• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wild West Riflemen

Reactions: StoPCampinGn00b
193383-albums6800-picture74601.jpg

Created By: Exectuter@USEast
Minimum Players: 2+

An old western gunslinger tournament between gunslingers. The first one to fire their rifle will win the watch, and the last one standing will decide the victor.

Instructions:
*Note: This is a keyboard oriented game
Wait for the countdown timer of the old coot in the center to drop to 0, when he reaches 0 he will issue an arrow key to press, the first one to press the key will fire. Pressing the wrong key will result in a backfire stun.

Keywords:
Tournament, Shooting
Contents

Wild West Riflemen (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet18:41, 16th Nov 2013700 Wild West Riflemen (Tested Version Last Updated: 30th Sep 2013) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet18:41, 16th Nov 2013

194715-albums6441-picture75028.png

Wild West Riflemen (Tested Version Last Updated: 30th Sep 2013)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The game's performance is really fun and enjoyable with a company of friends, reminds me of a Russian Roulette on WC3's mechanics, although I may ask to want happens when two players won't shoot to each other? well the obvious answer is that they will just ruin the game, I suggest you give the rounds some duration before both of them gets killed, say 10 seconds? that would be great."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"There's no much going on the Terrain, although this is only been viewed by a steady region this can be considered."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall map can be useful, it would be great if you can give a quest menu indicating how to play, updates, credits and more."

Total Score: (Gameplay[x/5] + Terrain[x/5] + Management[x/5] / Total Score[15] * 50 + 50)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
8/1577%C

Level 32
Wild West Riflemen

An intense dueling keyboard minigame created by exectuter

Gameplay: 9/10
Terrain/Layout: 5/10
Environment/Map feel: 8/10
Balance: 8/10
Mistakes/Creeps: 8/10
Presentation: 2/5

32/55

Gameplay: Ever heard the term "Ooh, KILL EM?" Well that's how this game works. You don't move at all, it's an elimination who can kill each other the fastest in one round. Two players face off, almost face to face, and you receive orders what arrow on your keyboard to use to shoot em in the face. I like how if you press the wrong key, you are stunned.

Now, we won't know if this is reliable and we really know who shoots first, but you make this work and the fun factor is at it's highest. It's great how the countdown and reflex skills combined make this map very intense. I find my self laughing at half of my duels.

Terrain: Well, it could look better even with a map angle like this. Add some raised ground in the backround. Ofcourse, you can always mix more tiles anywhere in the view of the map.

Environment/Map Feel Smashing boats in the backround, somewhat silly music, and the desert feel makes the map feel like a fun party. I wish there would be more doodads in the backround. I suggest you put old western houses, wheelbarrows, a dead rifleman, rocks, desert colored shrubs, anything.

Balance: It's a 1v1 faceoff, what can I say? Although, some people do get to shoot more than others, I find that unfair.

Mistakes/Creep Camps: There is a slight chance that you may lag at the countdown of firing.

Presentation: Well, it isn't a great looking description, maybe use a map description generator or BBcodes both located in map submissions rules. Though quests and an icon would make the map better. Please fix the map specifications, map author, put category mini-game (along side with FPS if you want), and change suggested players to 2+
EDIT: Please hide screenshots, BBCode list in map submission rules.

3/5 average score, voting for Approval*
*If you fix the description and map author

Last notes: Great fun map overall. Please note that my average score is not based fully on points out of 55. Also, can anyone tell me if it is annoying that I cross out text?
Here are the rules when submitting maps Map Submission Rules
Here are the rules when submitting anything General Resource Rules
+rep to my friend exectuter

Updated Review By SCN

Last edited:
Level 1
Well I'm biased here (being exec's friend) but I enjoy this map. Been meaning to register and this is as good of a reason as any! This is a fun map, simple yet enjoyable.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the map had to be formatted a certain way for the terrain and changing it would involve a lot of work. Correct me if I'm wrong! Anyway, play this map if you like fun games that don't take themselves too seriously.