• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Next Melee Tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
After a successful melee tournament I'd like to know the opinions for the future tournament.

What kind of game would you like to play this time?

-> 1 versus 1 again
-> 2 versus 2
-> FFA -> First loser out
-> Your opinion?!

( Tournament shall be more advanced now, so losers have a second chance)

Discuss!

- Heero

Level 2
The only thing I don't like about FFA-FLO is that they become prone to someone getting ganged up on. Granted, it happens in real-life warfare(and thus the reason you have allies!), but it's a pretty crappy feeling when you realize everyone's gunning for you at once...I've had my friends do it to me all the time on SC. <_<

I'd be all for some team play or 1v1, though. =)

Level 4
heres my opinion

1 versus 1? agree...
2 versus 2? a little agree, because one player will be ganked, even this is strategy and teamwork advancement needed
3 FFA -> First loser out, dont agree, some player will teamed up

i think 1 vs 1 is more balance and better

Level 12
I like the idea of a 1v1, but perhaps this time:
Placing ppl into groups initially, where top 2 qualify and then moving onto the knockouts like previous tournament. (Like the football/soccer World Cup).

Level 6
A double bracket system would work.

Winner vs winner loser vs loser and so on.

winnerbracketuf1.jpg

loserbracketfr9.jpg

Level 6
Ye, well you can do all matches Bo3 and the Final Bo5, and you don't need a deciding match for third and fourth place.

Status
Not open for further replies.