored me and sent it to the factory for repairs, which is around 15 days :(

Level 17
I have slept once altogether, seeing I'm alive for months since I slept I doubt there are any negative effects of not sleeping
I don't think there is anything other into it than rested/well rested/lover's comfort bonus and useless hp/mp/stamina restore
also if you have the lover stone active you can't get rested
but I use only the steed stone so *shrug*

Level 49
Alright, nice. Couldn't help but read the spoiler, but looking forward to that. :)

Oh and anyone knows what sleeping is good for, besides the well rested effect (which I'm immune for as a werewolf)? If I don't sleep for a while, people start saying I should visit the inn etc, but I still don't have any negative effects. I haven't slept in like a week, I think.

Sleeping is good for wasting time, but not breaking your roleplay by waiting for 9 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.