• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
my thoughts: ooooooooooooooooooooooohhh, sheeit.
I really think that Blizzard should follow the footsteps of Valve: Creating games out of mods. Especially from WC3. Blizzard just lost their big chance by losing Dota to Valve. There are lots of WC3 maps that really deserve a game like.... too much to say.

Level 25
Blizzard just lost their big chance by losing Dota to Valve. .

True dat.

So... it's basically doing the same thing Heroes of Newerth did?

Well, heroes of newerth invented heroes of their own and some items, and only ported some heroes. Dota 2 is transfering everything from the normal Dota map. Guess it is the same thing more or less for most people out there, but for DotA players (like myself) this is ten times more interesting then Heroes of Newerth. Since this is icefrog, continuing his DotA maps, but on a new graphic engine and gets rid of wc3s limits and boundaries.

Level 19
Although even if it comes out, I'd still play it on Warcraft III. Warcraft has been my main game ever since... I don't know.

Level 25
So... Will you guys stick to Warcraft III's DotA (If you play it) or go to DotA 2 or both?

Well, for me it's hard to say, but I guess both. DotA 2 could be great or it could be fail. So guess I'll have to see when it has come. The Wc3 graphics will always be the most charming, and to be able to run around with models from Warcraft lore is quite fun as well, to kill Thrall with Sylvanas for instance ;).
Will probably be pros and cons with both games.

Level 14
Well, heroes of newerth invented heroes of their own and some items, and only ported some heroes. Dota 2 is transfering everything from the normal Dota map. Guess it is the same thing more or less for most people out there, but for DotA players (like myself) this is ten times more interesting then Heroes of Newerth. Since this is icefrog, continuing his DotA maps, but on a new graphic engine and gets rid of wc3s limits and boundaries.

Still sounds just like HoN.

Level 25
Your going to be pissed because people strived to make a game that's not an exact copy?

Not getting you here. "Going"? HoN exists already, but I might missunderstand you here. And no, their own heroes and such are a great addition, but if they could get rid of the bad habit of making their own heroes better than all the other heroes, I wouldn't mind.
And I were just explaining the difference between HoN and DotA 2, and that is the major differences. Wether I am pissed or not about it.

Well I just think it's a bit quick to assume they ruined the game by adding their own heroes, as it's not just straight up dota. Yeah, if it's inballanced I can see where your coming from.

Though I'd imagine Icefrog would like to take Dota 2 somewhere too, I mean why attach "2" if you don't plan on changing a thing? A new, better engine could allow for new possibilities that any creator would be a fool to not try and take advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.