Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.Dismiss Notice
- Dismiss Notice
Join in on Icon Contest #17 and show your interpretation of a legendary equipment set!Dismiss Notice
- Dismiss Notice
Texturing Contest #28 has come to an end; vote for your favorite swamp dweller here! You can vote up to 3 entries.Dismiss Notice
The Maxwell vs PrinceYaser Icon Challenge has come to a finish. See the results here!Dismiss Notice
We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!Dismiss Notice
Music Contest #10 Retro is out! Join us for some retro/vintage fun!Dismiss Notice
Don't be stagnant - embrace change! The time has come to evolve and join the Techtree Contest #12 - Evolution.Dismiss Notice
On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. RalleDismiss Notice
Dwarven Monster Slayers
Submitted by MoCo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
LATEST VERSION v1.01 [ Version Info & Changelog | News | Suggestions & Ideas | Bug Reports ]
The five greatest heroes of the ancient dwarven kingdom of Berethil are returning from a long journey. When they finally arrive in the halls of their forefathers, they find their people murdered and dead. At least one thing is for sure: someone's gonna pay!
THE DWARVEN MONSTER SLAYERS is a fast paced 1-5 player coop survival RPG slasher game.
The game features tactical teamplay, a massive load of monsters, a detailed and atmospheric dungeon scenario, a considerably amount of gore, and for the best: DWARVES!
In this map, you need to work as a team to defend the halls of your forefathers and yourselfs against various waves of monsters like undead cave trolls, savage werefuls and mighty demons form hell itself. The monsters are spawned from portals, appearing at random locations so you may need to strategically re-adjust your battle tactics to acquire a good defense position. During the game progress, new areas in the dungeon are unlocked for your team to explore. The game is divided into 3 chapters, each having an individual theme and each finished with challenging boss encounters. Moreover, there is a little storyline that is told in some cut scenes. The heroes are carefully designed, each with its own strengths and weaknesses, each different to play. The damage and item system is very similiar to Aeon of War, which enables a flawless level scaling as the power of spells/abilities infinitely scales with the heroes attributes. Alongside the battles, there are many little things and secrets to discover. There are also tons of different items and a save/load system enables you to save and improve your equipment for later game sessions. With higher levels, you will be able to face higher difficulties, rewarding you with better loot and new enemiews. The look and feel of this map is characterized by a careful choice of high quality custom art from the wc3 community.
You find all information related to this game and dedicated discussion boards here: HOSTED PROJECT PAGE
Discord channels - find nice people to play with here:
Community discord channel
Old discord channel
Note that this game is also being developed as a standalone indie game.
- Playable with 1 to 5 players
- 5 carefully designed, unique dwarven heroes with amazing new spells and abilities
- 5 difficulty modes (featuring unique loot and monsters on higher difficulties)
- A total of 9 waves (divided upon 3 chapters with individual themes and monster sets)
- Challenging boss encounters and many rare mini-bosses
- More than 300 items
- More than 20 new, characteristic monsters (incl. new art & abilities)
- Call of Cthulhu wave (a tribute wave to H.P. Lovecraft)
- Save/load system allowing you to save your hero for later games
- A little story that is told in some cut scenes
- A significant focus on teamwork
- An atmoshperic and detailed dungeon scenario and overall careful art design
- Gore system (i.e. monsters killed with crits usually explode in spectacular bloody animations)
- The power of spells/abilities immediately scales with the heroe's attributes (which enables a smooth balancing and proper scaling)
- Focus on replayability value (due to many randomizations, persistent character improvement, etc.)
- Achievements and high score system
- A smart difficulty system that also considers the number of playing heroes
- A massive load of high quality custom content from the wc3 community
- Fully written in vjass
ADDITIONAL MAP INFORMATION
Have fun playing and don't forget to rate and report some feedback
Dwarf, Dwarves, hero, survival, RPG, coop, horror, slayer, slasher, gore, monster, zombie, dungeon, crawler, rogue, team, tactic, moco
Page 1 of 8
Page 1 of 8