1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

DwarfHero Female Woodcutter

Submitted by Arak1da
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Hi all, I decided that I want to create a model for each work in the camp. The tree is one of the important resources, so made a Woodcutter. On hive many models of male dwarves so i create female dwarf ....again .) Working on portrait.

Update 0.1 -- update Dissipate to normal time.
Contents

DwarfHero Female Woodcutter (Model)

DwarfHero Female Woodcutter Optim (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Please add ALL proper team colouring and a proper portrait to the model.
  1. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hell this one is nicely made. I really like what you did with the animations. Though, there is one thing. The dissipate animation is really slow, you might want to fix that.

2. Jaxximus

Jaxximus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agreed.

3. Arak1da

Arak1da

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Its not a problem, because in game is all right. Screen capture - 533026d501595b35ccd91fc5feb9f90e - Gyazo

4. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It is. Check in game heroes and their dissipate animations. It's not much of a deal, just pull the hero's body up more faster.

5. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Love the animations, with a weapon change it would be an amazing dwarf rogue too, 5/5! GJ as always Arak1da!

6. DaHomieG

DaHomieG

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice. However more TC wouldn't hurt.

7. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dang, this is pretty neat. You're right, the dearth of female dwarves is a real serious problem, and this goes a long way towards rectifying it.

I particularly like the animations; a good mix of serious & cartoony, with some good weight behind them. The weapons are wonderfully big & fun, and the proportions are great.

Honestly my only problem with this is how drab it looks overall; the monochrome armor really needs not only some more Team Color, but some additional colors/armor-bits/variation as well.

That, and some good Decay Flesh/Bone animations (& the proper geoset) as this isn't quite Heroic enough to be a Hero in my opinion.

Keep up the good work!

8. Scias

Scias

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Brilliant model, I'm happy to see a female dwarf that's so well done.

Not a big deal but I was expecting more of a thrust for the dagger attack animation, the current one looks like she'll be stabbing opponents in their feet, and the animation looks kinda awkward to me.
    I'll also echo the members above about the team color, would be lovely to see variation of this model with more team color and I'm hoping for hero glow also.

But I love the outfit and everything else about this design, great work.

9. Arak1da

Arak1da

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:

Dwarves low race, slow but militant. The dagger for this model of woodcutter needs for immobilization of forest creatures. Who rely on speed and agility. And of course they will be hit by the feet of the enemy.

10. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please add ALL proper team colouring and a proper portrait to the model.