• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PROBLEM with imported model...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i imported a model from the resource section and when i came to the moment to test if the model works, it doesn't work properly.

It could be for a number of reasons. Make sure you imported the textures under the correct path.

You should post a link to the model in question. Sometimes the model itself may have a problem (very rare though).

Otherwise, it can't hurt to follow a tutorial on it.

Level 4
It could be for a number of reasons. Make sure you imported the textures under the correct path.

You should post a link to the model in question. Sometimes the model itself may have a problem (very rare though).

Otherwise, it can't hurt to follow a tutorial on it.

the model that i'm using is CloudWolf's D3 wizard.

Also, define what do you mean by not working properly

it show's the Sentinel or watcher model i think, instead of the D3 Wizard and i set all the paths correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 30
Hmmm, for me it works . I do not know why not for you but even if it works. I think it has a problem with the hero glow not following the model which bugs.

Here is a test map containing the model to show you a proof it is working. Make sure your paths were correct though.

If it still does not work, then your mpq files has the problem.

Attachments

• Test - Wizard Model.w3m
    122.6 KB · Views: 39
Level 4
Hmmm, for me it works . I do not know why not for you but even if it works. I think it has a problem with the hero glow not following the model which bugs.

Here is a test map containing the model to show you a proof it is working. Make sure your paths were correct though.

If it still does not work, then your mpq files has the problem.

still doesn't work.

I think his textures only run when on Higher settings... A lot of things here doesn't run on low settings anyways

Also, in case of custom textures, normally you'd have to do this

1) Import model
2) Import custom textures, set to right path
3) Hit save

It is important to save only after everything is done, else it can cause problems like the editor/game not loading the correct files etc.

Level 4
I think his textures only run when on Higher settings... A lot of things here doesn't run on low settings anyways

Also, in case of custom textures, normally you'd have to do this

1) Import model
2) Import custom textures, set to right path
3) Hit save

It is important to save only after everything is done, else it can cause problems like the editor/game not loading the correct files etc.

i did all the necessary actions that needs to be done and also set the settings to high but nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.