• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Lords v2.06

God's Left Ball presents:
Dungeon Lords AoS

Overview
Map Genre: Aeon of Strife (AOS)
Maximum number of players: 10 (5vs5)
Recommanded Players: 4vs4
Supported Modes: -all pick, -baning pick (-bap), -all random
Number of heroes: 40
Preamble
After almost 10 months of working on this map, I decided to remake a lot of elements. I found them to be actually an obstacle to strategic playing. This is why I removed the old stat system 'Critical Spell Chance' and the hero classes. Furthermore, I reduced the hero level to 25 and the spell levels to 5 for basic spells and to 3 for ultimates. I hope the changes will make the game more fun to play.
General Information
Dungeon Lords is a basic yet skill-requiring AoS map, which uses elements I have seen in other games and that I found interesting to be implemented in a Warcraft 3 AoS-map. As in so many other AoS-maps, two parties - the Alliance of Mages and the Darkness Invokers - battle each-other. Each hero masters five spells, three of them have 5 levels and one of them, the ultimate spell, has 3 levels. Additionally, each hero has a stat skill increases all three stats. The hero's maximum level is 25. The map supports "-all pick" and "-all random" (since version 1.11d).
Plot
Some inhabitants of Dalaran were able to survive the destruction of the city by Burning Legion's warlord Kil'Jaeden and hid in Dalaran's catacomb system, deep beneath the town. Feeling the presence of the survivors and willing to eliminate even the last survivors of Dalaran, Kil'Jaeden decided to send out the most powerful and dreadful creatures, called 'Darkness Invokers'. Fearing the intruding forces of the Burning Legion, the survivors of Dalaran gathered together in an 'Aliance of Mages' and prepared for the upcoming battle...
Features
Circles of Power - Circles of Power are placed at almost every strategic point in the map. Whenever your hero stays within a circle of power, he or she remains hidden as long as they are not attacking or casting a spell. They are basically the brushes like in LoL. Since version 1.09, when two opposed enemy heroes are in the same circle of power at the same time, the hiding effect is removed from both, unhiding both to each-other.

Hero Stats - I removed the old Strength-Agility-Intelligence stat system because it created in my opinion too many imbalance issues at late games (usually, but not all the time, agility heroes became an unstoppable force because of too much armor and dps). This is way I introduced a stat system using aether, tenacity and rage. Aether improves spell damage. Tenacity is basically spell resistance and increases hitpoings. Rage increases damage, attack speed and in some really rare cases improves spell damage (under some conditions each time). There is no main stat.

Faceless Overlord - The Faceless Overlord is the big boss creep that spawns 10 minutes after the game has started. Killing the Faceless Overlord gives a considerable gold boost and an aura that increases mana regeneration and damage for 80 seconds.

Master-Runes - After choosing your hero, you can select two different runes to "customize" your hero. Every rune improves a different aspect of your hero (Damage, Tenacity, Aether, Armor, Attack Speed, Revival time, etc.). Since version 1.05, there are also active master runes. You will start the game with a 'Rune Amulet' in which active runes are put into.

Heroes - All heroes have at least two spells, often three and sometimes four, that can be enhanced by aether. Considering the nature of their spells (disable, area damage, nuke, etc.) and the individual stat gain per level, some heroes are better be played as mages, others as auto-damage carries and some others as supports or tanks. Nonetheless, it is up to the player to decide on how to play their heroes. Some heroes that might be good auto-damage carries might also be good mages.

Denial - Heroes, towers and creeps can't be denied unless they have less than 25% hitpoints. Denaying an allied non-hero unit gives 10 gold.s

Gems - Ingame, you can purchase up to six gems, that will be stored in your rune amulet. Once bought, you cannot remove them. Each gem will improve a certain hero stat.

Noob-Friendliness - I really tried to keep the map as simple as possible. The only "difficult" aspect of the game is the new stat-system. For example, when you select a hero, some information about that hero will added in the quest log, proposing Master-Runes, a possible build for that hero and some "tactics" about how to paly this hero. Furthermore, the map is written in simple English (English is not my native language anyway). However, not all hero guides are ready to read.
Bugs and Balancing
I tried the map several times with some friends. It is actually quite balanced, though, battlemages are usually the dominating class in the early-game. At the late mid-game and early late-game, fighters become very strong and easily equlize with battlemages. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time in the last weeks to test the new version, so there might be some bugs. If you find any of them, just report them please and I will fix them in the next version.
Credits
If I used one of your credits without giving credits to you, just PM me and tell, please.

Zyne (map preview image), Mech-Warrior, Dragonguard, CrazyRussian, Khuneghetz, Frankster, Infrisios, Champara Bros, WILL THE ALMIGTHY, Scatholic, I3lack Deathm, Kelthuzad, Peekay, inhuman89, Nudl9, SerbianBeast, Raven, Marcos DAB, Elainiel, NFWar, Viiva, Retrosexual, sPy, Tarrasque, Dionesiist, Vortigon, Juan_Ann
Update

Version 2.06 - two new heroes (Furbolg Brawler and Thunder Scorpion), Aether does not increase with level-up any more, Starting aether for all heroes set to 0, Denying allied units gives 10 Gold, new item (Chaos Axe), balancing (Mastermind, Gryphonrider, Subjugator of Titans) and bug fixing.

Version 2.05 - One new hero (Naga Siren), Bug Fixing and balancing

Version 2.04 - Two New Heroes (Master-Builder, Runebird), balancing, new items (Ogre Warlord's Axe), new item category (divine items), Statistics at the end of the game, some few bug fixes

Version 2.03b - New Hero (Jerycho the Gryphon Rider), some balancing, tenacity-spell damage ratio does not increase anymore, gems are not avalaible in the first 10 minutes of the game,

Version 2.02 - Tiny Update... two new items (Invoker's Staff and Overlord's Wand), some balancing, I put the towers closer to the main building so that units won't stop next them doing nothing.s

Version 2.02 - New Hero (Mahambr - The Warlock, a support and mage semi-carry), Denial (allied units below 25% hitpoints can be denied), Neutral Hero Taverne removed (both sides now have two taverns)

Version 2.00 - Completely new game play. Introduction of new heroes (Hydra and Necromancer), New Hero Stat (Rage), New Items, Some Balancing, Rework of all heroes.

Version 1.12d - New Hero (Holmir the Dranai shaman - mighty ap carry and nuker), some balancing (front towers stronger, base towers weaker, considerably less gold bounty from neutral creep kills), Nerubian Buff grants the time twister effect (reduced cooldowns), new items (Dragonguard's Ring of Protection, Archmage's Boots, Kel's Ice Shard)

Version 1.11d - New Hero (Morphy the Hydromancer), Heroes nerfed (Mastermind), Heroes buffed (Worm King, Flamewalker, Pirate Captain), Item buffed (Ghost Helmet), Magic to Structure Armor ratio set to 30% (from initially 125%), Heroes remade (Fire Invoker who is now called 'Pyromanic'), New Items (Oblivion Staff, Tidal Sword), Revival System remade, New Game Mode (-all random ... still in beta), Overall Gold Income (Bounty, Creep Kills, Gold Rune, etc.) reduced

Version 1.10 - New Hero (Pirate Captain), Item buffed (Trinity Orb), New Creep Buff (Lava Golem Buff granting 65% life-steal), Life and Mana restore ability of store area nerfed (before 20% restored per second, now 3% per second), tenacity now starts at 3.00 and increases by 0.05 every 50 seconds (stack at 4.25), Hero nerfed (Mealstrom Invoker)

Version 1.09 - Lots of balancing... Tenacity now increases by 0.05 every 50 seconds and stacks at 3.75 after approximately 25 seconds; Critical spell damage stacks at +35% critical spell damage (mages became too strong in late games); Each tenacity point furthermore increases health by 5 points; The old revival system was replaced by a traditional hero revival system (it turned out to be too unbalanced at late game); Items buffed (Shield of Honor, Sceptre of Mastery, Royal Lion Shield); Heroes Buffed (Worm King); Magic-Hero Armor ratio set to 90% and Hero Damage - Hero Armor ratio set to 98% (AD heroes turned out to be too weak); When two enemy heroes are in the same circle of power at the same time, the hiding effect is removed from both; Towers now have the unhide ability (400 range)

Version 1.08 - New Hero (Tidal Giant Poseidon, an AP off tank mage), items buffed (revenants crown, justice bringer, guardian sword, archmage's staff)

Version 1.07 - New Item (Elune's Scythe - finally mages will have their own life steal), Critical Strike Chance now stacks (only the chance, not the critical strike damage multiplicator), New Hero (Flamewalker, a mage that should be played as AD carry... this hero was inspired by the Storm Spirit from DotA), Item Balancing (Master Gloves restore hitpoints, Armor of Pertenacity now grants a huge mana and hp reg), Game Balancing (Foe bounty decreased by 25%)

Version 1.06 - New Hero (Kashmir, the Revenant of the Dead), All hero tool-tips reworked (now figuring class, function, attack range and difficulty), Fighters now use aether as well (except for the Shadow Queen), some balancing, magic-armor damage ratio set to 95% (from originally 108%)

version 1.05e - New Hero (Lucian the Subjugator of Titans, Invoker), Heroes Nerfed (Storm Hunter), New Items (Revenant's Crown, Justice Bringer, Guardian Sword), Magic-Armor-Ratio to 108%, Game Time now visible on the multiboard, Storm Hunter's passive spells (D et E) extremely nerfed and debuged, Armor-Damage Ratios now visible on armor description, Hero souls will now have a degressive movement speed (the higher the hero level, the slower the movement speed), New Master Rune ('Revivev')

Version 1.05 - New Hero (Maelstrom Invoker), New Items (Shield of Resistance, Master Gloves), Introduction of active master runes (granting your hero additional spells), Loading Screen removed to reduce map size, Weraz Rune Buffed, Introduction of gems (you can purchase up to 6 gems that will increase different hero stats), Worm King remade (His passive 'D' was replaced by a similar spell, but draining mana when used), Geomancer nerfed (his Earthquake now deals -50% damage to buildings instead of +50%), Added a surrender vote system

Version 1.04d - New hero (Healer hero 'Ancient Roamer'), fixed some leak causing triggers, balanced some heroes (Fire Invoker, Doom Keeper), changed the map preview image (big thx to Zyne), modified some hero spell icons, changed the model of 'Fire Invoker' to reduce map size (Fire Invoker's model used to be a custom model)

Version 1.04 - New items (Druid's Boots, Time Twister), new hero (Mountain King), Terrain reworked (now with real jungle), Neutral Mini Boss-Creeps added (called 'Nerubian', granting a minor gold boost and an impressive mana reg buff), Foe-Upgrades (every 75 seconds, foes gain +5hp and +1dmg), Towers buffed a little bit

Version 1.03 - One new item (Phantom Dancer), One new hero (Shadow Queen), Beast Lord reworked (His ultimate was replaced), Towers remade (different tower levels, range reduced, attack speed reduced, damage reduced), Number of spawned foes reduced, creep bounty increased, Hero balanced (Storm Hunter's ultimate nerfed, Worm King's 'W' nerfed, Mastermind's 'E' buffed), Tenacity up to 2.25, damage-armor ratios remade, hero hitpoint increases on level-up balanced. Critical spell damage starts at 10% and increases by +1% every 50 seconds and stacks at +60%

Version 1.02 - Two new Items (Bloot Talisman, Frozen Shield), Worm King nerfed (his worms' damage type was changed to "normal"; the worms' life reg was set back to 5hp/sec), Aether Hunter buffed (His ultimate spell now deals way more damage), bugs fixed (some spells didn't do magic damage, but normal damage), Tenacity set to 1.95

Version 1.01 - Just a minor update to fix two bugs I found after releasing version 1.00 and that could make the game unplayable for some heroes.
Screenshots

Keywords:
AoS, GLB, Gods Left Ball, God's Left Ball, DL, Dungeon Lords
Contents

Dungeon Lords v2.06 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jul/07 23:51:00 Comment: [Approved] By the way the Sorceress eyeball skill has the same title as Star Fall when leanring it. Resource Moderation - Rules
Good AoS but some bugs and improvement needed.

First, bugs:

If fire panda die while rolling, he respawn and roll forever in map... so you can't use hero for whole game.

I got respawn bug(hero did not revive.) I did not save replay, but I was the Warden.

Okay, now balance:

Worm King's range is too op... he outranges towers... which should never happen.

Those items that grant double damage against towers pretty op :S

Towers are hard to take down on certain(Non-Rage) heroes...

Bonuses from killing faceless one too high... basically whole team gets a World Destroyer... pretty op

5/5 tho, gj :) Good AoS are a rarity these days

We should play sometime, do you play on bnet? I am Strikest on U.S. East

Last edited:
Level 3
hey nice map but it need AI
if you put AI in it will be the perfect map
and this map remind me of league of legends so i like it i Hope you put the AI soon please

Level 3
hey sry i added to comment i forget about i commented on this map before but give me your garena name i would like to play it with you
my username in garenaplus is zxzx404040 and my nick name iin garena plus is DarkMaster

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Good AoS but some bugs and improvement needed.

First, bugs:

If fire panda die while rolling, he respawn and roll forever in map... so you can't use hero for whole game.

I got respawn bug(hero did not revive.) I did not save replay, but I was the Warden.

Okay, now balance:

Worm King's range is too op... he outranges towers... which should never happen.

Those items that grant double damage against towers pretty op :S

Towers are hard to take down on certain(Non-Rage) heroes...

Bonuses from killing faceless one too high... basically whole team gets a World Destroyer... pretty op

5/5 tho, gj :) Good AoS are a rarity these days

We should play sometime, do you play on bnet? I am Strikest on U.S. East

Hey,

thank you for playing & commenting.

But your bug report kind of bewilders me. I am curious : what version did you play? Because several things you pointed out remind me a lot of older versions of Dungeon Lords, where this happened:

1. The Flamewalker is invulnerable while being in panda roll and as fas as I know, it is technically impossible to die while being invulnerable. And in older versions, the Flamewalker used to be vulnerable while in panda roll. I changed that because it caused too many bugs.

2. your comment about the respawn bug with the Warden reminds me a lot of older versions of this game, where this happened regularly.

3. In older versions, each team member of the team killing the big boss got 800 gold. So basically you're right. 5x800 Gold = 4000 Gold so yeah it is pratically a free World Destroyer. But the amount of gold obtained by the big boss was nerfed to 350 gold per team member so 5x350 = 1750.

These 3 points make me think that you tested the map with an old version ^^

Anyhow, I would be glad to play with you. But unfortunately I only have garena. So if you get garena, I will add you!

@DarkMaster: Thanks a lot! Unfortunately there will be no AI for this game. I will add you on garena as soon as i can.

Greetings

GLB

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Loved it! Especially the Pirate Captain, Poseidon and Subjugador! 5/5! Keep updating it man! But make it more dynamic! With some AI and more chaotically spells. This aos is better than Rofl TriAoS. Much more better!