• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Echo Stomp Dota Tauren Chieften (Reworked)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Echo Stomp from Dota 6.60 Tauren Chieften .It had problem with the animation before, so i repaired it and before i didn't do the spell right. Now it works very good but if there are leaks please reply. Thanks to WILL THE ALMIGHTY for the Stomp Model, and CRAZYRUSSIAN for the Echo Stomp Icon.

Keywords:
Tauren, Stomp, dota, spirit, channel, delay, stun, dummy.
Contents

Echo Stomp (Map)

Reviews
10:25 14th Nov 2015 BPower: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years. 18:52, 8th Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: Not MUI/MPI.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

10:25 14th Nov 2015
BPower: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years.

18:52, 8th Dec 2009
TriggerHappy:
Not MUI/MPI.

Level 6
First of all, I find this well made for your first spell, second of all, there's some leaks, and that's all. Oh yeah, third of all, you use Waits, it's not good because it may bug if 2 people cast it in same time :p

Put variables for the location: like this

• Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Echo Stomp
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Loc = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of Caster) at Loc facing (Facing of Caster) degrees
      • Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
      • Animation - Change Dummy's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 30.00% transparency
      • Animation - Change Dummy's animation speed to 70.00% of its original speed
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Dummy Unit) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Echo Stomp Dummy for (Picked unit) to (Level of Echo Stomp for Caster)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)
      • Trigger - Turn on Stomp <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Cancel <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Finish <gen>
But just so you know, even my fix isn't good because it's not MUI which means Multi-Use instance which mean that many people can use this spell at any moment, even in same time whithout causing bugs, lags...

Your waits can be replaced by a loop system with a variable.

If you don't understand, try to open these spellpacks and the shockwave made by pro spell makers and try to understand.

Paladon's Shockwave + knockback: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/advanced-shockwave-paladon-documentation-110588/?prev=d%3Dlist%26r%3D20%26u%3Dpaladon

Rmx Learn GUI MUI guide: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/learn-gui-mui-guide-v1-1-rmx-132818/

Whoa!! Anyway, nice effects, 5/5, bad triggering 2/5
GL HF

Level 17
Well, I must say, IceFrog did an amazing "synergetic" job with this hero :p

But here are some issues:

#1 since this was done by IceFrog, then there would be definitely some advanced scripters trying to imitate this spell, making yours not useful. I don't mean because it's GUI, nope GUI if done really well could be beneficial, but yours isn't that efficient - no offense.

#2 I know the Imports are essential, but they could be replaced by others made originally by Blizzard. Use Blizzard's and post the links to the ones originally in DotA so that you won't be breaking any rules.

Well I could point some of the issues to be fixed here, but in my opinion, it needs to be re-done.

Pretty good for first spell, so keep it up. Practice and learn some more and come back to update.

You could read some tutorial, but I'd advice taking a look at some spells done by baassee, his spells have more comments on how to trigger GUI spells than they have actions themselves.

@ gunggang777:
No offense, but leak checks are stupid :p

Level 6
Well, I must say, IceFrog did an amazing "synergetic" job with this hero :p

But here are some issues:

#1 since this was done by IceFrog, then there would be definitely some advanced scripters trying to imitate this spell, making yours not useful. I don't mean because it's GUI, nope GUI if done really well could be beneficial, but yours isn't that efficient - no offense.

#2 I know the Imports are essential, but they could be replaced by others made originally by Blizzard. Use Blizzard's and post the links to the ones originally in DotA so that you won't be breaking any rules.

Well I could point some of the issues to be fixed here, but in my opinion, it needs to be re-done.

Pretty good for first spell, so keep it up. Practice and learn some more and come back to update.

You could read some tutorial, but I'd advice taking a look at some spells done by baassee, his spells have more comments on how to trigger GUI spells than they have actions themselves.

@ gunggang777:
No offense, but leak checks are stupid :p

why stupid?

i use leak check :nw:

but now i don't use it again :cool:

because i now understand the definitions

Level 11
I just want to tell, that this spell doesn't even emitate the DotA's one. The taurens aren't animated synchronically. Also I think that without the first ability (Can't remember the name) - this is just useless. As Msaeed has already said, the spell is based on a Synergy with the first one.

Also I dislike too many triggers. =\

Well, since I don't really know how does this spell works in DotA (actually, I haven't played DotA since v6.59, don't ask), I will limit myself to check the triggering.

For your first spell, it's well done. At least it works every time you cast it. There's some things you need to work, like finding and removing leaks and the unnecesary amount of triggers, but you can learn easily with the tutorials and checking other's work.
And if you still can't make it MUI, you can make the spell MPI (Multiple Player Instanceable). Easier, but more limited.

Level 17

Deuterium's Brief Review:

1. Neither MUI nor MPI.

2. Uses Waits inefficiently; avoid using Waits.

3. Leaks points:
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of Caster) at (Position of Caster) facing (Facing of Caster) degrees

4. You're using bj_wantDestroyGroup randomly:
  • Actions
    • Wait 0.50 seconds
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit - Remove Dummy from the game
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

5. Coding all in all is innefficient.

Coding all in all is sort of inefficient and needs to be reworked. Although it's not your original idea, it could be useful to other users. However, be sure to mention that IceFrog should be accredited if this spell is used.

Work on improving fixing your coding and improving it.

I'd advice you to take a look a the Essentials Tutorial which should help you with improving your triggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.