• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

East Vs. West

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

East vs. West

Terrain:

I based the terrain on this map off the Blizzard map "Slalom" (8). I switched the tileset to Lordaeron Summer (and switched Northrend doodads to Lordaeron ones).

EastvsWestGIF.jpg

Game:

Players 1,2,3,4 and 10 are the West Kingdom.
Player 1 (Red) starts with two melee bases, with one town hall-type structure and 5 workers each. They share full control of their units with players 2,3, and 4.

Players 2,3, and 4 all start with a 4000-HP power generator which provides them 5 food. They select a hero from one of three taverns (normal tavern, human/orc tavern, night elf/undead tavern) and proceed to go about the game controlling only one hero. These players also have full control of Player 1's units and structures.

Player 10 is a computer-controlled melee AI player.

Players 5,6,7,8 and 12 are the East Kingdom.
Player 5 (Yellow) starts with two melee bases, with one town hall-type structure and 5 workers each. They share full control of their units with players 6,7, and 8.

Players 6,7, and 8 all start with a 4000-HP power generator which provides them 5 food. They select a hero from one of three taverns (normal tavern, human/orc tavern, night elf/undead tavern) and proceed to go about the game controlling only one hero. These players also have full control of Player 5's units and structures.

Player 12 is a computer-controlled melee AI player.

There is also a third team, the "Hostiles". Players 9 and 11 are on this team. They start in the center of the map, and are hostile to both the East and the West. Player 9 is the Naga, 11 is the Draenei. These are both computer-controlled enemies.

Credits:

-Blizzard Entertainment, for creating Warcraft III and the map Slalom (8) which was the base terrain for this map.
-Myself (StefanH2068)

Keywords:
Hero, Slalom, Naga, Draenei, East, West, vs.
Contents

East Vs. West (Map)

Reviews
10:15, 26th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 4
Terrain is unacceptable, sorry.

I guess I accept the rejected status just because of the shorter amount of time it took me to make the game, but I don't quite understand the terrain reasoning for rejection.

I gave credit and did some edits. There are many maps on Hive that use Blizzard terrain in such a way.

Nevertheless, I accept the rejection. I work on my other maps anyway.