• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragonball Z ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I've been preparing and updating models for beta 0.4, and i've added new animations to piccolo and i've been preparing a new model for "Super Garlic Jr"

supergarlicjr.jpg

Level 3
it's little gross.. texture for legs is little ~_~.. and looks like he dont wear any pants :D

Level 19
Hey, Hubcool

I haven't been hiding anywhere i've just been lurking in the shadows.
But i've just been re-working on animations, and learning more about modeling and triggering so i can improve my triggers when its my turn to continue working on Beta 0.4, and improve the game play, and make the triggers even more full proof,

Yours RD

Level 4
Yeah Baron I enjoy looking into it because after all I have been here from the begining. I've been enjoying watch this map growing and also i have enjoyed trying it. If you ever need more beta testers I am available for it.

Marley499

Level 19
hmm okay and tried your multiplayer map and its kinda bugged and it laggs alot but even with the lagg and bugs its still kinda good but hope it get better with time

Yeah,

Lucky Beta 0.4 Will be coming out soon with the following Changes:

- Terrain Improvements
- Memory Leaks Fixed
- Triggers Fixed
- New Model for super Garlic Jr (If i get it done in time)
- New Saga's After i've finished working on some

Level 19
Updates: Beta 0.4

- New Models (Super Garlic Jr, Gogeta, Vegito)
- Updated Terrain
- Updated Triggers
- Gogeta and Vegito Transformation added
- Less Lag
- LesS Memory Leaks

Pictures:

Attachments

• 6) 23 September 2009.jpg
    6) 23 September 2009.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Gogeta.jpg
    Gogeta.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Vegito_Normal.jpg
    Vegito_Normal.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Vegito_SSJ.jpg
    Vegito_SSJ.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 119
Level 19
Nice Can't wait Red-baron and i'm redoing some of my models like Vegeta, Goku, Piccolo, and others again and making the animations smoother and better, and adding particle effects to them as well like i've done with Gogeta, Vegito on a few animations like

Big Bang Kamehameha Charge
Kamehameha Charge
Stardust Breaker Charge
Spirit Sword Animation (Used a Team Glow/Sword geoset like the ones used on lightsaber on his right hand)

Level 19
Well i'm roughly saying around a month to two months but it depends on how fast i can get these updates finished, and sorted out and made sure all these currents bugs are fixed.

Rd

Beta 0.4a is out!

Edit:/ following below will be in Updated in Beta 0.4b
Following Changes are being done(Nearly Finished):
- Fixed "Death Impact" & "Masenko" & "StarDust Breaker"
- Reduced range of blasts (So they don't go as far now)
- Added more information onto some spells
- Fixed a few spells
- Reduced "Raditz" damage and stats
- Working on Tournament
- Working on Namek

Last edited:
Level 19
We are currently working on Beta 0.5 and following changes are being implanted so it will take a few more months:

- World Tournament
- Cell, Future Trunks
- Cell and Buu System being finished and redone
- Ultimate skills being rejusted and updated
- Spells being re-developed
- Triggers being tweaked and removed and compressed together.

Level 19
Well i believe i found another reason why a few people were lagging or dropping

my "Mana Drain System" was doing alot of checking and processing within every 0.10seconds so i removed this event and trigger and created an easier way to drain mana by creating a few Item abilitys attached to the Item Transformations which you obtain when you transform for those saiyans. Which saves and stops alot of leaks and crashes.

Also been changing and fixing a few more leaks behind the scene's getting alot of things cleaned up and fixed in beta 0.5

Level 35
my "Mana Drain System" was doing alot of checking and processing within every 0.10seconds so i removed this event and trigger and created an easier way to drain mana by creating a few Item abilitys attached to the Item Transformations which you obtain when you transform for those saiyans. Which saves and stops alot of leaks and crashes.

Nice - I should spotted that :hohum: If it was the same in the last file?

Level 19
Ah, probably you did but i always forget what i'm pose to fix but just updated the mana drain, and broly's cinematic Gigantic Meteor event at level 3 ability, and also been tweaking around with a few triggers and i'll add two new chracters in later on around 0.6/0.7

A few more changes in Beta 0.5:

- Added more Creeps to Hell
- Changed Heaven Trainning Creeps a tad, and Added another trainning Unit
- Fixed up Gigantic Meteor now Only Broly enters Cinematic Mode
- Fixed up Heat Dome Attack now Future Trunks plays Animations
- Fixed up Zarbon & Dodoria Saga
- Decreased Lag
- Removed Darkness
- Broly weakend Buff has been improved and fixed (Now stays on when hero dies)
- Fixed Respawn Bug
- Mutliboard "Player Has Left The Game" has been changed to "Left Game"
- Fixed "Defeat and Victory" Condition
- Fixed Broly's Weakend buff
- Made Raditz a set level
- Fixed Stats after coming out of Oozaru also add the feature what ever you have whilst in oozaru or normal form will be transfered across.

Last edited:
Level 24
Ah, probably you did but i always forget what i'm pose to fix but just updated the mana drain, and broly's cinematic Gigantic Meteor event at level 3 ability, and also been tweaking around with a few triggers and i'll add two new chracters in later on around 0.6/0.7

A few more changes in Beta 0.5:

- Added more Creeps to Hell
- Changed Heaven Trainning Creeps a tad, and Added another trainning Unit
- Fixed up Gigantic Meteor now Only Broly enters Cinematic Mode
- Fixed up Heat Dome Attack now Future Trunks plays Animations
- Fixed up Zarbon & Dodoria Saga
- Decreased Lag
- Removed Darkness
- Broly weakend Buff has been improved and fixed (Now stays on when hero dies)
- Fixed Respawn Bug
- Mutliboard "Player Has Left The Game" has been changed to "Left Game"
- Fixed "Defeat and Victory" Condition
- Fixed Broly's Weakend buff
- Made Raditz a set level
- Fixed Stats after coming out of Oozaru also add the feature what ever you have whilst in oozaru or normal form will be transfered across.

The beta promises a lot,it's awesome :grin:

Level 4
Dear all makers of map,

I wanted to speak about an idea for your map. I think you should make this map more a time based game. For instance you have made Gohan start as his eldest form. I think that to make the map even better you should start him as Kid Gohan and progress him through the sagas. The same with transformations such as Goku actually dying and going to King Kai to train and learn the Kaioken, and Frieza killing Krillin for him to achieve Super Saiyan. Admittedly thats just an idea but you have to decide.

From Marley499

Level 35
Dear all makers of map,

I wanted to speak about an idea for your map. I think you should make this map more a time based game. For instance you have made Gohan start as his eldest form. I think that to make the map even better you should start him as Kid Gohan and progress him through the sagas. The same with transformations such as Goku actually dying and going to King Kai to train and learn the Kaioken, and Frieza killing Krillin for him to achieve Super Saiyan. Admittedly thats just an idea but you have to decide.

From Marley499

Whuut? You are aware that the multiplayer version is meant to be entertaining and make people want to play the campaign map (original idea) in which all those things you have mentioned are included... We could do as you suggest, but could result in some rather annoying imbalances.

For now - I will presume we are going to stick with the character buff-up system we have, although you have a point.. but we might change it later... And the campaign does have it already.

Level 35
I had a look over the map and it looks promising,but in my opinion you still have to improve more :)
Constructing a map based on DBZ requires time,the appropriate resources and of course project members eager and able to help you.

Ehh.. You do know that we have been working in this for years right? I don't get you comment at all.... Its a beta you have tried and we have done and are doing exactly what you said.. So the purpose of the comment is what? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.