• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Lords 1.6.3

Dungeon Lords
Dungeon Lords is a map inspired by Dungeon Keeper. One of the teams, the Dungeon Lords team, takes the role of "keepers", who build the dungeon and set traps, while the other team, the "good" guys, try to loot and kill everything in there.

Dungeons are not pre-made, but created by the Dungeon Lords every game using a very intuitive digging system, which makes every single game different.

The game also includes new Ability and Combat systems. Abilities gain new effects, so Heroes can effectively use all of them (even melee warrior-type heroes profit from Intelligence). That gives more possibilities to play each hero.

Dungeon Lords are being developed for a long time now, more information can be found in map development - Dungeon Lords section

Map is protected

1.6.3:
- blind seer has 4 abilities
- new dungen lord, some units have new skills
- boss HP fixed somehow
- undergroud passage

1.6.2f
- improved Reveal Weakness
- fixed creep acquisition range
- ESC to switch camera modes (DL only)

- doors
- fire trap change
- better balance
- chilling wind changed to instant

- growth upgrade fix
- lightning charger walkable
- HP bonus from strength reduced to 2.5
- "defensive" accesories now grant HP and HP regen instead of strength

1.6.0f:
- further strength nerf (strength now grants 7.5HP/point)
- different wall decorations for rooms
- fire trap walkable
- fixed crash on group ordering
- tile recycling for better performance
- fastened researches
- fixed "Advanced defences" tooltip
- growth upgrades in-game units

1.6.0e:
- fixed bug that alllowed multiple building in one room
- construction cancel room texture bug fixed

1.6.0:
- different room textures
- new guard room system
- separated minigame player from second dungeon player
- new rooms, new upgrades
- nerfed dungeon units (it is now pretty hard to play as dungeon lord)
- lich minigame temporarily disabled
- wands and staves inteligence bonus fixed
- changed amount of DL resources to 17/24/31/38 * round

1.5.2:
- new guide
- fixes in worker AI

1.5.1:
- boss now longer neutral hostile
- caster items remade
- heroes can send gold to each other
- Ability added for locating the last treasures
- minor fixes

1.5.0b:
- new type of boss - Hero party
- removed "find end" debug message

1.5.0:
- boss is now neutral hostile
- new improved worker AI

1.4.5:
- new feature - chaincasting - works for Arcane Magi only

1.4.5b:
- two heroes bug fixed
- brain disappering fixed
- lightning & stun fixed

1.4.5:
- fixed crash issue
- improved hero skill tooltips

1.4.4:
- fixed damage system
- improved guide for DL
- rally points
- reworked damage system (more effective coding)
- new minigames - Hero siege and Brain
- fixed buffsystem
- new usable items - drugs (see map development forum for more info)

1.4.3d:
- interface changes
- new items

1.4.3c:
- fixed bugs in worker system

1.4.3:
- new custom font (it may seem familiar if you played DK II)
- worker system - "smart" task assignment + includes auto-embracing!
- tooltips for buildings and heroes greatly improved
- new spell systems - same effects but much faster map loading time
- pipes are spawning now
- only a single entrance

1.4.2d:
- fixed major bugs

1.4.2b:
- changed miniboss system
- the detector trap
- fixed the round timer issues

1.4.2:
- new minibosses (not fully working)
- new trap
- rearranged building icons
- workers can clone themselves
- some new items

Keywords:
dungeon, dungeon keeper, RPG, warchasers, treasure
Contents

Dungeon Lords 1.6.3 (Map)

Reviews
10:14, 22nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Not bad, but still has a lot of work to put into it. First, a lot of lacking tooltips, badly written. Then missing hotkeys on many abilities and heroes. Then, the terrain should be improved. The dungeons don0t...
Level 4
i enjoy playing this map, but i found some bug :

-Paladin "blessing" have an infinite duration...
-when your are dungeon lord, your monster selector (banshee/necro) can be deleted if you move him in the playing area.
-worker did strange move ... i didn't understand ...
-when i play i 'm often diconnected...

some suggestions :
-more longer summoned units... it's not fun to already move them.
-less trap but more units !
-may evil lab/boss boster can had their own units ?
-plz, had another minigame, like a mini heros siege ...
-a more resistant boss, for a longer fight ?

Level 12
First of all, thanks for playing, nice thing someone understood how to play as dungeon lord:grin:

Blessing has a really long duration, but it shouldn't work forever, I shall look into that
Yeah, I didn't think of that when I added them the ability to move...
Workers move toward nearest work, the system is not complete yet, therefore workers move stupidly sometimes
I was never disconnected (propably because I was the host:grin:), but I didn't experience anyone disconnectin either, maybe you have weak CPU? Some of the pathfinding/digging algorithms can be pretty demanding

longer time.... I added rally points, so you don't have to move them manually (coming in next version sometime later today)
why less traps? I think it's more interesting with combination of units+traps than just units... anyway, there are already enought units, if you build the dungeon right, Heroes can't pass first room
evil lab, booster, treasure rooms are supposed to be the "vulnerable" buildings that the Dungeon Lords have to protect. It makes the game more difficult for dungeon lords, which is OK by me
More minigames coming of course, hero siege is a good idea and, so far I know, can be done very easily
Well I plan to add multiple bosses to choose from, so I will rework the whole bossfights then

Level 19
I played with 2 friends on the weekend and found a few glitches.
The most major of these is the fact that the necromancer is near-useless. He cant take over most undead, and CAN take over crypts from the Lich minigame!
Also, at one point I dug out a room, but the buildings dummy didn't appear...

Level 12
After several hours of settings I managed to run GHost and put up a server for Dungeon Lords, so I finally could test the game in large scale.
The greatest problem, besides players who leave before the main game starts/don't get how to build is the crashing+desynchronisation. I don't know what could the problem be, maybe the script require too much CPU...
So, if anyone knew about some lists of usual desync/crash sources, I would appreciate that...

Level 4
Played your game again, I thought was was a lot better this time around, except for one major issue.

I played twice on a 1v2 LAN game where i was the dk both times. I crashed both games in the middle of the preparations for the second round. I am pretty sure the heroes had just finished the minigame, and then I crashed.

Level 2
i'm just thinking fire trap is over power...if it lit on minions it will goes on never end . those poor heros will never stand a chance again the eternal flame it's about time.

and bull potion didn't were off to the end of the game. new heros advantage ? :p

last, what does parry help it seem useless...?

Last edited:
Level 2
i test your 1.4.5 and unholy bug still didn't fix ( and minion didn't have any upgrade lv at all, it might be a problem ?)

i mean the game still crash when up grade unholy strength.

just have a play, when upgrade growth, unholy strength upgrade will be gone.

Last edited:
Level 12
The rest of the researches have no effect, they shouldn't be a problem (no effect= the effect is fully triggered)
Rep added:grin:
Unholy strength was removed in 1.4.5, so the issue should be solved by that (for now)
2 heroes was a bug with berserker, as mentioned in post above

most of the other bugs will be solved in 1.4.5b, which will be out shortly
many thanks for testing

Level 19
How about this for a stealth system;
Instead of the overpowered Wind Walk ability, the Rouge should have a 1s Hide Ability (Make it always night, that would also make the game a bit more atmospheric and realistic :3) that is gained when she learns the first level of Stealth. The ability itself can be a triggered blink ability that does not turn off Hide (Begins Casting Ability?) that has a decreasing cooldown and mana cost with new level.
This would make it more interesting to play as the Rouge, while also making her less overpowered...

Level 12
Flames are not eternal, but limiting them to some duration cap is a good idea.
Bull Bully drug is bugged, I know about that.
Parry increases the heroe's agility for the purpose of dodge chance calculation. It definetelly works in higher levels (high agility and +100% parry), but it may seem useless on lower levels.

If I understand it correctly, rogue would have a all-time invisibility with a occasional blink-move?
It would be certainly more interesting to play, due to the movement restriction, but the ability to disapppear any time, repeatedly and with no cooldown (provided by the Hide), that would be even more overpowered.
The problem now is that all heroes are too weak. The "strength-based" heroes are the best, so far I seen, but others die too fast and don't do much damage. Leaving stealth overpowered couldn't hurt, if I manage to overpower all the caster heroes, which are weakest now.

Also, I started DL server a short time ago on Northrend battle.net server, keeping it up almost every afternoon :grin:. If anyone has any experience with GHost, I would like some advice (so far a bot joins every game, doesn't download and has to be manually kicked, because he blocks the game)

Level 12
Version 1.5:
In this version, I am presenting new, original feature called "Chaincasting". Basically, what it does is that each spell you cast will somehow affect the effect of the next spell. The spells have to be arranged in right order(=chain of spells, therefor the name "chaincasting", it's not very good, I know...)

Right now it's only avaiable for Arcane Magi (it tooks a lot of time to create, basically 16 new triggered spells)(two effects for Dispel are not yet done, I had no good idea for them), but I released a 1.5-beta version for purpose of testing chaincasting. Please report bugs, feelings, opinions and anything concerning Chaincasting.

Level 1
M0RT when i try to create game, i click create and my war3 closed
i'm using the last patch and v1.5 of ur map
i really wana try to play it, plz fix
tnx

Level 12
I have really no idea where the problem could be, works fine for me and worked fine when hosted on b-net. I will upload beta B version in a moment, maybe that would work for you. ( nothing new so far, except improving dodge/parry system (no longer using dodge ability, it's triggered now), it now doesn't say "miss", but "dodge" or "parry". It also uses improved formula( (1-0.995^agi) * 100 chance to dodge ) , when every point of agility has the same value.)

Level 12
Too easy to win? If you know how to build the dungeon, it's impossible to win for heroes. The problem is that if just build some dwellings, the heroes won't have any problems defeating them. But if you concentrate units from more dwellings (sometimes even 2 dwellings are enough), a massive army will be formed, which is impossible to defeat.

Which weapon was that? The axe?

Level 8
sooo

some bugs
the sound echoes (you have to disable custom sound environment in the map)

you can destroy the villagers and houses.... why?

for paladin it says your abilitys are based on inteligence, when you learn them, but when you use them it says they are based on your spellpower

on items you spelled it 'spell power' but on abilitys its 'spellpower'

how long does the palas blessing ability last? seems endless

i kinda could buy 2 red item things with 1 red shard (sword of a thousand truths and something else)

Level 12
Thanks for the bug report, and as I always do, there are my excuses for them:
the axe and sword: I recently rewrote the item system into one using hashtable (where I store all item data), so I typed in some mistakes while converting from old array-based system

spellpower: was introduced recently, it is basically the same thing as intelligence (the power of the spells was always determined by intelligence, spellpower is just a way that items can modify only the power of the spell without other benefits of intellect ). Therefore on some abilities it still says intellect, but really it means spellpower

blessing: should last one second for every point of spellpower

Level 10
Hey I tried the latest version, not too bad, you made a few updates that have really improved the game. I would like to see more diversity between the dungeon lord's units (i.e. the choice to change between skeletal warriors, or maybe ghouls) You should also add a third unit type that are spell casters, or use some sort of special ability. Like ghouls could leap at the players, or mages could use mana flare or something. A wider variety of choices and play styles for the dungeon lord is a necessity as it is now.

Also, REMOVE THOSE LEAKS! if you don't know how then I'll do it for you but they can get pretty bad. when we were playing the lag was so horrible we couldn't finish the third round, which is another thing, grant players the option of changing the amount of rounds.

Another complaint I received was after the first dungeon when a player enters the dungeon, they still see the pathways of the previous dungeon in the fog until they explore it, which is pretty confusing. I suggest granting an enabled visibility multiplier as the round resets (after all the new tiles are made but before the DM has a chance to build anything) that disables itself about 1 second after, this should refresh the fog for players. (should, I'm not quite sure)

And for the second time because this is important, MORE VARIETY FOR THE DM! I'm talking about Boss Choices, maybe ability choices for the boss (allowing them to be under player control so they can make a choice of 'hero abilities' but can only choose a certain amount based on the boss's level) then when the round starts the boss is transferred to the dungeon player. Also! DOORS! the dm's could Reeeaaaalllllyyyyy use doors. doors that can be assigned to a key that players can pick up, maybe an additional ability added to the rooms. "spawn key" so after the ability is selected a key will spawn when the room dies.

Fire trap appears to be bugged, in the game I was playing the trap would not damage the players, just their allies around them. When a player had been hit by fire, the fire would burn the fire trap, which doesn't make a lot of sense. I suggest making fire traps walkable, and they'll just deal instant damage to nearby units (permanent immolation) other than other fire traps.

Phew, I think that's about it right now. The game's getting better but it's nowhere near as good as it could be. If you need help, send it to me and I'll do whacha want.

-Teld

Edit: oh riiiiight, you should give all units an ability or upgrade to increase their strength and damage (separate from the research able one) that scales at the starting of the game based on how many player heroes there are, -1 for the number of DM's. (this would make the units much stronger in case there's only one DM, also I think nerfing the DM's units was a bad idea, instead you should allow the DM and players to vote on a difficulty as easy, normal, or hard. This option would set that previously mentioned upgrade up an additional level for normal, or two for hard. Now that the basics of the game are down you should work on both bug removal and additional content.

Edit2: I had a large concentration of spawns upon one area (about 20 creeps were there) and they were slaughtered without any hope of survival, even after I had upgraded them all... so from my experience the DM is really underpowered, but that'd be fixed with a wider variety and the previously mentioned upgrade.

Level 12
Thanks for your review, I really need it.

I already considered caster units, I know that all the units now are the same right now.

The map was always leak-free, maybe I added some leaks in the latest version. (considering the entire map is rebuilt 3 times, I would expect some units leaks, I will look onto them, if they are the problem somehow).

The amount of rounds can be easily adjusted, I can add the feature.

I do the exact thing you suggested with the visibility modifier already, it somehow won't work on terrain (maybe the wait time is too low and the terrain changes somehow slow)

Doors: there is a big problem with doors, they would be easily abusable. You could use them to "stuck" hundreds of creatures at one place, If you have played previous versions, you propably know how the game looks like then, heroes get killed in seconds.

I know fire trap isn't walkable, I just forget to fix it every time.

If 1 Dl plays, he gets the same resources as 2, but I know it's hard to build dungeon in 5 minutes alone, so your suggestion with upgrades would be useful.

Btw. how did you get 20 creeps to one room?

Last edited:
Level 10
I set up a guard room with two spawns to it (which is 5 each if I'm correct, maybe 4) anyways, I also noticed I could send them to rooms that weren't guard rooms, I had amassed a good sized army in the boss room once, I'm not really sure what's causing it. I'm assuming whatever trigger you used to prevent that isn't working too well. So anyways I just sent additional units to the guard room to continue the mass. Maybe you don't cancel the relay properly, or condition it correctly, maybe the limits of the world editor just don't allow it.

I could also see problems arriving if a player attempts to shift click their relays, I'm not sure what'd happen but I'm guessing it's along the line of sending units to places they really aren't supposed to go.

As far as doors go, you could add a trigger that'd auto-open them when a creep is nearby as long as a player isn't, thus allowing creeps to continue on their path while preventing clumping and player's entering when they aren't supposed to. I think some sort of underground passage would be good too (a building that works as a way point, allowing travel between two places of the dungeon that are far off) by using this you could make an area isolated from the rest of the dungeon, saying it's a second level of some sort. Just a suggestion though.

I noticed the lag increase significantly whenever the elementalist would cast her water spiral spell (not sure what it's called) so I'm guessing there's a leak there. Also, without DM controlled units the dm can't cause the supports to collapse (I used to suicide a unit or two to deal some damage to the heroes with the debris) so the supports seem a little useless to me as they don't appear to be targeted by AOE's either. (it'd be nice to see a part collapse if an AOE was cast a little off target, thus causing the melee to take some damage lol)

Level 12
I was trying to order two dwellings at one time and the game crashed :grin: Anyway should by able to send units to other rooms than guard rooms, but only one stack a room, except boss room, no units are allowed there.

Shift-clicking isn't an issue (I did only a little test, so maybe there could be a way to abuse that, too), because the trigger seems to detect every single click in the shift-click sequence, and sets the "real" rallypoint to the last room clicked.

It's more complicated with the doors, because if they have to work properly, they also need to be excluded from unit pathfinding (for units that could pass through them). So I thought of a system, where the doors don't have real pathing blocker. Units will pass through them all the times, they will open for them (so it looks good), and heroes will be "pushed" out by a trigger. It would be nice, but it seems like a ton of work and I can't get myself to start working on it (also, I can't decide whether to build doors on tiles, like in dungeon keeper, or on borders between tiles)

Underground passage could be done, I was thinking more like sending units from back of the dungeon to guard rooms in front, and once heroes conquer it, you collapse it, so they can't get to the dwellings, but both ways could be used ( if they should be used to divide the dungeon in 2 parts, they would have to be indestructible, so the heroes could loot the treasures in the second part). I am adding it to the "to do" list.

The problem with the spell could be that it "picks unit in range", which takes longer to find out with 1000+ units the game is using. That is the source of lags, not leaks. The problem is that each bookcase and pillar is a unit. If there are ~600 tiles + 25 units per room + whatever is spawned, it could easily get over thousand, mostly in the third round. I am thinking of changing bookcases to destructibles, which would also make them inflamable, but much less demanding on CPU.

Pillars are targeted by some AoE's, like Arcane missiles explosion (which is almost never used, it's chained effect of dispel. I once saw some magi with the axe using only blink to create lots of mirror images, which were quite powerful with the axe). Well it's true you can't collapse pillars, but I also thought of a system of indirect control of units, using double clicks. If DL double-clicks unit, he forces it to use it's special ability (would be useful once units get some abilities:grin:), double clicking a pillar forces them to collapse it, double clicking a pipe forces lightning-casters to cast there.....
Also, you can use traps to collapse them. If you put 2 lightning traps right under a pillar and third one somewhere else, it would blow both of them out, causing the pillar to collapse. (I am adding an option to lightning charger to turn it off, so it can be used in such way)

Level 12
Weren't good? How dare you? :grin: Nah, I am aware there are still some problems in the game, the new guard system improved the gameplay a lot. But even after the guard rooms and DL nerf, there are still ways to "autowin" the game. I currently know of two ways:
1) divide dungeon in 2 parts that are connected only through a single corridor. Build 6 lightning chargers to block the corridor. Then build many dwellings on one side, guard rooms on the second and send units to guard rooms. They will walk all the way to the lightning chargers and stuck there. If it is "by coincidence" on the entrance, heroes will be teleported right in the middle of an army.
2) divide the dungeon in the same way, build 2 guard rooms and 4 dwellings on each side, and send units from dwellings to the opposite guard rooms. If the timing is correct, two huge stacks of creeps will try to move through a narrow corridor in different directions, which will lead to a great stuck, again producing a crazy concentration of units at one place.

The lightning charger issue is going to be fixed by making charger only unbuildable instead of unpassable. If anyone had idea of how to fix the second part OR know about some other way of misusing game mechanics, I would like to hear about it.

Edit: also, there is a bug with Growth, units that are already spawned will "level up", which would make them stop and no longer count towards their dwelling's spawn maximum.

Edit2: growth bug fixed in 1.6.1, along with other things. Now I am finally working on the door scripts (so far it seems much easier that I expected. I was going to finish them this morning, but I "had" to play Diablo 2). I will implement some other features (e.g the auto-upgrade for DL that Teldrassil suggested), you may expect 1.6.2 over weekend.

Edit: doors are done now, working perfectly, I am releasing a door-testing version here.

Attachments

• opt-DL16-door-beta.w3x
    1 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Level 1
Great fun, well put together. The players were demanding I keep rehosting this.
Pros: Easy and fun to use build system, the mini-games were enjoyable as was dungeon delving.
Cons: Very limited number of monsters/traps.

I would also suggest a vote at the start of the game to change between 1, 3 and 5 rounds. You could add frost, poison. pitfall and/or ensnare traps, possibly.
Vote for approval.

Level 12
Thanks, I am glad you like it. The small amount of monsters is indeed an issue, I plan to add third type, casters, and more Dungeon Lords to choose from.
Problem with traps is that, speaking from my personal experience, very often I don't have time to even spend all my gold, the building time is very limiting. However, I am already planning a set of new features (shortcut to select closest worker to current camera position, different camera views, a tweak in the worker AI...) that would make trap building faster. If that works, I will start working on some more traps.

Level 3
I'd like to say you have a nice map idea going and I hope you perfect it, though I would like to point out an error that I don't think has been addressed(Though I could be wrong). With the hero trio boss, the healer just stands there and doesn't do anything, making the boss a bit easier than it's supposed to be.

Level 10
ah ha! told you ya needed more variety :p lol, anyways great job on the new version, I plan on playing it a few times this weekend so I'll edit this post with any other bugs I find, great job so far though keep up the good work.

-Teld

Level 12
Well there aren't that many changes in this version (the different cameras for dungeon lords, although it's not yet mentioned anywhere in the game, really help build the dungeon faster). The thing I am focusing on now are the heroes, which need to be improved somehow (mostly necromancer, blind seer and rogue) Blind seer already got his Reveal Weakness tweaked, but I can't think of an forth ability for him, ideas appreciated.
And I thank you for your interest in Dungeon Lords, you really helped improve this map. (As you may have noticed, you were added to credits couple version ago)

Level 12
Thanks, the revenge seems better than the other one, mainly because he already has one "seeing" ability. I thought he should have some damaging ability, but this seems offensive enough :grin:

EDIT: It seems Dungeon Lords were approved now, I just have no idea by whom, because he didn't leave any message. Well, thanks anyway

EDIT2: version 1.6.3 out, check changelog. Only thing I mention here is the underground passage (thank Teldrassil for this idea), in some newer version it's counterpart, teleporter pad is coming. It will be basically the same, but it is going to be indestructible and it will be counted towards the room connection test at the beginning of the round.

Last edited:
Level 17
It's a very good map, but there are some things that ruined it.
The not being able to control the units isn't so bad, but when you can only assign one group to one room it gets very annoying.
Half of my units can't fight against one hero that is owning the place simply because there is only one guard position.

Can't you make a second option called 'Defend Position', it can be used every 2 min and will protect any spot for 30 seconds? That would add some better unit control.

Level 12
Well the limit is intentional, without it all you had to do is send tons of spawns at one place (e.g. dungeon entrance) and when the heroes come, the massive army kills them in seconds. As you can imagine, it kinda ruined the fun.
And you can (and you should) use guard rooms, which have 2 guard positions, and can be researched & upgraded to 3 guard positions.
And its true what you say about heroes owning the place, strength heroes are still very powerful with the right equip (even though I have nerfed strength to almost no HP bonus).
And btw. there are still ways of concentrating huge amounts of units, you just need to be creative. You can, for example, send multiple groups of units to some room at the other end of dungeon in such way, that they all meet the heroes at one time.

The map is very nice, but personally, As a DL i get totally destroyed by just one hero (the berzerker) even though i have a powerful dungeon. also i think that the DL should loose the ability to build once the round has begun, but have the ability to either control some special forces or use special powers during the period while the hero is there, also, another DL force would be nice. Like Demons?

Level 12
I just tried playing as berserker, i got owned in the first round totally (by 2 dwellings with ghouls in a row), I won the second round (but with a little hp left), which was poorly built dungeon and owned the last round, which was even worse dungeon (2 dwellings in a row, then a boss lair and that was pretty much it). Still, even in the third round, I had some problems with a single dwelling with level 2 units, I think a guard room could have hurt me.
I see this possibilities: the berserker playing against you played as a god, or found a bug or used some superior item build, OR ghouls are overpowered compared to other creeps. You don't by any chances have a replay?
Another DL forces coming, but so far all the forces are so simillar to each other, that the choise between them almost makes no sence. I will add third unit type, casters, then maybe the difference between DL will be higher and there will be reason to adding some more forces.
About the special powers, I don't want to add another possibility to concentrate power at one location, I don't know if you played any previous versions (1.5 and lower), but they were pretty much about sending huge mass of creeps, and many traps, at a single location, where heroes die almost instantly upon entering. By combining creeps and traps it is possible to create very difficult place and if there were another way of concentrating danger in the same place (by throwing spells on heroes for example), it could lead to the stupid instant kill, which really just ruins the fun for everyone.
On the other hand, I plan adding some minor abilities to spawns, which then could by activated on DL's command. Now if I manage to design those abilities in such way, that proper use could influence the outcome of battle, it will be a very good option for DL to "kill time" during hero attack.

No, sadly I don't have the Replay, but it was just me and my brother on LAN, I was the skeleton commander, and yes, I have played this map not long after it came out, the upgrades make it much more balanced, but i feel as if as the DL i get pawned easily. And also, upgrading takes up a lot of time and lumber, if there was a way to reduce that, by making fewer, more powerful upgrades that would be good. Could you makethe spawns abilities automatic? like banshees automatically cast howl etc. and ghosts automatically blink around the room? just a suggestion, but i think the map has come along really well.

btw, in the game vs. the brezerker, i won easily on the firsst level but got totally pwned on the 2nd and third.

It would also be nice if the boss was player controlled, but only had a limited sphere of movment.

And how about a room that gives you more lumber and or gold next round? but perhapse you cannot defend? and some buildings needing bigger rooms? or they are more powerful if the room gets bigger? and perhapse trap rooms that automatically have fire traps pits lighting traps etc. This is the end of my ideas, i am going to re-design my dungeon with more guard posts, I'll let you know.

Level 12
The ablities are automatic, howl definetely works, I have seen mobs casting that all the time. Blink was removed in last version, replaced with evasion, because the computer AI just doesn't use it.
I can make boss player-controlled, because with the new system for floors, I now know what room the floor belongs to, so it would be possible to limit his movement just around the boss room. (The problem is that the room detection fails sometimes, it will require careful digging in the boss room, otherwise it could cause boss to be unable to enter half of his room)
I could add the lumber and gold bonus to treasure room, it is not as useful now as it could be.
The other ideas about room with larger area, I can't think of any specific rooms that would logically require that, but it can be added (although the larger area requirement will need another tweak in the dungeon building system, which is always acompanied with many new bugs). But I feel that if it would require large room, there should be something actually happening in the room, so the player feels the requirement is real and not just game system.

Btw. if you use some common dungeon scheme, could you send a screenshot? I am interested in what other players have thought off.

Alright, i will send you one, but, i have sorta re-done my scheme...
oh and by the way, I was playing one of ther earlier 1.6 versions, i have just gotten the new update, i will see what you have done. I could see some use in bigger (or smaller) buildings, for the guard post, you should add tables and tourture equipment to automatically appear, unless you do already, size could dictate the effectiveness of the room, a bigger guaard room allows more guards, etc. just ideas, i am gonig to test the new version now, i will get back to you.

Ok, i am back, i tested the new map, and i'm afraid i can't show my new strategies ye cause' with the new race, doors, underground tunnels etc. i will have to work out a new one.

But I think that you shoudl add trap rooms, like dart traps, trap doors, spike pits fire traps etc. and the traps are automatically placed. Also i think that bigger rooms should be enabled. how about a type of room that si called a 'Maze' its massive, and has randomly placed walls that are really close toghter and are her to get to. just some ideas, hope you like em'

Level 12
Ok trap room doesn't seem that bad, I could try adding it, how it will change the game.
The maze seems very interesting, but I am afraid it would be crazy to program. I honestly have no idea how to make such thing, how to ensure, that there always will be connection between entrances and how to handle new tiles, that were just dug out. If I come up with an idea, I will consider it.