1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Participate in Blizzard's Public Test Realm to give them feedback on the upcoming patches. Info is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Zwiebelchen is hosting a special UI texturing contest. Whomever wins will get a $150 reward through paypal! Come along and draw your texturing tools for the Fantastic Adventurer UI contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. You love Warcraft 3? You love drawing? Than You mustn't miss Icon Contest #16! Display Your skills, have fun and win awards!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Traverse to a whole new location by voting for the best music pieces on the Music Contest #7 Poll
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Sneak, pickpocket and assassinate! Create a stealth map in Mini-Mapping Contest #14!
    Dismiss Notice

Dwarven Monster Slayers - Indie Game Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by MoCo, May 5, 2017.

1. MoCo

MoCo

Dwarven Monster Slayers
    Indie Game Update
    [​IMG]
    Hey everyone, we wanted to give you a quick update on our indie game project Dwarven Monster Slayers.

Some of you might know, that this project originally started as a Warcraft III custom map with the same name, as a hosted project on Hiveworkshop.

Basically, Dwarven Monster Slayers is a coop 1-5 player multiplayer game that blends old school role-playing gameplay with survival and stealth mechanics. The game features tactical and team-based combat, exploration of a huge immersive underground world, a comprehensive background story, character development, loot hunting, sandbox-elements and much more. All together, the game aims at creating a fluid gameplay that feels fresh and familiar at the same time.

Last week, we have attended the Quo Vadis 2017 game developers conference in Berlin. On this conference, we have presented an early prototype of our game to a public audience for the first time. We really had a great time, met very nice people, received a lot of feedback and had a lot of inspiring conversations. BTW, we have just released the game's intro cinematic for public - you can check it out below:

Maybe you are a developer yourself? We are always looking for talented freelancing 3D artists and level designers.

If we have catched your interest, you will find more information about the game on the dedicated website.
    If you want, you can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

As it regards our next steps, we want to make our project known to a bigger audience so that more people even know that this project exists.

We are thankful for any kind of feedback and support.

Cheers,
    Moritz

2. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

So awesome to see more WC3 maps getting out there in the world. Thumbs up modding community!

3. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Oh wow! I played the wc3 map a while ago - very well done mate!

I'm digging that intro! So well made... quality everything! You got a whole studio working on this or something?

Can't wait to play this game.

4. YetAnotherYoutuber

YetAnotherYoutuber

Seems graphically leaning towards hand of fate which is by no means a problem
    hoping you'll find those that will skyrocket the development speed (and quality as well) of your game

5. aeman

aeman

Warcraft 3, giving birth to a new indie game since 2003

6. Rufus

Rufus

Arena Moderator

Awesome man, good luck! :)

7. Chaosy

Chaosy

Looks cool not gonna lie.
    If the gameplay is as good as the cinematic I will probably give it a go.

8. Misha

Misha

very very fancy :)

9. Chaosy

Chaosy

Only 2 people according to their website.

10. aeman

aeman

so this game will be released at?

11. Chaosy

Chaosy

Just check their website :-/

12. MoCo

MoCo

Hey, glad to see that you guys like it.

As Chaosy has mentioned, we are currently working on this project with 2 people, next to normal fulltime jobs; myself (programming, leveldesign) and a friend of mine (storywriting, level design).
    Basically, that's why it takes some time to make progress. However, if we can manage to get some additional people onto the project in future, we might be able to speed things up a bit.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  13. Exarch

Exarch

I remember when you guys first share the project on HIVE.. I was so impressed and i am more now with that cinematic ^^
    Maan, that'd be sooo cool to work with you guys. Will you always be looking for 3D Artists? Cause i might get myself a setup to begin modeling again (hopefully soon).
    Thumbs up and up for the project! Great job Guys!

14. aeman

aeman

I spoke it wrong, lemme correct it
    Where this game will be released?

15. Alxen345

Alxen345

Are you using Cryengine for the graphics? :)

16. Bribe

Bribe

Where would a small team find the time to develop those landscapes, facial features, plantlife and detail? Did your team need to craft everything by hand or were there some pre-packaged landscape tools you had access to?

17. MoCo

MoCo

We use the Unity engine. As it regards content (3d models and such), we actually try to use plenty of stuff from the unity asset store + some freelancing work.

You can also check out our FAQ section on the website. It provides answers to those and some other questions:
    FAQ – Dwarven Monster Slayers

18. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Too much bloom.

19. Jumbo

Jumbo

Personally I like the amount of bloom effect used.

I would suggest improving your website a bit: Add pictures for every monster type and to the Game & Features tab

20. MoCo

MoCo

I agree that the website can be improved. Right now it's not our top priority but we actually have it on our todo list.