• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Broken model in resource section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have recently downloaded the 'Bronze Dragon helm' model from the model resource section. And it always causes a crash when it's used in the editor. Possibly this model doesn't work since patch 1.30? But other models from the creator work properly in the editor. Or is possibly the portrait model also required for this model? Here is the link for the model:
BronzeDragonHelmet

Level 28
Did you import the portrait model too? It doesn't work in any map, it always causes an error when i select it as doodad in the editor.
Yes, I imported both the model and the portrait but as a unit. However, since you're using it as a doodad then that's likely why it crashes. I've just re-tested it as a doodad this time and It crashed for me as well. I don't know why that's happening but as a suggestion, since this a doodad, you could leave it as a unit and then give it the Locust ability so that it can't be selected in-game?

Level 7
Yes, I imported both the model and the portrait but as a unit. However, since you're using it as a doodad then that's likely why it crashes. I've just re-tested it as a doodad this time and It crashed for me as well. I don't know why that's happening but as a suggestion, since this a doodad, you could leave it as a unit and then give it the Locust ability so that it can't be selected in-game?

That's a good solution, thanks! I will use the model like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.