• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarven Monster Slayers

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

LATEST VERSION v1.04f [ Version Info & Changelog | News | Suggestions & Ideas | Bug Reports ]

The five greatest heroes of the ancient dwarven kingdom of Berethil are returning from a long journey. When they finally arrive in the halls of their forefathers, they find their people murdered and dead. At least one thing is for sure: someone's gonna pay!

THE DWARVEN MONSTER SLAYERS is a fast paced 1-5 player coop survival RPG slasher game.
The game features tactical teamplay, a massive load of monsters, a detailed and atmospheric dungeon scenario, a considerably amount of gore, and for the best: DWARVES!

In this map, you need to work as a team to defend the halls of your forefathers and yourselfs against various waves of monsters like undead cave trolls, savage werefuls and mighty demons form hell itself. The monsters are spawned from portals, appearing at random locations so you may need to strategically re-adjust your battle tactics to acquire a good defense position. During the game progress, new areas in the dungeon are unlocked for your team to explore. The game is divided into 3 chapters, each having an individual theme and each finished with challenging boss encounters. Moreover, there is a little storyline that is told in some cut scenes. The heroes are carefully designed, each with its own strengths and weaknesses, each different to play. The damage and item system is very similiar to Aeon of War, which enables a flawless level scaling as the power of spells/abilities infinitely scales with the heroes attributes. Alongside the battles, there are many little things and secrets to discover. There are also tons of different items and a save/load system enables you to save and improve your equipment for later game sessions. With higher levels, you will be able to face higher difficulties, rewarding you with better loot and new enemiews. The look and feel of this map is characterized by a careful choice of high quality custom art from the wc3 community.

You find all information related to this game and dedicated discussion boards here: HOSTED PROJECT PAGE

Discord channel - find nice people to play with here: Join the IOM & DMS Discord Server!

Note that this game is also being developed as a standalone indie game.

VIDEO TEASER

FEATURES OVERVIEW
  • Playable with 1 to 5 players
  • 5 carefully designed, unique dwarven heroes with amazing new spells and abilities
  • 5 difficulty modes (featuring unique loot and monsters on higher difficulties)
  • A total of 9 waves (divided upon 3 chapters with individual themes and monster sets)
  • Challenging boss encounters and many rare mini-bosses
  • More than 300 items
  • More than 20 new, characteristic monsters (incl. new art & abilities)
  • Call of Cthulhu wave (a tribute wave to H.P. Lovecraft)
  • Save/load system allowing you to save your hero for later games
  • A little story that is told in some cut scenes
  • A significant focus on teamwork
  • An atmoshperic and detailed dungeon scenario and overall careful art design
  • Gore system (i.e. monsters killed with crits usually explode in spectacular bloody animations)
  • The power of spells/abilities immediately scales with the heroe's attributes (which enables a smooth balancing and proper scaling)
  • Focus on replayability value (due to many randomizations, persistent character improvement, etc.)
  • Achievements and high score system
  • A smart difficulty system that also considers the number of playing heroes
  • A massive load of high quality custom content from the wc3 community
  • Fully written in vjass

THE HEROES

This map features 5 dwarven heroes: Thordal the Champion, Borgo the Battlepriest, Gotrek the Slayer, Alrik the Engineer and Falgrim the Hunter.

PortraitCharacter Profile
119593-albums5596-picture67389.jpg
Thordal is the leader of the group. He is a brave warrior who uses the ancient powers of his forefathers to smash his foes and to protect his friends. Since he is the toughest one of the five dwarves, it comes handy that his offensive abilities also draw monster aggro. His protective spells allow him to survive even if the priest is currently off duty. Though he might not be the fastest dwarf on earth, Thordal is just as solid as a rock.

Pros:
- High health & armor
- Great survival & tanking capabilties

Cons:
- Low flexibility
- Slow movement
119593-albums5596-picture67390.jpg
Borgo is a guy of inestimable value. Being a priest, he is equipped with potent healing spells and he is able to resurrect dead teammates. Moreover, being a Battlepriest, he is even able to deal some serious damage and to cast the most powerful AoE spell in the game. His amazing array of spells makes Borgo a perfect supporter in any situations. It never felt so good to be a healer.

Pros:
- Great healing capabilities
- Massive emergency AoE

Cons:
- Very vulnerable
119593-albums5596-picture67394.jpg
Gotrek is a battle fanatic. Most of the time he is up to hack & slay stuff which is fine because he's the best in what he does (forget about Wolverine). He cuts through enemy mobs like warm butter and is the best hero in the game when it comes to raw dps. Gotrek ist fast and he can easily jump in and out of combat, shining at AoE monster smashing. However, since he is a melee warrior and not as tough as Thordal, he is also comparatively vulnerable and needs to take some care when facing very big enemies on his own. Fortunately, his superior combat agility helps him to survive in battle and he can take care of his own wounds using rune-blessed bandages. So, if the going get's rough, it's certainly good to have a Slayer on berserk around.

Pros:
- High DPS
- Very fast

Cons:
- Comparetively vulnerable (melee)
- Poor CC capabilties
119593-albums5596-picture67392.jpg
Alrik is the mastermind and tinkerer of the group and he is a real allrounder. He is able to craft different technical gimmicks, including sentry guns, a walking bomb and the mighty darksteel golem. The golem makes up a decent tank and with all of his gadgets, Alrik can cause a considerable amount of damage. On the downside, his turrets are quite fragile and stationary so he is not too flexible when fast movement is required. Fortunately, besides his gimmicks, Alrik is able to overload his electrical weapon resulting in an AoE exposion which does not only zap nearby enemies but also reanimates dead teammates via electric shock therapy. A real nice to have, especially when the rest of the group is down. Fair enough, he uses his energy shield to stay alive so the healers do not have to care too much about him. Last but not least, he can cast a powerful stasis field to imprison the most dangerous enemies when things run out of control.

Pros:
- Good allrounder
- Good CC
- AoE resurrection

Cons:
- Low focus DPS
119593-albums5596-picture67393.jpg
Falgrim is a truely exceptional dwarf. Being raised by elves, he has a strong affiliation to nature which actually is kinda rare for his kind. Due to his special origins, however, he has brought the arts of marksmanship to perfection. Moreover, he is able to summon four mighty pets to his assistance: Smokey the bear (tank), Fang the wolf (damage), Deadeye the falcon (ranged support) and Terios the elk (healing supporter). While AoE damage is not his best discipline, Falgrim is fast, has an unrivaled attack range and deals exceptional focus damage allowing him to quickly take out dangerous foes from a distance. Moreover, he is able to set up traps and magic seals which slow down approaching enemies making him an excellent choice for hit & run tactics.

Pros:
- High focus DPS
- Good CC
- Flexibility due to 4 different pets

Cons:
- Low AoE DPS

SCREENSHOTS

119593-albums5596-picture93179.jpg

119593-albums5596-picture93182.jpg

119593-albums5596-picture93181.jpg

119593-albums5596-picture93180.jpg

119593-albums5596-picture93178.jpg

119593-albums5596-picture93177.jpg

119593-albums5596-picture93176.jpg

119593-albums5596-picture93175.jpg

119593-albums5596-picture93174.jpg

119593-albums5596-picture93173.jpg

119593-albums5596-picture93172.jpg

119593-albums5596-picture93171.jpg

119593-albums5596-picture93170.jpg

ADDITIONAL MAP INFORMATION

THE MONSTER AND WAVE SYSTEM

The respective arrangement of monsters is generated randomly and monsters have different chances of spawning in particular waves. Usually, the higher the wave, the higher the chance that more dangerous monsters will spawn. This system has been inspired by the game Killing Floor that uses similiar mechanics to create different playing experiences from game to game. In addition, there are some rare minibosses which may or may not appear during a game. To provide a comfortable playing experience, dead heroes are automatically revived at the end of each wave so you won't run in situations of being unable to beat the game after one hero has died. When your team runs into a complete whipe, the game is automatically restarted at the beginning of the current wave while resetting XP and giving a score penalty.

SPOTLIGHT ON ITEMS

The game features a massive pool of items and a save/load system so that you can save your hero and equipment. There is an item class system allowing you to equip exactly one item of each class (like one weaopn, armor, one pair of gloves, etc.). A bag system extends your item capacity to 12 slots. Some weapons have different pros and cons, allowing to specialize your hero in a certain direction. The quality of loot depends on the game difficulty. So, with higher hero levels, you will be ready to face bigger challenges and better rewards. Finally, if everything else fails, it's good to know that you can always buy a pack of dynamite from your trusted nether merchant to blow your foes to pieces.

The full item list can be found on the following link. But be warned that it may spoil your game experience to look up all items upfront. Item Table

DIFFICULTY MODIFIERS

DifficultyEasyNormalHardInsaneDeathwish
Monster health:70%100%175%250%325%
Monster damage:70%100%175%250%325%
Monster movement speed:97.5%100%102.5%105%107.5%
Merchant time:5648403224
Score factor:0.51.01.752.53.25

Please note that the power of monsters is not only affected by the chosen difficulty, but also by the count of playing heroes.

HINTS
  • Enemy portal locations are pinged at the minimap. Use this information to your strategic advantage in order to find good defensive spots.
  • Your knapsack can pickup and hold all items, even those that your hero cannot. You can also sell items out of your bag.
  • If you don't want an ankh of resurrection to be triggered when your hero dies, just store it in your bag (this way you can keep it to use it to revive other heroes).
  • Monster arrangements are random, so if your team dies, it's possible that the next try is a bit more easy.

CREDITS
First, thanks to all helpful people at hiveworkshop.com for helping me in the creation of this game by providing feedback, suggestions and bug reports. Special thanks to Orcnet, -Kobas- and Ralle of Hive staff for supporting this project so that it got hosted.

Libraries/systems/scripts:
Nestharus (Save/Load system), Ammorth (MultiBars), Vexorian (vJass, Table, TimerUtils, IndieSummons, etc.), Rising Dusk (GroupUtils, IntuitiveBuffSystem, IntuitiveDamageSystem, Pool), grim001 (AutoIndex, AbilityPreload), Anitarf (Stack), The_Witcher (Shield System), Earth-Fury (UnitMaxState)

Custom Art (models, skins, icons):
Dionesiist (3D art, Legion Leader & Centaur models), oGre_ (3D art, ruins, walls and decoration models), JesusHipster (various edits and requests), 67chrome (2D art, skeleton skins and others), Norinrad (3D art, champion model), General Frank (3D art, orb & potion models), Gottfrei (3D art), Kimberly (2D art, undead ogre skin), skrab (3D art, Battlepriest model), Urkdrengi (3D art, Slayer model), Ampharos_222 (3D art, Engineer model), Radagast (3D art, Hunter model), Juice_F (2D art, EvilDwarf skin), Pyramidhe@d (3D art, Deep One, Flying Carcass & Maggot models), Sellenisko (3D art, dead & undead dwarf models), shiiK (3D art, Overlord model), Tarrasque (3D art, Firestarter model), HappyTauren (3D art, Skeleton King model), Systemfre1 (claptrap model), Bolthan (elk model), Mc ! (Imp model, 3D art, FX art, lamp and potion models), Chriz. (Imp animation), Nasrudin (3D art, indoor doodads), Kuhneghetz (3D art, Werewulf models), SuPa- (3D art, Wortling), donut3.5 (3D art, Reaper model), Misha (3D art, nether dragon), Hayate (3d art, Slime model), Systemfre1 (Claptrap model), PROXY (Ram model), The_Silent (2D art, Darksteel Golem skin), Forgotten_Warlord (3D art, Dwarven house model), Callahan (FX art), Crazyrussion (2D art, command buttons, icon art), Dan van Ohllus (FX art), JetFangInferno (FX art), shamanyouranus (FX art), sc_freek (FX art), sPy (FX art), Szythe (FX art), WILL THE ALMIGHTY (FX art), judash137 (FX art), Champara Bros (3D & FX art), Metal_Sonic (FX art), N00byStance (FX art), !!GORO!! (3D art), RetroSexual (FX art) alaslayer (icon art), KelThuzad (icon art), AlienAtSystem (icon art), Paladon (icon art), NFWar (icon art), Anachron (icon art), PeeKay (FX art), ChevronSeven (FX art), epsilon (FX art), Domokun (3D art, Gattling Gun model), Kitabatake (3D art, sniper gun model), Domokun (3D art, Snake model), Sin'dorei300 (icon art), Matareal (3D art), Kwaliti (3D art), Yayoi (3D art), crl (FX art), RightField (3D art), xXm0rpH3usXx (3D art), oBs3rv3r (3D art), olofmoleman (3D art, Moria doodads), Daelin (FX art), Deolrin (3D art), Power (FX art), Em! (FX art), Boogles (FX art)

Have fun playing and don't forget to rate and report some feedback
Moco

Keywords:
Dwarf, Dwarves, hero, survival, RPG, coop, horror, slayer, slasher, gore, monster, zombie, dungeon, crawler, rogue, team, tactic, moco
Contents

Dwarven Monster Slayers (Map)

Reviews
10:57, 15th Mar 2014 Orcnet: damn I swear I made a filling criticism about this project some day ago, I might as well redo it all over again, for now its approved rating may vary.
Level 3
Dwarven Monster Slayers was a pretty good map in 0.92, but now it's the same action condensed into ~50 minutes instead of an hour. I also really like the new Barney, the changes add to this encounter's dynamics. Thus, a 5/5 from me.
Suggestions: Well, you read them already in the dedicated thread. I'll add some more later.

Level 1
Awesome game! Hope to get lots of updates. Some of the heroes seem kinda weak (they die too easily). Also, some more instructions at the quest tab (f9) would be nice. Do we get more experience for playing in higher difficulties?

Keep up with the good work!
-Artcp

Level 1
I've downloaded the map. but it doesn't show up in any of my folders (when I try to create a game).

Any help on this? I've encountered this problem before.

Also, my mate could create a game with the map. When I try to join I just get booted out to the menu again.

Found a solution np.

Made it to the final wave with just 2 players :) btw slayer is OP!

Last edited:
Level 9
Hey, what is the idea of the Reaper of Souls? It keeps chasing me even if a new wave starts.

Level 13
Presuming that your question is related to the WCIII map, I think you should try yourself and just use the heroes you like the most.
Anyways you will be able to beat the game with any 2-hero combination, considering that your heroes will grow stronger, you get better equipment, you can save all progress (level and equipment) and you can always play on lower difficulties if things get too hard.

Level 2
Played this online, I loved it. My only regret was that I got disconnected at the outro, so I didn't get to see the ending. All in all, gameplay was amazing, the map looked awesome, and teamwork is essential in order to win. I have some questions though, when we were playing, the items of the Nether Merchant and the drops were mostly always for Thordal, Borgo, Alrik, and Falgrim. I was playing as Gotrek so I didn't get much stuff. Does this always happen or is it just my misfortune? Also, will you still be updating the WCIII DMS or will you be focusing on the indie game? Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 13
Thanks for your feedback and for you kind words. I think the rare drops for Gotrek must be misfortune because all items should have equal drop chances.

I will probably release some minor updats on the WCIII map, but I will mainly focus on the indie game.

Level 3
Hi there,

this is a really nice map, love playing it! However I do have a few questions:

1. After the 4th wave, the creeps don´t seem to drop any items anymore (normal mode), is this intended?

2. Is there any other use for crystals besides buying random stuff from the merchants? in the tooltips, it says they can be used for modifying your equipment, how can I do that?

Level 13
This is one Rootin Tootin Cowboy of a map!!! I am enthralled by the marvelous dungeon terrain!

Thanks dude! :)

1. After the 4th wave, the creeps don´t seem to drop any items anymore (normal mode), is this intended?

2. Is there any other use for crystals besides buying random stuff from the merchants? in the tooltips, it says they can be used for modifying your equipment, how can I do that?

1. You are perfectly right! There has been a bug indeed that prevented trash loot from being spawned after the first boss. Thanks for pointing. I have fixed this and released a new version.
Interesting that no one has ever noticed this before (including myself).

2. There is a crafting system that enables you to re-roll items. You can access it from within your knapsack menu.

Last edited:
Level 3
I just played version 0.97 and wanted to share my thoughts on the map. Starting with the hero selection, I would have preferred to see the abilities of the characters before choosing one. The people I played with agreed that the columns in the starting room were obscuring the view and it would be nice to make them transparent if they are right in front of the camera. I picked Thordal so this was especially annoying as a character with a healing ability, because I just could not see my allies. To make targeting your allies easier you could also turn on "shared advanced control" to display the hero interface icons of the other players. Consecutively the health/mana bars on the multiboard can be cut (even if it looks nice) as it will be redundant and take up screen space unnecessarily. Another issue I had was with the ability "Seal of the Forefathers" when on later levels there were tentacles spawning inside my character and pushing him out of the circle all the time which was rather annoying. I also found it rather silly to make the map unplayable in singleplayer "to prevent cheating". Isn't it sufficient to just turn off saving? If people want to cheat, let them. And if anybody with a little JASS knowledge actually cared enough to cheat they would take the few minutes to google how to edit the map. Unfortunately I did not enjoy the map personally due to the aforementioned issues. But I'm giving it a 4/5 regardless as the map is well made.

Level 2
Hello,

Want to send feedback about your game !!
It's a nice game and you done a great work on it.

I have few suggestions for you and all ideas/prices work together :

1) Up limit of gold to 1000 ? (Add more use of gold in other ideas)

2) level on spells ?
That give to players an choice to do on his carac.
And if you do it can add a "Book to reset skills" which can cost 50 gold.

3) Add a thing on bag to group ank with a limit of 20 i think.
Cost 20 gold to add a group or an ankh to an other group or an ankh.
Or just up the price to 25 and can be group (And less luck to drop it).

4) Same thing on potions, barricades, dynamites and powerstone
Something to group more but cost gold.

5) Need to find a solution for stuffs, because for example when i'm playing as Thordal, got 6 stuffs and can't hold any items need to put my stuff on ground to take it and it's borring...
Can be a good idea to put the stuffs which up hero on the bag and old item to sell and use on our inventory.
Or need to put a buttom like a spell that switch bag like on pokemon rpg and other games.

6) Delete boss from archievement and add bonus of xp and/or gems by doing them.
Because actually we don't care to do them...

Will send you more but actually i think you get a lot ideas.

Roy[Fr]

Level 2
Hello :)

I have more suggestions for you,

1) Item to repair tower (full repair and can buy it for 5 gold) ? Or buying robot with 300/400 life / 1hp regen / 0 armor (50 gold)?

2) Upgrade a weapon :
Add a shop upgrade in the bag or in the shop (with a next page).
For example we can upgrade only 1 times each item with only one thing in the list (if an other upgrade done in an item that delete the old upgrade) :
+5% life steal
+5% move speed
+5% attack speed
+5% life
+5% pets
+5% attack
+1 armor
+1 int
+1 str
+1 agi

3) Add +1 int, +1 str and +1 agi books but it cost 1000 gold.
So it cost a lot but for player who play a lot can be usefull (And it cost a lot and can only be buy every 5-10 games with 5 players i think, because it take times to get 1000gold.
(the limit of gold is 1000 i tell you to up it in the last suggestions).

4) Add a start choice to do more waves with more boss :
Short mode with 9 waves like now.
Normal mode with 12 waves.
Long mode with 15 waves.
(Just an idea can be more or less waves)
And in normal and long mode, the waves after the boss waves 9 are harder.

5) Add 100 range to the engineer, it is few but help him to attack because he is weak on fight.

6) Up lvl max to 20 (or more) ?

Roy[Fr]
Champion lvl 9 / Priest lvl 5 / Slayer lvl 4.
More than 10 Dwarven Monster Players friends.

Level 13
Hey Royii, thanks a lot for your many and good suggestions. I will consider some points for the next update.

Currently, however, I am afraid that I do not have much time to work on this map as I completely busy with the standalone project.

BTW, if you enjoy the map, do not forget to give a rating.

Level 2
No problem, i will send you more when i get more.

And i'm a map creator, so if you need help, tell me. :)

Level 2
Hi,

More suggestions for you :

1) Fix bug about spider boss that disapear on hard.

2) Control pets on hunter ?
Cause they just suicide sometimes.

3) Add a command to start the next wave.
When only play with good player don't need all the times, sometimes.

4) Remove the texture of an stuff after destroying it.

5) Add on -stats the attack speed and life steal.

6) Wrong key for the "Word of Life" of battlepriest, typing "t" but it don't work probably cause "t" is the key of hold position.

7) Need to can't take a "gift box" buying by an other player cause he buy, give, don't save and leave (so don't lose cristal and other one get item).

8) Add legendary rings ?
Some players want them. :p

Roy[Fr]
Champion lvl 10 / Priest lvl 6 / Slayer lvl 5 / Engineer 3.
10 co-player on Dwarven Monster Slayers.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi,

I want to say you i create a clan for Dwarven cause got too much player.
If you can't update more the game, can i get it to update it more on warcraft 3 ?

I think you will lose some people by doing indies games, but as you want, just tell you what i'm thinking.

Roy[Fr]
Champion lvl 10 / Priest lvl 8 / Slayer lvl 8 / Engineer lvl 4.
10 co-player on Dwarven Monster Slayers.

Level 13
Nice to hear that you have a clan for this map. If you want, I could link your clan page on the map page so that interested people will find it.

I do not want to give this out of my hands right now, but I will try to go through your points and see if I can adress some of them on the next weekends.

Level 2
Hello,

Clan is up on europe server :D !!
Name : Dwarven Fighters
We just create it and only be 10 but will invite other players in the week, probably will be 20 end of week :).
You can write in description to pm Roy[Fr], i will tell you names of shaman the next week (need to wait 1week before add shamans).

We are waiting the next update and we will enjoy it if you share it during the weekend :D !!

Roy[Fr]
Champion lvl 10 / Priest lvl 9 / Slayer lvl 8 / Engineer lvl 5.
Clan Master of "Dwarven Fighters".

Level 2
Wow, you have made a nice gameplay that feels like true hack'n'slash just by precisely adjusting numbers such as damage, health, armor etc, without drastic changes in Warcraft III basic mechanics. That's really cool. Most of mapmakers never bother with all this math.

Level 13
True. There is actually quite a lot of math going on under the hood. The most complex part are the calculations to enable a nearly equal challenge for different numbers of players. Note that these modifiers are independent from the modifiers due to the chosen difficulty. In fact, the player count has an influence on power of monsters (health + damage) and the maximum of monsters being allowed to be on the map at a time. I won't go into details, but I have about 5 excel charts full of calculation tables and it took quite some time to get the numbers right. Proper balancing is quite a major challenge for such types of games.

@Roy[Fr]:
I have put my comments to your improvement suggestions in the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...gestions-ideas-235550/index7.html#post2830207 forum.

If you have further suggestions you should directly use this forum.

I will use this weekend for some improvements.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi,

yeah i will send you suggestion every times to update it more to help you to find ideas.

Roy[Fr]
Champion lvl 10 / Priest lvl 9 / Slayer lvl 8 / Engineer lvl 5.
Clan Master of "Dwarven Fighters".
If want join, come chanel "Clan DF" (/j Clan DF).

Level 2
Hi,

We don't already find every legendary ring for our heroes, but the update is nice :).

I send you more suggestions in the rigth page ;).

Level 2
Don't know, i never got a problem with the map, but try to up the quality of texture and other things to max.

Level 13
Thanks to you for some really cool custom models

I guess you could try the easy difficulty mode. It might be a bit easier than usual warcraft since you only need to control a single hero. The video is a bit outdated; in earlier versions, it was possible to play multiple heroes in singleplayer, but later I've decided to discard this option.

Last edited:
Level 3
Dude I love the intro; amazing! Also the camera and terrain of the map. This reminds of DungeonSiege, a game I enjoyed a lot when I was younger.

Definitely a wonderful project and makes me happy you all got this as an independent game.

Supporting, totally!

Level 2
Wow, this map is freaking amazing!! Very good heroes, great modeling, cool icons, the map is very awesome... I've never seen this before.

Level 2
I honestly believe, the map needs a bit of a "Rework", in terms of gameplay, and so on.
I have played the map a lot, trust me, A LOT, and it really feels "Old" nowadays... I cant deny that.
I try to create a lobby so that people join and show them what the map is about, but its hard to make them stay the 8 or 9 rounds. Gets boring fast, I understand.

In terms of items and skills, you pretty much "Discover" everything you can use, in the very first minutes.
From that moment onwards, you can just pick up equipment, that make your numbers bigger... Nothing more.
You could add Talents, Specializations, runes... And so on and so forth, man.

Please take this comment into consideration. I say it, because the map has a lot of potential.
It might be understandable that there is no will to put that much effort in a custom map from an old RTS game, though.
Talents, Runes, Specializations, and whatever, would take months of coding for sure.

I'll edit this comment if more things come to my mind.