• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dual Melee Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
He meets the requirements, but where is his partner?
I am not sure if you can sign up by now...

Level 3
Unfair Disqualification from the Tournament

Because you simply joined to play for a key.
You registered in April, made 50 posts in ONE day and you got multiple neg-repped by Ralle himself because of that.
It would be unfair including you for this. All you did was spamming and that's not what we want.
I am sorry but this is for members which reside on THW for a longer time then that.
Otherwise it would be unfair.

I'm sorry xarwin, but legally speaking I am totally entitled to take part in this melee tournament. In the requirements section, it said the candidate must be either "..." or "...." or "posted at least 50 posts". I have fulfilled that requirement and therefore, regardless of the relevance or utility of my posts, i have every right to participate. You never said something of the likes of "if you posted 50 posts on one day" or "you got bad rep from Ralle" then the administrator reserves the right to disqualify you.

Besides that, you can check the 50 posts I wrote on the site (which took me about 2.5 hours to write) and a lot of them are actually quite thoughtful. When I commented on certain maps or ideas, I briefly tested them out AND then wrote the comment. It is not only illegal, but immoral for you to disallow my participation in this melee tournament.

I am expecting a sincere reply soon,
orcyngiser

Level 13
I'm sorry xarwin, but legally speaking I am totally entitled to take part in this melee tournament. In the requirements section, it said the candidate must be either "..." or "...." or "posted at least 50 posts". I have fulfilled that requirement and therefore, regardless of the relevance or utility of my posts, i have every right to participate. You never said something of the likes of "if you posted 50 posts on one day" or "you got bad rep from Ralle" then the administrator reserves the right to disqualify you.

Besides that, you can check the 50 posts I wrote on the site (which took me about 2.5 hours to write) and a lot of them are actually quite thoughtful. When I commented on certain maps or ideas, I briefly tested them out AND then wrote the comment. It is not only illegal, but immoral for you to disallow my participation in this melee tournament.

orcyngiser

Lol :p

Level 11
Dude this contest is for active hive members who actually contribute, even a little, not for every single "drood" that wants a beta key and will probably newer come here again...

Level 49

orcyngiser

The point of those rules is to not let any random person join one day and get a BETA key. Those keys are for THW members, not for people who join JUST for a BETA key.

Level 3
I really, really do NOT care about what you "sidewatchers" are saying. What I care about is being put into the melee tournament brackets, which, I expect, will happen soon. The fact pointed out by crimson_guard is true, it is now past the expiration date for bracket results. The problem is, how am I supposed to report on a match I wasn't even given? Stupid users here...

btw check account creation date and melee tournament thread creation date. Now will you calm down?

Level 49
Argh, you're one heck of an annoying person, are you not? The contest join date is OVER. You CAN'T join the contest anymore. If the WEBMASTER OF THE SITE didn't even like you, how would you expect him to give you a beta key? One of those beta keys that he received to give to MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY, not random people who register just to get a key.

Level 11
I vote he gets a boot (out of Hive).
Sorry for being hostile, but this is first time anyone saw you, you have a lot of negative rep (same as positive) and are not very helpful. So no...

Level 3
this site is a f***ing joke. You guys always blabber about "rules first" and your idealistic beliefs, respect to other users and what not. When I simply want a shot at gaining a beta key, i'm not even given an opportunity, and instead of being backed up by the community, im being trashtalked and insulted. I STILL insist on being included in the brackets, since i have followed the rules outlined in the first post and i find it VERY unfair i wasn't included in the first place.

Level 11
this site is a f***ing joke. You guys always blabber about "rules first" and your idealistic beliefs, respect to other users and what not. When I simply want a shot at gaining a beta key, i'm not even given an opportunity, and instead of being backed up by the community, im being trashtalked and insulted. I STILL insist on being included in the brackets, since i have followed the rules outlined in the first post and i find it VERY unfair i wasn't included in the first place.

That's the problem. You can't just simply have a shot at it, you have to be an accepted member of the community. And you my friend are not. And that's a BIG "NOT"!

Plus the rules say (ones that you so much rely on) that you MUST have joined BEFORE APRIL. And you have not. End of story.

Level 8
well hailfireer thats wad i call a 'in your face fools' tactic ...

Oh BTW orcyngiser if u say THW is a f***ing joke then you may left and dun worry i doubt anyone would be srry if you do cos from what i read, you have been consider an outcast...

Last edited:
Level 4
We all want a Beta key, that;s why were here, like previously said you did just pop up and start posting like crazy. THW has been around for a bit, many people joined for reasons involving WC III maps and resources. It is a community and the codes were given to the community. All community's have citizenship, so while yes you joined this community- you have of yet gained citizenship and therefore cannot gain Hive Citizenship benefits.

How would you feel if you raised money for some one with cancer, and the family used this money to buy a flat screen TV, and did not tell you their kid had recovered from cancer?

*This may have been said before, just differently.*

:thumbs_down:

Oh also; TROLL!!!!

:mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha:
:spell_breaker::spell_breaker::spell_breaker::spell_breaker::spell_breaker::spell_breaker:

Level 12
Posted Xarwin a replay of one of the 'battles' in a PM.

To you who keep whining: the points have been given, if you dont qualify, then you dont. end of story.
If you dont like these rules, simply leave this site, you dont just randomly pop out of a hole and join a contest for a key, not here and most likely anywhere else.

Level 49
orcyngiser, you don't get it. Ralle, the guy who owns this damn site(and yes, that includes YOUR account), has received 100 beta keys to redistribute to WORTHY PEOPLE who are accepted as MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY. You obviously joined this site ONLY for a BETA key. Not to discuss triggers. Not to contribute resources. Not even to visit it once per week or so. You just want a BETA key. After you will get that damn BETA key you'll just leave the site.

Level 12
let me quote that for you:
Everyone has 2 to 3 days in order to meet their opponent and to play against him.
nuff said.

EDIT: it seems happycockroach deleted his post.
So this i keep this as a reminder.

Level 19
orcyngiser, you weren't punished for nothing by Ralle himself and the arguments have been told, this discussion ends right here. I won't allow a random user to gain a key.
P.S. I updated the rules for your comfort.

Now then people, let's take a look at the contest. It appears there are still 5 people who need to play, I extended the time 'till 04/05/2010. If they don't play before that time they're out.

@ HoBoSyrian I am sorry, apparently I missed it. You can play against Hunter9G. I updated the list. Also, that's why I increased the time limit.

Level 4
Alrighty then. time to face the hobo. but he knows the streets 0_0.
lol anyways,, priv me time and date of game and ill cya there

Level 3
There are quite a few more rounds to go. Either just the final winner gets it or maybe top 3 like the other tournaments, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.