• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editor seems to be a testversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys ,

A few weeks ago , I decided to bu Starcraft first WoL then HotS .
Played it , rocked it , unlocked some achievments and now its gettting time to earn some experiences with the fucking new Editor .
BUT if i want to test my Map it says : " You only own a Testversion , to play your Map , purchase a license of the Complete Game "
So I closed it , reopened and now no HotS objects spawn, 'cause i dont have HotS .
I asked Blizzard what to do , but they just sent me to the offical Forum and noone there wanted to help me .
I am here now and you guys are my last hope .

i want to create my own awesome Maps :cry:
please help me

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Start "StarCraft II - Map Editor" then go to File -> Open.. and choose Battle.net. Press the "Log In..." button and enter your account details and log in.

The editor should then unlock to the same access level as your account.

If this fails, then some setting may have become corrupt. Fully uninstall the game (make sure cache is deleted) and then reinstall it again.

If it still does not work, then something must be wrong with your game licences. Check your Battle.Net account information to see the status of your licences. If you purchased the game from Battle.Net then there might have been a problem with the transaction resulting in your licences being revoked. Additionally, if you purchased the game from Battle.Net you need to wait many days for the licences to be fully activated (this is to stop criminals abusing online transactions to get free licences to advertise with).

Level 4
I didnt purchase the license via Battle.net , have bought the whole box of HotS . I reinstalled it , but im not sure if I deleted the cache . Could you lead me a bit ,
How to delete everything of Starcraft , excepted my Savegame in HotS ^^' ?
Would be great . (Windows 7)

(Found the File , but no idea where to place it , after reinstall)

Level 3
This "bug" usually happens to me when i test a map in editor, then once ingame, i leave my map and end up on the login screen of Sc2, when i try to test my map again this error/message will appear (to be clear at that point the galaxy editor and sc2 (at login screen) are running), so its best to never exit the test map and just press TEST in editor again, at least thats my experience

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is there a limit to how many people can be in a party?
Yes, you can only have as many players as there is players in a team at any given time. So in a 14 player coop map that would be a party limit of 14. Undead Assault 3 has a party limit of 11 (or was it 12?).

Of that party, only 1 player needs to own HotS to let everyone play every HotS arcade map.

Obviously you cannot take advantage of many features such as the single player campaign and full ranked melee play. But those have no affect on Arcade.

Level 21
Yes, you can only have as many players as there is players in a team at any given time. So in a 14 player coop map that would be a party limit of 14. Undead Assault 3 has a party limit of 11 (or was it 12?).

Of that party, only 1 player needs to own HotS to let everyone play every HotS arcade map.

Obviously you cannot take advantage of many features such as the single player campaign and full ranked melee play. But those have no affect on Arcade.

Oh, so party pretty much means "The people playing a specific map at the same time".

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes, and on the same team although that is only when joining (they can change team at will once inside the map lobby).

However, only 1 player in the party needs to own HotS for everyone in the party to be able to play HotS Arcade maps.

Considering this feature, I think a lot of the negative attitude to SC2 is completely undeserved now.

Level 21
Yes, and on the same team although that is only when joining (they can change team at will once inside the map lobby).

However, only 1 player in the party needs to own HotS for everyone in the party to be able to play HotS Arcade maps.

Considering this feature, I think a lot of the negative attitude to SC2 is completely undeserved now.

That's incredibly nice from a mapper's perspective, if he hosts his maps himself. Because as I get it, there won't be any limitations to playing with someone who made the map(since he has whatever version it takes to make the map)

Status
Not open for further replies.