• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon age style pause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, I made a map a long time ago which was basically a WoW dungeon. The only problem with it is that it's difficult and it takes too long for people to beat it, so I thought why not add a dragon age style pause so I can do all the commands myself and not waste the many months of development. There inlies my problem as I can't figure out a way to implement it as pause game doesn't allow me to do anything but move the camera.

Pretty much everything is scripted (bosses, trash, spells, ect) and making a script that will pause what is needed to be (timers, certain scripts) just doesn't seem possible.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Jake

Level 1
Basically I want to be able to pause the game (triggers, timers, units) and issue orders. As of right now when I run the trigger to pause the game you cannot do anything.

Level 1
Yes everything, most importantly triggers and timers, but I need the ability to issue commands while the game is paused which I can't figure out a way to do without a ton of work.

Level 1
I was hoping it wouldn't come to that lol. I have around 400 triggers and tons of timers so I guess this won't be as easy as I hoped!

How can I tell if a trigger is running or not?

Level 1
Ahh thank you everyone.

I do have one last question, is it possible to pause a trigger instead of just turning them off or on? A lot of triggers run for 20-30seconds so if I was just turn them off when paused and then back on after they would start from the beginning again and would mess up some of the bosses.

I have looked on google and have come up with nothing, maybe it's not possible? I don't know.

Thanks,
Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.