• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wild Land

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Punk6r
Map Description :

A 12 players funny melee map. In this map you can make your proper army of creeps ! Kill the centaurs and they will drop items to have your own centaurs. Kill the kobolds in their mines and they will drop the gold they have collected. Then attack the big campement in the middle and use the gold you have picked on the kobolds to make your army of ogres, trolls and red dragons and then fight in the vast plains ! And you can use the cliffs and the narrow paths to create defenses for your expansion ! The starting positions are not always optimal for 3v3v3v3.

Features :
  • 12 players
  • 26 gold mines (15 000 gold for starting gold mines / 20 000 - 50 000 gold for other gold mines)
  • 2 taverns
  • 2 goblin merchants
  • 3 goblin laboratories
  • 2 marketplaces
  • 2 fountains of health
  • 16 mercenary camps
  • 2 red dragon roosts
  • 34 green camps
  • 16 orange camps
  • 16-28 red camps
Contents

Wild Land (Map)

Reviews
18:19, 18th Feb 2016 Remixer: Firstly: you need to fix the item drops in your maps. Check tutorials of how to select correct item drops for a melee map. This map is not really a melee it'd say it's closer to an altered melee (players end up having...

M

18:19, 18th Feb 2016
Remixer:

Firstly: you need to fix the item drops in your maps. Check tutorials of how to select correct item drops for a melee map. This map is not really a melee it'd say it's closer to an altered melee (players end up having an army of centaurs).

The pathing is a problem once again: the only pathways away from the bases are very narrow, widen them a little and fix the item drops all around the map.

Also, you need to realize that the neutral buildings are not worth everything. See how efficient they actually are, they are not as important as you think. No one will bother to go the middle area (except computers that do not realize how the mechanics of this kind of maps work). Sure it's fun slaughter but it does not work as intended. So, for that reason you need to change the middle area - entirely. Having that many mercenary camps is pointless in any way.

I'd find it more interesting and unique and even working if you changed the center area into a centaur base as well at which you could capture some centaurs (or maybe they could be prisoners you must free) so you could actually build as a centaur.

Do you know how object editors and trigger editors work? If you don't I'd suggest you to read a few tutorials about them. That would really grant your maps a lot of potential and more functionality, I see you have a passion and a lot of pretty unique ideas, I like that. Your execution is pretty lacking however.

You might also want to decorate the plains area a bit more, and move the creeps from there (or at least place them neatly).

I won't reject this map but instead set it to awaiting update for I think you might return to it. If no changes are made I will reject it.

I like that you area unique and you try to create pretty neat things (like the wall around the ogre camp). However you need to polish your skills, knowing object editor and manipulating objects is really helpful in this matter and I strongly suggest getting to know it. Good luck in future.