Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.Dismiss Notice
Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.Dismiss Notice
DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.Dismiss Notice
Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!Dismiss Notice
Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!Dismiss Notice
Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!Dismiss Notice
Check out the Staff job openings thread.Dismiss Notice
Dwarven Monster Slayers
Submitted by MoCo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
LATEST VERSION v1.04f [ Version Info & Changelog | News | Suggestions & Ideas | Bug Reports ]
The five greatest heroes of the ancient dwarven kingdom of Berethil are returning from a long journey. When they finally arrive in the halls of their forefathers, they find their people murdered and dead. At least one thing is for sure: someone's gonna pay!
THE DWARVEN MONSTER SLAYERS is a fast paced 1-5 player coop survival RPG slasher game.
The game features tactical teamplay, a massive load of monsters, a detailed and atmospheric dungeon scenario, a considerably amount of gore, and for the best: DWARVES!
In this map, you need to work as a team to defend the halls of your forefathers and yourselfs against various waves of monsters like undead cave trolls, savage werefuls and mighty demons form hell itself. The monsters are spawned from portals, appearing at random locations so you may need to strategically re-adjust your battle tactics to acquire a good defense position. During the game progress, new areas in the dungeon are unlocked for your team to explore. The game is divided into 3 chapters, each having an individual theme and each finished with challenging boss encounters. Moreover, there is a little storyline that is told in some cut scenes. The heroes are carefully designed, each with its own strengths and weaknesses, each different to play. The damage and item system is very similiar to Aeon of War, which enables a flawless level scaling as the power of spells/abilities infinitely scales with the heroes attributes. Alongside the battles, there are many little things and secrets to discover. There are also tons of different items and a save/load system enables you to save and improve your equipment for later game sessions. With higher levels, you will be able to face higher difficulties, rewarding you with better loot and new enemiews. The look and feel of this map is characterized by a careful choice of high quality custom art from the wc3 community.
You find all information related to this game and dedicated discussion boards here: HOSTED PROJECT PAGE
Discord channel - find nice people to play with here: Join the IOM & DMS Discord Server!
Note that this game is also being developed as a standalone indie game.
- Playable with 1 to 5 players
- 5 carefully designed, unique dwarven heroes with amazing new spells and abilities
- 5 difficulty modes (featuring unique loot and monsters on higher difficulties)
- A total of 9 waves (divided upon 3 chapters with individual themes and monster sets)
- Challenging boss encounters and many rare mini-bosses
- More than 300 items
- More than 20 new, characteristic monsters (incl. new art & abilities)
- Call of Cthulhu wave (a tribute wave to H.P. Lovecraft)
- Save/load system allowing you to save your hero for later games
- A little story that is told in some cut scenes
- A significant focus on teamwork
- An atmoshperic and detailed dungeon scenario and overall careful art design
- Gore system (i.e. monsters killed with crits usually explode in spectacular bloody animations)
- The power of spells/abilities immediately scales with the heroe's attributes (which enables a smooth balancing and proper scaling)
- Focus on replayability value (due to many randomizations, persistent character improvement, etc.)
- Achievements and high score system
- A smart difficulty system that also considers the number of playing heroes
- A massive load of high quality custom content from the wc3 community
- Fully written in vjass
ADDITIONAL MAP INFORMATION
Have fun playing and don't forget to rate and report some feedback
Dwarf, Dwarves, hero, survival, RPG, coop, horror, slayer, slasher, gore, monster, zombie, dungeon, crawler, rogue, team, tactic, moco
Page 1 of 8
Page 1 of 8