• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Having errors on SC2 Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys, I just recently bought a new CPU and I decided to install some games on it especially the SC2 Legacy of the Void which installed using a CD. The CD contains all the campaigns from WOL, HOTS and LOTV. However upon opening the SC2 Editor I got this errors.

SC2 Editor Errors.jpg

I stopped the downloading process because once its finished, it will turn my SC2 editor into a different language. Need help guys, what to do?

Attachments

• SC2 Editor Errors.jpg
    SC2 Editor Errors.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 286

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Log into the battlenet (blizzard) application. Select StarCraft II and hit repair. This part does not require any active StarCraft II licence. Warning, this might involve moving some large amount of data depending on if the game is patched or if any files need repair.

Using the StarCraft II editor requires an active StarCraft II licence. Make sure one is attached to your BattleNet (Blizzard) account. In theory only 1 of the core game liscences (WoL, HotS or LotV) is needed to use the editor but I am not sure. The licence key should come with any physical disc version of the game.

Start the editor. I recommend from the BattleNet (Blizzard) application as that should hopefully auto authenticate you. Otherwise login to your BattleNet (Blizzard) account when prompted inside the editor. If the locale is wrong go to preferences and select your desired locale. This can be tricky for obvious reasons but preferences is somewhere under file which is always the far left pulldown menu. An editor restart may be required. It may also be required that you start StarCraft II and select your locale there. Do be warned that changing locales may require the game to go and download the new locale files which can be some large amount of data. Finally start the editor after all/any downloading is complete and it should work.

Level 13
Yow Doc., here's what I've done so far.

I somehow can't log in to battle net through the SC2 Editor.

When I log in.jpg

Is this the Battle net application?

Is this the Blizzard App.jpg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is this the Battle net application?
Yes and it looks like you have 22 GB of data still to download. At the shown download rate, which I hope is random noise rather than serious, it would take 236 days of continuous downloading to complete.

Do note that old versions of StarCraft II did not come with the BattleNet application. If installing the BattleNet application separately you might need to show it where StarCraft II is installed under preferences, if it fails to auto detect the installation. It should be able to reuse some of the data from an existing install greatly reducing the amount that has to be downloaded. Be aware that recent content patches do total well over a gigabyte since the release of LotV, due to the addition of several coop commanders and the Nova campaign.

It might also be saying you have so much left to download because it just has not got to the stage of detecting what has already been downloaded. Some times BattleNet application can jump several megabytes or even hundreds of megabytes very quickly if it discovers the data already exists.

Until the application is content that there are no outstanding updates and the game is fully installed the editor might not start or be useable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.