• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon Icon Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
BTNDragonWingDefence-1.jpg
BTNDragonRise-1.jpg
BTNDragonDraconisBattleArmour.jpg
BTNDragonAttack-1.jpg

updated, the blue dragon..err.. purple blended too much with the wings, and the blue...i thought i could make it..bleh..you get the idea....

Attachments

• partupdate1.rar
    109.8 KB · Views: 42
  • partupdate1.zip
    110.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Level 35
maybe change the chest plate to a dragon wearing the chest plate

That wont fit the rest of the icons in that connection. (also would minimize the useness of it.)

Looks better now Wulf, much less wonky. :wthumbsup: also fits the others better.
There is still something strange about it... maybe because it is turned a bit to the right, meaning like this /

Insted of a more normal positure, = |

But it is fine as it is now.

I find your icons amazing, you've perfectly achieved the detail in the small size, but you have also reached the Blizz style. Now, let's review:

- BREATHS
  • They were... OK, however they were too pimped with details IMO, my eyes were in pain by just passing the look near them, you got the cartoony look, just the detail was too much of an eye sore. And is that brown breath actually mud? Because it kinda looks like it. The 4th one from the left side in the upper row looks like a dragon face to me, and the last one in the bottom kinda looks like a bird.
- COMMAND ICONS
  • Not very draconic, but it appears as the only solution. The shield looks like it's of troll craftsmanship, don't know about you.
-ABILITIES
  • They are the thing that practically makes this pack besides unit icons, amazing work, however, the backgrounds were too filled for my taste. You shoulda given then a bit black space near the edges, because right now, they don't fit the Blizz look.
    icons_4597_btn-3.jpg
    Is this the "Poke" ability?
-UNITS
  • There isn't anything much to be said about the unit icons, they just need a better background. It's nice that you did every dragonflight in different poses, and I guess that the purple ones are the netherdrakes? :wwink:
-ITEMS
  • The first nine items DEFINITELY need a background. Those eggs.... they look kinda like tablets, and I think that the crystals coulda been better.
-UPGRADES
  • The upgrades are excellent, but I highly suggest more color variation for each tier of the given upgrade. The 7th-9th upgrade icons can't be distinguished what they are.

-OVERALL
  • This icon set was okay, not something that you see every day, you got the detail a bit too much, the Blizzard feel was there, but not at maximum, and something that you make is always far better than the local average joe.
-RATING = 87.4/100

WOW, I love these icons wolf!!! 8D

These are really cool!

"because right now, they don't fit the Blizz look. " - l0w_kwaliti
I don't think wolf should match to blizz look. Because 1 I like her style, 2 blizz look is not very strong, in my opinion, 3 the icons looks dragonlike that way, and I never try to match blizz look for my icons.

Hey wolf,
U are using "opencanvas". Have u tried CorelPainter?
And , did you get the tablet?

Sometimes images done in Painter look fuzzy and unfinished. That is why I was using photoshop, but it is hard to control.

I never used opencanvas, but from what I've seen in person(people's work), not very impressive tool to work with.

If you can, get photoshop and corelpainter. Use them back and forth together.
It's good if working on large scale, fancy image.

Yeah, I want to see these icons finished!

I don't think wolf should match to blizz look. Because 1 I like her style, 2 blizz look is not very strong, in my opinion, 3 the icons looks dragonlike that way, and I never try to match blizz look for my icons.

I guess you haven't read the whole review.

me said:
I find your icons amazing, you've perfectly achieved the detail in the small size, but you have also reached the Blizz style.

also me said:
This icon set was okay, not something that you see every day, you got the detail a bit too much, the Blizzard feel was there, but not at maximum, and something that you make is always far better than the local average joe.

Level 1
Hi Werewulf. You could do claws wearing the generic green-ring icon on a finger. You could also do a dragon wiht its hands around an orb. Dragons seem to deal with orbs a lot in the poster pictures in stores. Pyerite said something about an amulet, so you could do the chest plate with a necklace amulet. Hope I helped!

Level 1
dragon moonblade

what about dragon moonblade, or dragon buster blade? what i mean moonblade is the blade equiped by demon hunter (illidan), both blade has dragon head in its hilt, i'd be love to use it in my map as an artifact weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.