• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarven Monster Slayers - Indie Game Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13

Dwarven Monster Slayers
Indie Game Update
full

Hey everyone, we wanted to give you a quick update on our indie game project Dwarven Monster Slayers.

Some of you might know, that this project originally started as a Warcraft III custom map with the same name, as a hosted project on Hiveworkshop.

Basically, Dwarven Monster Slayers is a coop 1-5 player multiplayer game that blends old school role-playing gameplay with survival and stealth mechanics. The game features tactical and team-based combat, exploration of a huge immersive underground world, a comprehensive background story, character development, loot hunting, sandbox-elements and much more. All together, the game aims at creating a fluid gameplay that feels fresh and familiar at the same time.

Last week, we have attended the Quo Vadis 2017 game developers conference in Berlin. On this conference, we have presented an early prototype of our game to a public audience for the first time. We really had a great time, met very nice people, received a lot of feedback and had a lot of inspiring conversations. BTW, we have just released the game's intro cinematic for public - you can check it out below:

Maybe you are a developer yourself? We are always looking for talented freelancing 3D artists and level designers.

If we have catched your interest, you will find more information about the game on the dedicated website.
If you want, you can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

As it regards our next steps, we want to make our project known to a bigger audience so that more people even know that this project exists.

We are thankful for any kind of feedback and support.

Cheers,
Moritz

Level 7
Seems graphically leaning towards hand of fate which is by no means a problem
hoping you'll find those that will skyrocket the development speed (and quality as well) of your game

Level 13
Hey, glad to see that you guys like it.

As Chaosy has mentioned, we are currently working on this project with 2 people, next to normal fulltime jobs; myself (programming, leveldesign) and a friend of mine (storywriting).
Basically, that's why it takes time to make progress. However, if we can manage to get some additional people onto the project in future, we might be able to speed things up.

Last edited:
Level 9
I remember when you guys first share the project on HIVE.. I was so impressed and i am more now with that cinematic ^^
Maan, that'd be sooo cool to work with you guys. Will you always be looking for 3D Artists? Cause i might get myself a setup to begin modeling again (hopefully soon).
Thumbs up and up for the project! Great job Guys!

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Are you using Cryengine for the graphics? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.