• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editing an other users resource...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering, cause I couldn't find any rules about it. Are you allowed to edit on an other users resources, if you give credit and if he/she hasn't said anything else? Cause the creator of the skin I am thinking of has been inactive for a while and there is no way to contact him...

So how is it working? I will just change the haircolor and some really minor things in the face... So it will still be recognizeable...

Level 11
Wow, this is the thing about the Hive that I haven't been able to get. The things you make and post online, aren't yours anymore, anyone can take them, manipulate them, and you have no legal rights over them at all. Is that skin patented? NO. So you can take it and edit it and see, if you edit it, its your own original work now right? Your own version? Also no one really asked blizzerd if we could edit their skins/models or anything. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.