• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Of The Legion V2.15

This is a game I created in my spare time, it is similar to warchasers, you enter a dungeon with 11 or less players. The game features traps, puzzles, tricks, and surprises. There is plenty of combat and its more or less a "Track RPG" which means you cannot diverge from the set path, except in a few rare occasions. The game is very strongly team work oriented and hero tactics such as healing or chain stun spell combos are very effective. I recommend this game to a group of friends who want to spend time together and conquer a difficult task.

The max level for this game is 60, and all spells advance to their appropriate level. There is a large selection of heroes, at the beginning you may only access 16 regular heroes, when you beat the game you may access another 16 secret heroes.

The game requires five people to complete, and can vary in difficulty from impossible to simplistic depending on the amount of people, skill, and most importantly team cooperation.

Keywords:
RPG, Dungeon, SheepLord, Legion, LordofWild, epic, epic rpg, loap balanced, loap make your own gang, gang, humans, human, Dungeon of the Legion, track
Contents

Dungeon Of The Legion V2.15 (Map)

Reviews
14:36, 30th Jul 2008 Rui: A map similar to Warchasers that NEEDS to be played with at least 5 players, according to the author. See my full review here.

M

14:36, 30th Jul 2008
Rui:
A map similar to Warchasers that NEEDS to be played with at least 5 players, according to the author.
See my full review [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=92274#post763214"]here[/self].

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's Review
[+]The map has a valid name, an author name, a description, and is finished. And well categorized.
[+]The game is machine/net friendly. Does not appear to lag.
[+]I found no bugs that could interfere with the gameplay.
[+/-]The type of game which you only play when you're really bored.
[+/-]I understand the game is supposed to be played with multiple players, but good maps should always have a system to adapt the gameplay to the number of players.
[-]The terrain was bad, lacks elevation and ground texture variation.
[-]No special effects used.
[-]I saw no imported material besides the music. You're not going to tell me that the 3MB is the music, are you...?
[-]I cannot say the game was original. Warchasers seems shorter and funnier to me. This game brought nothing new besides the TFT heroes.
[-]Bad Object Editor work. You only gave heroes a standard ability and made some abilities sucky, such as Drunken Brawler (3/4/4 evade chance...? What is that for...?).
And why do the shops have tomes?

Could be interesting with a few re-thought features.
My rating for this resource is 5/10, approximately 3 (Useful), with Approved status.

If you have questions or complains, post them on the Map Resource Moderation.
~Thank you for using the Hive Workshop

Level 2
Game got updated alot, dunno if this version got updated with the new version recently. Easy 10 if you take the time to beat it all unlike most of the fucking Moderators here. So if you aren't an idiot and you actually have the decency to PLAY THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME THEN REVIEW IT, please do so! :)

Level 3
And, of course, the moderators have all the time in the world to play through every single map and tease out every elusive secret [/sarcasm].

I don't see why just because it is a 'dungeon' map it has to be boring in terms of terrain...and this whole site is about customising, and although I am a new member here, I can tell that most people will disagree with your "custom heroes suck, standard are best" comment.

Level 2
You can't fully judge maps without playing them fully, so yes, he should play through the whole map.

If dungeons aren't to be plain on terrain maybe I should map a dungeon of the magical pixey fairy gumdrop island with lots of beautiful terrain and cute little effects :3

No.

Now, onto the heroes part, yes, custom hero's do suck. Hai guyz, lets get a custom model that uses alot of space, slap it into a hero, modify him and create new abilities that are rigged as shit, instead of using already existing heros! LOL! Custom heros are usually broken, imbalanced, etc.

Level 2
LordOfTheWild is correct and an example of this is.

Lets just say a demon hunter, someone decides okay i want to make mana burn more fun for me and fair so they make it have infinite (or very high) range and cost no mana but have only half as much mana burned. the buggy unfair effect would then be that the hero could exploit and mana burn/kill heroes from their base with the help of a spy, that is not fair anyway you look at it because the person being attacked cannot control this.

making a hero pretty with special effects and new abilities can be interesting at first but when you have someone not paying attention to the details and fine tuning of these abilities major exploits occur. I've chosen to use the old abilities because they are fair, balanced, and offer the most familiarity with the abilities and their effects to the player. This also allows people to early on use these abilities effectively to aid themselves or their allies.

Level 31
You can't fully judge maps without playing them fully, so yes, he should play through the whole map.

The staff have their own life to deal with and they have little to no time to play every single feature in a map. So, get on with it. After all, when a user upload their resources, they had agree to Respect the decisions of the Maps Moderation Team.

So, don't blame the staff for their decision. If you have anything to complains, go to map moderation forum as it had been state by Rui itself.

If dungeons aren't to be plain on terrain maybe I should map a dungeon of the magical pixey fairy gumdrop island with lots of beautiful terrain and cute little effects :3

Go to Terrain Board and ask those terrainer over there, they probably could give you every single detail of what a dungeon could look like.

1) Map require 512mb requirement? Wc3 requirement was between 200-250mb, your map probably require that much ram due to massive unit placement or memory leak.
2) This look more like a maze rather than dungeon.
3) Extremely long loading time, even though I try to see what is this map about at single player.

Level 2
The staff have their own life to deal with and they have little to no time to play every single feature in a map. So, get on with it. After all, when a user upload their resources, they had agree to Respect the decisions of the Maps Moderation Team.

So, don't blame the staff for their decision. If you have anything to complains, go to map moderation forum as it had been state by Rui itself.

They should take a little more time playing the map to produce a more thorough, valid review. He agreed to respect their decisions, I didn't. I didn't make it.

I will blame the staff for their decisions, if I want too. I'm not wasting my time making a complaint. If they cannot take criticism then thats their fault.

Go to Terrain Board and ask those terrainer over there, they probably could give you every single detail of what a dungeon could look like.

Dungeons can vary. He made his dungeon the way he wants it, and the way he sees fit. I like it, and so do alot of other people. Oh, and sorry he doesn't waste every single minute of his life making epic terrain :(

1) Map require 512mb requirement? Wc3 requirement was between 200-250mb, your map probably require that much ram due to massive unit placement or memory leak.
3) Extremely long loading time, even though I try to see what is this map about at single player.

1) Thats the recommended amount of ram, not the required amount. Learn to read.
2) Its a dungeon, with traps, mazes, etc.
3) Shitty pc. Get a new one.

message too short

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 2

He doesn't need to play every single feature. the basic point is to spend more then 5 seconds looking at a map that took someone the possibility of 200 hours and give it a bad review based on your laziness and lack of attention to detail. It's very obvious given the map size both actual size and file size that a lot of time and effort went into it. a decent respectful person would realize this and at least consider the persons reasons for doing something may have been done for a greater less obvious purpose.

1) 512mb RECOMMENDATION! due to the large amount of SPELL effects UNITS and large boss battles. Simply because the game is large the recommended ram is 512mb.
2) In the beginning of the map there is a small maze yes. but that takes up only a small fraction of the game. It's purpose is to provide a time period for players to explore level up and familiarize themselves with their teammates, abilities, and how they will tackle different challenges.
3) The map is 3.50mb+ and is an RPG, so when you play a large RPG like COT or something similar do you scream at your monitor and say it's a horrible game because it doesn't load quickly?

Level 31
They should take a little more time playing the map to produce a more thorough, valid review. He agreed to respect their decisions, I didn't. I didn't make it.

I will blame the staff for their decisions, if I want too. I'm not wasting my time making a complaint. If they cannot take criticism then thats their fault.

The shallow reviewing was the order from webmaster that every staff must adhere and you obviously have no idea about how hard it was to give a 100% full detail of a map.

Dungeons can vary. He made his dungeon the way he wants it, and the way he sees fit. I like it, and so do alot of other people. Oh, and sorry he doesn't waste every single minute of his life making epic terrain :(

Because it was RPG genre map, map with genre such as TD or Maze could have exception over it.

1) Thats the recommended amount of ram, not the required amount. Learn to read.
2) Its a dungeon, with traps, mazes, etc.
3) Shitty pc. Get a new one.

I play this map at cyber cafe and the computer have 3gb ram, it's that what you called shitty pc? Also, there would always have a negative critism about a map. Learn to get on with it instead of writing a rather hostile message with troll like intention just because you disagree with someone else.

He doesn't need to play every single feature. the basic point is to spend more then 5 seconds looking at a map that took someone the possibility of 200 hours and give it a bad review based on your laziness and lack of attention to detail. It's very obvious given the map size both actual size and file size that a lot of time and effort went into it. a decent respectful person would realize this and at least consider the persons reasons for doing something may have been done for a greater less obvious purpose.

From what I seen from Rui review, it seems like he have spend more than enough time to give enough specific detail about it. Also, spending 200 hours or maybe 5,000 hours on a map is partically worthless if the mapper itself does not take any proper action to improve the map to a better level.

1) 512mb RECOMMENDATION! due to the large amount of SPELL effects UNITS and large boss battles. Simply because the game is large the recommended ram is 512mb.
2) In the beginning of the map there is a small maze yes. but that takes up only a small fraction of the game. It's purpose is to provide a time period for players to explore level up and familiarize themselves with their teammates, abilities, and how they will tackle different challenges.
3) The map is 3.50mb+ and is an RPG, so when you play a large RPG like COT or something similar do you scream at your monitor and say it's a horrible game because it doesn't load quickly?

From what I seen from your this post, it seems like you create a custom spell. If I could get a indepth view of how is the trigger being develop, I could probably tell you what's wrong with the trigger. A huge amount of special effect would give little or no lag at all if it been done carefully. Of course, if you want to improve your map coding.

A good rpg would have a relatively a decent loading time and having the map size at 3.5mb and max player 11 won't be a good idea either. As the download time could took quite a while and trying to get it at full house would be impossible considering that user would likely to left before it started.

In the mean time, good luck in mapping.

Level 25

Well guess what, we can take criticism. Also, I'm curious, can you? Because the way you did that post? Fucking awful. Ever heard of closing and opening quote tags?

Also, anyone else who plays this map isn't going to give it much of a chance. They're going to go in suspicious and you'd better hope you have a good hook to grab them with at the beginning otherwise they'll just quit and never touch it again

Dungeons can vary. However, they can also be interesting. Its a boring dungeon at the moment. People don't like boring things, give them some eyecandy

Also, while I'm at it...

People on Battle.net aren't going to play through your map fully to judge it. They're going to go in, see how much fun they're having, and when they're having none, stop playing it

You need to grab the audience's attention with a hook. This is basic advertising stuff mate, and if you're proud of a half assed map that will barely be played, well, good for you, but wouldn't you rather make a map better than that?

Level 8
I'm not gonna lie, the map was awesome.

I'm gonna hold off for the review, simply to state that the idiot posting above me is the exact reason the phrase "bannadar" was invented.

EDIT: The guy I'm talking about is NOT Mecheon, but the dude he is yelling at. Figure I make that clear :p

Last edited:
Level 1
You know what Sheeplord? I was about to download this map, it looked interesting. I was going to give it a shot.
Then i read some more, and now im not going to even look at it again...ever.

Its not because of Rui's review, or anything Mech or anyone else said.
Its because of your immature and childish tantrum at the slightest amount of CONSTRUCTIVE critisism. I dont care if its the best freakin map in the whole wide world, i dont care if you are map making incarnate, you could at least show the slightest grain of maturity. And while your at in throw in some humility.
Im not sure if its something the internet does to you, or if you act this way all the time, cause if you do, you seriously need to rethink your life. Or get one.

Level 2
You know what Sheeplord? I was about to download this map, it looked interesting. I was going to give it a shot.

Its because of your immature and childish tantrum at the slightest amount of CONSTRUCTIVE critisism. I dont care if its the best freakin map in the whole wide world, i dont care if you are map making incarnate, you could at least show the slightest grain of maturity. And while your at in throw in some humility.
Im not sure if its something the internet does to you, or if you act this way all the time, cause if you do, you seriously need to rethink your life. Or get one.

Please do not be misguided Dtelm. You have no idea what the situation is, you speak your mind without thinking through the facts or understanding all points of view. You're a bumbling idiot if you cannot see this. It cannot be "CONSTRUCTIVE critisism" if the criticism being given is completely untrue and irrelevant. Before you go around judging people and pretending to have valid excuses for it you should take a look at yourself. Are you really justified to do that? You're part of the reason people in this world are treated unfairly without cause. The only way we can overcome this is by educating ourselves. Are you a map maker? Do you understand my situation? I doubt you can answer yes to either of them.

In short educate yourself and free your mind from the tyranny that causes you to judge others without hesitation or regard for their feelings. The world does not have to be pure and good in perfect harmony, but we can at least all live without the social restraints that keep us from expressing ourselves.

Level 6

Thought I'd just quote instead of writing the same thing all over, Sheeplord, there's been constructive criticism and you then say it's not constructive, and that it is irrelevant. Well guess what, no matter if it's constructive criticism or not, if you have a brain, you'd figure out what to improve, and then they couldn't criticize you anymore. Instead, you choose to whine and cry because someone doesn't agree with your e-peen.

Grow up, then I'll give your map a chance of being tested.

Level 2
Thought I'd just quote instead of writing the same thing all over, Sheeplord, there's been constructive criticism and you then say it's not constructive, and that it is irrelevant. Well guess what, no matter if it's constructive criticism or not, if you have a brain, you'd figure out what to improve, and then they couldn't criticize you anymore. Instead, you choose to whine and cry because someone doesn't agree with your e-peen.

Grow up, then I'll give your map a chance of being tested.

Calm down...SRSLYS!!!!

What seems to be the officer problem?

'you choose to whine and cry instead of improve' -
No I am improving I'm just messing around with people who start shit. Yes it is shit you have no valid proof or point of standing. You're giving me shit like an e-bully with no moral reasoning for your actions.

I'm a super intellect. No one knows my true power level shadow3. Do you honestly think you can match my "e-peen" with yours? I trained at the martial school of culinary arts with master kintojitsunopterodactyl. My power level is over 9 gabilljion. In whatever metric scale of power we use. And now...You've angered me....So I'm about to chop this desk into two half desks....Draggonn sttaancee!!!!!...HAAAAAII!!! OHhh!!! ooWW!! Lazlow!! Lazlow!! I think I broke my hand..And my pinkies all bent the wrong way....

K? So there are no more reasons to be angry..Now maybe we all can be friends..Come on people now smile on your brother. Try to love Sheeplord's game rightttt nowwww.

Oh and ye forgot the srs part...Is that grown up enough? Are we grown up enough? Are we both acting maturely? Do we get some sort of gratification for doing this near e-drama internets argument? "Grow up, then I'll give your map a chance of being tested." Basically you're saying meet my standards and you're worthy of being judged. Nice mister pedestal. Nice job. How about get over your silly immature grudge and try the game. How the creator is does not influence if the game is fun or not. If Steven King was a complete dick would his books just be awful and horrible? Hemmingway is pretty much an asshole but is his work any less great?

Last edited:
Level 6
Sheeplord, I have to say, I will test your map, but if your take on custom skills is so narrow minded, I suggest you take a look at my map, Warchasers II.

My custom skills are all completely balanced, all you have to do is work at it and make sure that none of them have game breaking effects. Of course a mana burn with infinite range is retarded, any spell with infinite range is going to be lame.

I'll post again when I go through the map.

Level 3
Sheeplord! Read this.

I've been playing your map quite alot. It's an extremely good map that requires teamwork skills and so on. I like it very much.

The thing is, I prefer to play the older versions of this map. In my opinion, 1.92 was the peak among the versions. I have this opinion due to the fact that you sort of spoiled the map with v2. Why did you add all that shit that was out in the garden, before one could get into the dungeon and start fighting? It really breaks the game.

It would be really kind of you if you could mail me an unprotected version of the 1.92, since there are some changes I would like to make, to make it THE perfect rpg map. For example making the units in the garden fewer and easier. And maybe modify some abilities which at this point make no sense at all.

And I would certainly not upload it anywhere under my own name, you can count on that.

Regards.

Level 3
The thing is i agree with all of you equally. Developers must stick to the happy medium between appearance/gameplay. Demostrative examples may be:
-Wow: Heroes return-beautiful appearance ever, i dream if someday Warcraft4+ would look like this, but there is no gameplay
-Eclipse Orpg. One of the maps with promising gameplay, but ugly looking empty spaces, i call it 1-2 click terrain work
Further i`ll quote the things in Q/A respectively:
to PLAY THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME THEN REVIEW IT, please do so! :)

Answer:
People on Battle.net aren't going to play through your map fully to judge it. They're going to go in, see how much fun they're having, and when they're having none, stop playing it

I find moderators and reviewers may influence to the map playability: they state facts. The reason is(any doubts??): They are as gamers as we are, Thank God, and not kind of maths teacher. Not discussed.