• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grand Battle v2.06

Map Description

The characters of video game and anime, have had a long rivalry that began since the last battle. Now they plan to fight in a great battle that will decide once and for all who is better.

Visit the forum: http://grandbattle.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Rankings

You can access the online rankings at Azeroth Inn. This online ranking gathers the scores from account data and sorts the accounts in descending order.

To join the online rankings, you will need to setup an account first through Azeroth Inn. Make sure to fill in the required data fields and that you fill in the battle.net id that you use to play the game. The battle.net id that you fill in must match the one that the encrypted code uses to authenticate.
regisui7.jpg

After your account is setup, if you don’t have a code, start playing game. Winning a game will get you +2 rep, losing a game will get you only +1 rep. The encrypted code will be given to you at the end of the game.
35383362hd3.jpg

Once you receive this code, upload it to your account in that website.
accnp3.jpg

Enter your code
codeip0.jpg

When playing another game, you will need to load your progress using your current encrypted code.
loadks9.jpg

Note:save/load system not available at Single Player Mode
Changelog

v2.06

------ FEATURES
[X] Added new items: Potion of Agility, Potion of Strength, Potion of Intelligence.
[X] Increased Hollow Mask size.
[X] Changed Headprotector's model aura.
[X] New Hidden Character: Numemon.
[X] Add ".unstuck" command.

PS:
To play as Numemon, pick Bomberman, while in Shop Area (before the game start) type ".stinky" without quote.

------ BALANCE
[X] Increased selection scale for these heroes/units: Donald, Sakura, Bomberman, Donkey Kong, Haunter, Naruto, Large Body, Shadow.
[X] Increased scaling value for these heroes: Bomberman, Mumbo.
[X] Decreased Ichigo scaling value.
[X] Increased Frozen Blast damage from 300/400/500 to 400/500/600.
[X] Increased Bomb radius from 250 to 300.
[X] Reduced Reset Timer mana cost from 140 to 25.
[X] Reduced Reset Timer cooldown from 45/30/15 seconds to 30/16/2 seconds.
[X] Increased Bomb cooldown to 3/2.5/2/1.5 seconds.

------ BUGS
[X] Fixed Skull Bash tooltip.
Keywords:
anime, arena, hero arena, video game, FF, naruto, AI, pokemon, digimon, mario, ctf, lina, inverse, yoh, ryuk, mario, super, smash, brawl, samus, mumbo
Contents

Grand Battle v2.06 (Map)

Reviews
14:14, 29th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: Great packaging of the map, proper crediting, I checked it and everything looks fine, seems to work and it has nine mini moderator Thumbs Ups, Approved. I won't be reviewing it fully, so you won't get a...
Level 3
Hmm I was ichigo and the bankai flicker thingy went off as the round ended, and when it went back to the shop area, I wasn't invuln. I think you should be able to zoom out more, and I don't really like how you get all your skills from the start. Other then that, just need more heroes and items (and maybe a FFA mode!).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Such a complex ranking system.... What is to stop people cheating?

I could just extract the code generator from the map and get it to generate all kinds of hideously large values.
Basically who says you actually need to play a game for you to enter your code from the site and get a new one to submit to it. Just extract those parts of the map and combine them together.

Really, what is the point of such ranking systems.

Level 2
I say it needs to be re-done..and make it how the old one was. Not saying its a HORRIBLE map but..just needs work. It doesn't feel like Grand Battle, but more like Super Smash Brothers..:bored:

Level 6
there is a bug with subzero. If you transform into a bear while in the shop area, you turn vulnerable, and you can be killed. Also, i think you switched the hotkeys for animality and frozen rain thingy (i pressed R and it used animality, instead of the rain thingy)

dunno if someone already mentioned it though :)

Level 4
i am starting to get the feeling that patch 1.24 had no real purpose besides killing many a games and trying to push people towards blizzards new games, because i assume they can't legally just kill wc3 battlenet

oh and i played, i get the feeling bomberman is bad

Level 6
yep, 1.24 barely has any real purpose... however it does have one - killing the wc3 virus.

anyway, back to the map...

Bomberman is really, really weak. Bombs barely do any damage. Sure they also barely have any cooldown but it really isnt worth it - your mana is wasted by the time you are able to deal "some" damage. I'd rather have the burst damage of king kong (barel-banana-charge-punch combo) than a minor constant damage which results in barely any effect. I'd say give bombs more damage & add 2 different abilities for frost and fire bombs.

And as i said, you should fix the metamorphosis bug with subzero (and Ichigo i guess), but i also got a bug with the digimon. I used the gaia (or something) spell (you know, the big black ball one), and it turned me vulnerable.

Also, i personally dislike the current item system - i think the previous one was better (the one with combining the same item) . Now it kinda looks like a bunch of tossed in items.

(oh, and the invulnerable potions are really imba, and not to mention the invisible thingig)

And yeah, FFA... deffinitely :p

Bugs and suggestions aside, i think this is a great map :D . When the battle starts it is massive xD . I really like it, it is really fun. Gets a well deserved 5/5 :)

Level 12
Such a complex ranking system.... What is to stop people cheating?

I could just extract the code generator from the map and get it to generate all kinds of hideously large values.
Basically who says you actually need to play a game for you to enter your code from the site and get a new one to submit to it. Just extract those parts of the map and combine them together.

Really, what is the point of such ranking systems.

Lol, really its the only ranking system other than a ghost bot to SQL...

If I'm mistaken, can you post to another place that has web ranking linked with in-game ranking that does not use ghost bot?

Level 8
Bugs

I found some bugs:
1. When pikachu use volt tackle, dummy that cast volt tackle and pikachu can be dragged and can be moved, if you want to see it, look my attached screen shot.
2. AI can, cast spell to invisible player precisely, AI also follow invisible player.
3. When sub-zero use animality in shop area, he is vulnerable.
4. Sometimes, when someone choose random and get hero, there is some chance that other people (when he/she use random) can get same hero.

Please fix this

Attachments

• Bug.jpg
    Bug.jpg
    670.8 KB · Views: 148
  • invisiblity bug.jpg
    invisiblity bug.jpg
    706 KB · Views: 88
  • sub-zero.jpg
    sub-zero.jpg
    741.2 KB · Views: 95
  • two ichigo.jpg
    two ichigo.jpg
    651.9 KB · Views: 107
Level 16
UPDATED!

Code:
v2.01

- Players no longer can cast spells in shop area.
- AI players can't detect the invisible units now.
- Pikachu no longer can be controlled while casting volt tackle.
- Fixed banana throw's cooldown :))
- Reworked Bankai: Tensa Zangetsu.
- Replaced Animality with Ice Slide.
- Reduce ice ball and ice clone freeze duration.

Level 3
I have always had a love hate relationship with this map, it has good models and all my favorite heroes but when i see the spells I'm bored out of my mind, the only spell that i think looks fitting is Samus' best spell. When it comes to hero arenas with me, i need uber spells like fight of characters type spells. These ones bore me. Not only are they boring but they usualy kinda suck for how hard they are to use (especialy kamehameha and spirit bomb)

Level 16
I have always had a love hate relationship with this map, it has good models and all my favorite heroes but when i see the spells I'm bored out of my mind, the only spell that i think looks fitting is Samus' best spell. When it comes to hero arenas with me, i need uber spells like fight of characters type spells. These ones bore me. Not only are they boring but they usualy kinda suck for how hard they are to use (especialy kamehameha and spirit bomb)

i'll improve the spells, especially the special effect things :grin:

You should consider reworking the round and arena gameplay. Add more flexibility in game modes allowing players to select a variety of ways to battle and have fun, other than just fighting for a brief period and mass casting spells.

Telling ya...the old one is still superior in every way..:sad:

well i'll add more game modes then :smile:

Level 16
UPDATED!~9 Oct 2009

Code:
v2.02

- New Items.
- Players can choose game modes now.
- Fixed ice ball bug.
- Fixed Volt Tackle bug.
- Added statistic board when the game finished.

Ps: Once the refinements are done (fixing bugs, balancing etc. etc.), I'll be adding new heroes, modes, items, improve AI (to Build items,Retreat, etc.).

Level 8
Bug

I found bug:
Donkey Kong's and Black Wargreymon's spell that knock back enemy (I forget the name), knockback allies too (The spell knock back allies too).

Level 1
hm i played the new version and...it still doesnt feal as much fun as the old versions =/
bring back those recipes, upgradeable items and upgradable skills( u know when u lvl up...the the usual way)

oh and u might wanna change bombermans main attribute to int cause thats the only thing he need =X(i would appreaciate to buff him a lil more too)

Level 7
First let me say i LOVED this game. Loved as in not anymore....When i say that there was a new version i DLed it right away. then i played it.......As some have said b4 old version is MUCH better. I still like this map though dont get me wrong i would give it 3.5/5 and the older version would get 4.5/5!

Level 16
I found bug:
Donkey Kong's and Black Wargreymon's spell that knock back enemy (I forget the name), knockback allies too (The spell knock back allies too).

it's supposed to knockback allies and enemies, but only do damage to enemies, if not like that the caster will get stuck when crashes allies.

hm i played the new version and...it still doesnt feal as much fun as the old versions =/
bring back those recipes, upgradeable items and upgradable skills( u know when u lvl up...the the usual way)

oh and u might wanna change bombermans main attribute to int cause thats the only thing he need =X(i would appreaciate to buff him a lil more too)

i'll add those systems later :grin:. And i though bomberman main attribute is int, my bad it's agi :ugly:

First let me say i LOVED this game. Loved as in not anymore....When i say that there was a new version i DLed it right away. then i played it.......As some have said b4 old version is MUCH better. I still like this map though dont get me wrong i would give it 3.5/5 and the older version would get 4.5/5!

don't worry, i'll add heroes, and some new content?

and don't forget you can choose to play in classic mode (the former arena) or in brawl mode (the fast-paced one) :smile:

Level 3
What the hell?

I downloaded an updated version of the map, and its so crap now.

The AI sucks now, the terrain sucks, the hero selection sucks (seems like half are missing), the items suck (only items you can ever afford are tomes), and basically all the other good points about the map are gone!

Did you upload the wrong map or something?

Level 16
What the hell?

I downloaded an updated version of the map, and its so crap now.

The AI sucks now, the terrain sucks, the hero selection sucks (seems like half are missing), the items suck (only items you can ever afford are tomes), and basically all the other good points about the map are gone!

Did you upload the wrong map or something?

did you download the v2.02? you can choose the former arena, and i will add more features later :hohum:

Level 12
Cool I've seen alot of improvements.

I'll add to download section when you finish the next update.

Also I advice to fix this issue:

I noticed that this game has a marginal imbalance. When a team wins, its margin is greater, therefore making other teams almost impossible to beat it after 2-3 consecutive wins.

How about add a system, where if your hero dies, you lose gold and the killer gains gold. However, the amount of gold you lose is greater when you have consecutive wins.

Level 3
I can't open the map.The player names and colours will not be shown, instead, the names and colours of the game I played last will show up.(e.x.: After I played Dota, the forces still show scourge and seninel)also,When I press start game, the game doesn't start, can anyone help me in this?