• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon Icon Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Pyrite's section of the project he says that the icons here will be used on hist project. I can give you a link to prove that if you want.
Therefore as i am also part of the project, i feel i should give him my opinion.

Yup. Oh, and Werewulf's been busy making some uber dragon icons. Not just for me, mind you.

Well there you go.

Argh, now I have to go reimport them all again :<

Hey Werewulf, could you make those

BTNDragonClaws.jpg
BTNDragonTalons.jpg
BTNDragonDaggers.jpg
BTNDragonMuscle-1.jpg
BTNDragonStrength.jpg
BTNDragonPower.jpg

BTNDragonScales.jpg
BTNDragonCarapace.jpg
BTNDragonPlates.jpg
BTNDragonBarbs.jpg
BTNDragonProtrudition-1.jpg
BTNDragonSpikes.jpg

BTNDragonSwiftWings.jpg
BTNDragonWarriorWings.jpg
BTNDragonLordWings.jpg

in blue/azure dragon style ? That would be very cool. And would be very cool for my project.

MMM IS this what you are looking for General Frank ???

View attachment BGR_BTNDragonBarbs.bmpView attachment BRG_BTNDragonBarbs.bmp View attachment CMY_C_BTNDragonBarbs.bmpView attachment CMY_M_BTNDragonBarbs.bmpView attachment GBR_BTNDragonBarbs.bmp View attachment GRB_BTNDragonBarbs.bmpView attachment HSV_H_BTNDragonBarbs.bmpView attachment HSV_S_BTNDragonBarbs.bmp
View attachment HSV_V_BTNDragonBarbs.bmpView attachment NEG_BTNDragonBarbs.bmpView attachment RBG_BTNDragonBarbs.bmp
View attachment RGB_G_BTNDragonBarbs.bmpView attachment RGB_B_BTNDragonBarbs.bmpView attachment RGB_R_BTNDragonBarbs.bmp

If you are looking for something like this i think i can help. Besides it's really very easy to do, you can do it yourself if you read my icons tutorial.

Anyway, i attached a winrar file with ONLY this icons. If you want the other let me know.

Btw, i know this icons belong to wolf, but i am just trying to help.

Attachments

• Changed Dragon 1.rar
    99.3 KB · Views: 36
MMM IS this what you are looking for General Frank ???

View attachment 17318View attachment 17319 View attachment 17320View attachment 17321View attachment 17322 View attachment 17323View attachment 17324View attachment 17325
View attachment 17326View attachment 17327View attachment 17328
View attachment 17329View attachment 17330View attachment 17331

If you are looking for something like this i think i can help. Besides it's really very easy to do, you can do it yourself if you read my icons tutorial.

Anyway, i attached a winrar file with ONLY this icons. If you want the other let me know.

Btw, i know this icons belong to wolf, but i am just trying to help.

Hmm, not really. There just too basic recoloured.

Level 5
How about you make Dragon Vision Icons?
Lemme explain... You know, Dragons are almost blind, according to some Mythology book (Don't remember the Name)... You could make an upgrade set with a Dragon eye without it's pupil, then with a Pupil, then with a Pupil with a red iris (Condsidering that the one without the pupil, and the one after that don't have an iris).

Oh, and very nice Icons werewulf. I wish I'd have a scanner, then I'd send you some scetches (Started Art school 3 Months ago).
Anyways, +Rep from me.

Dragons aren't blind at all. Dunno where the heck you heard that from.

Oh, and Wulf, Passive buttons are PASBTN not just PAS. EDIT: Huh. I guess it doesn't matter actually.

Moar suggestions: Maybe a sort of stomp or something, and maybe something to do with dark/evil somethingorrather. (Not the breath one, more like the Spirit one or something like that.)

EDIT2:
BTNDragonFleet.jpg
BTNDragonTransformation.jpg
BTNDragonSpiritBond.jpg

Are not in the .zip.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Dragons are not blind, infact the opposit of that. As dragons are reptiles, they most likly have better eyesight than us. They can see colours more clearly and more of them than we can see. Also their eyes see at higher resolution than mamal's like our eyes.

Before you argue about this, mamals lost most of their eye sight when they evolved because they became nocternal. Infact nearly all mamals are colour blind and it is quite amazing that humans actually re evolved colour vision.

Mmmm i am not that sure Dr good.
Serpents are reptiles and they are nearly totally blind. They can see because they "smell" air.
Also crocodiles (another reptile), per example, have a very limited view. When they attack they are practically blind, because they a third eye cover.

There are only 2 examples here, but i could give you thousands of them.
Besides NOT all mammals evolved to become nocturnal, only a few members of the family did so. It is also truth that some mammals see only white and black, but it is wrong to generalize that most of them see that way.

Also reptiles have a smaller brain, and they are cold blooded, a color vision would require a bigger brain (like we do), and a faster source of information (warm animals have better brains, because their blood is more efficient in giving away "food" to the cells).
It makes sense to me that reptiles have a poor view, however, i won't generalize this affirmation.

I agree with the fact that "there is no guide for dragons". Dragons are mythical creatures, they only exist in the imagination of people, and therefore anyone can imagine a dragon the way he/she wants to do so.

Level 27
Dragons don't have a single definition...
Py, dragons aren't lizards with wings. Ever seen the Chinese Dragon? No wings.
Komodo Dragon? No wings.
However, for the sake of these icons, we should stick to the Western, or Warcraft style-dragons, but unless there is any lore on the Dragons' perception abilities, thats up for grabs too.
--donut3.5--

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Actually snakes can not see well, your right about that but thats because like mamals, they evolved to not use their eyes.

And the fact is that ALL mamals have bad eye sight. All mamals were nocternal at some stage of their evolution. Even gorilas are colour blind. Mamals lost two of the types of cones in their eyes, humans managed to re elvolve one of them, thus we can see colour.

What is a fact thou is that reptiles have absoulty few if not no rods. This means their night vision is horid, thus snakes use other sensors. As birds evolved from reptiles, they also have their good eye sight (example of an egal). The only reason owls can see in the dark is they use cones to see at night via letting extra light in through a bigger eye.

Also lizards and birds have a overall denser retiner, thus they have a higher sight resolution than us.

As far as brains go, yes lizards have small brains, but that by no means means they are stupid. Infact how smart a lizard is remains unproperly tested, but they definatly will not be able to remember as much as humans can. That how ever does not mean they do not feel pain or can not remember anything or are simple. A large amount of human brain power is wasted, afterall we can remeber a lot of useless crap we never need to remember. Remember that dragons are a lot bigger than a comon lizard, so they probably have a lot bigger brains, especially since they need to be able to fly which requires a lot more visual data interpertating so as to make sure they do not fly into objects.

You just under estimate reptiles, like most people do.

Also almost all dragons do have wings. The comodo dragon is just a species name, that does not mean they are actual dragons. Also the chines dragon often is pictured to have hair, which propper reptiles definatly do not.

Level 5
It wasn't my purpose to create some kind of riot. Uhhh.. Anyways, as some said already, Mythical Creatures do NOT have guidelines, and MYTHS are not FACTS. In fact, Myths were created to explain something, they themselves couldn't explain. So why argue? If Pyrite says they have Eyesight, then they do. And if I say they don't have Eyesight, they don't.
In the End, it's all up to werewulf, am i correct?

Level 27
It wasn't my purpose to create some kind of riot. Uhhh.. Anyways, as some said already, Mythical Creatures do NOT have guidelines, and MYTHS are not FACTS. In fact, Myths were created to explain something, they themselves couldn't explain. So why argue? If Pyrite says they have Eyesight, then they do. And if I say they don't have Eyesight, they don't.
In the End, it's all up to werewulf, am i correct?
QFT.
--donut3.5--

Level 1
where in fairyland do they take you, i have a cousin there that could be their mythical wingman in every meaning of the phrase

I swear to god, recolouring each one of these bastards one by one and making them to pas,dispas etc is a real pain in the ass. Im not doing anymore recolours.
BTNAzureDragonSwiftWings.jpg
BTNAzureDragonWarriorWings.jpg
BTNAzureDragonLordWings.jpg

BTNAzureDragonClaws.jpg
BTNAzureDragonTalons.jpg
BTNAzureDragonDaggers.jpg

BTNAzureDragonScales.jpg
BTNAzureDragonCarapace.jpg
BTNAzureDragonPlates.jpg

BTNAzureDragonBarbs.jpg
BTNAzureDragonProtrudition.jpg
BTNAzureDragonSpikes.jpg

BTNAzureDragonMuscle.jpg
BTNAzureDragonStrength.jpg
BTNAzureDragonPower.jpg

PS: Me, ef and dory were just screwing with you at wc3 irc, well mainly just me.

GO TO FIRST PAGE TO DL.

Werewulf, these icons are excellent recoloured to Azure Dragon theme and fit perfectly for my dragon race.

Well, i wanted to talk about reptiles and dragons lol , but is it is a little late for that ... and off-topic.
Just to make you know, Tyranossaurs and many dinossaurs were very large reptiles and most of them had a brain the size of an apple. Size of animals is not related to the size of their brains.

Also, Py, serpents have extra censorial abilities because they are nearly blind.
Crocodiles see well in dark, but so cats do. In fact they see as well as crocodiles, because the third eye member most crocodiles use reduces their sight greatly.

Anyway, they is no doubt about a question - there is no point arguing about dragons, as they never existed (except for comodo dragon).

Also, as well as mammals there are bird species which see as bad as we do, and black in white. The pigeon (example) does not have a sight that great - he can however see ultra violets better then we do, that's all. It is a requirement to find a mate.

Back to the icons, great work werewolf lol. However i still think you should change the background f the icons - black is just not that nice.

Level 14
WOW Wolf amazing +rep

well for a sugestion how about one were in the icon a bunch of dragons are in flight. (maybe could be used as like a reinforcment or summon spell)

Level 45
Okay, iv added 2 icons (not the zip files) and iv updated the first post to give it a more sexy and orgasmic feel.

The icons in wip (to be made or in process)
Breaths:
Undead Dragon breath
Abilities:
Another Dragon Flight icon
Poison tail icon
Units:
3 Nether Dragons
3 Undead Dragons
Upgrades:
Breath(fire defualt) Upgrade

As for recolour icons, iv thought about it and im less cranky on it. Since the already recolour ones have a fairly solid colour i may add black,red and yellow(bronze) if i have time (if i get most of the other icons done or no ideas atm).

There is a target of 100-30icons. Meaning a max of 130x4=520seperate files meaning those who import are gonna be in a big pain and the file size will be huge (2-3mb), so im going to ask some people about making file lists in mpq's so you dont have to type/cnp a path for each one manually.

Last edited:
Werewulf, most people are probably not going to import the entire package :p

I will! (Well at least most of them :3)

Those green ones, like the eye and the teeth are especially useful.

And if you're doing flying ones maybe a walking/running one could be useful for people too.

EDIT: Oh I see you're wanting command ones too... Maybe a tail pointing for a move, and... umm...

Of course not ones for all colors. I'll probably pick and choose ones from different color sets. For example if there was a spell icon for a blue dragon hero but it was in red then I could use the blue recolor for that one. And so on.

I'm not that crazy.

And my campaign already has 1478 imports; a few more wouldn't hurt :3

Level 45
Okay, iv updated the zip/rar now, it should have the new breaths and nether dragon and undead dragon ports (although im not too fond of the nether dragon, prepare for possible new ones) and other icons etc.

Iv also added the new icons to this post so it doesnt annoy people who only want the added icons and dont want to search for them through the whole full zip/rar.

Okay, so lets see whats coming up:
*Water breath
*Wind breath
and need 2 more last ones and not something stupid like shit breath.
and..mana breath? Nether breath and mana breath are kinda the same anyway so no.

Im also desperate for more ideas on ability icons and now im willing to take on alot of suggestions for item icons. I will give out rep to those who offer good suggestion and feedback to help me improve the pack, (I wont rep you more than once as I give out alot of rep (12 points, soon 13 when i reach 6k posts))

and remember to please note current dislikes and improvements I can make on current icons so I can update them and add them with new icons next time I update the pack.

Attachments

• DragonIconPackv1.5PART.rar
    254.3 KB · Views: 39
  • DragonIconPackv1.5PART.zip
    256.2 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.