• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

DOOM 3 Model Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I have decided to make a DOOM 3 Model Pack, and will be putting finished works/WIPS in here

Cacodemon
monster_cacodemon.jpg

The finished model!
attachment.php

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=64785

Fully modeled and UV Mapped. All I have to do is texture and animate it
370 polys
attachment.php

attachment.php

Texture finished, thanks to Werewulf
attachment.php

CacoDemonTexture.jpg

Pinky Demon
demon.jpg

294 polys so far!
attachment.php

520 polys
attachment.php

attachment.php

UV Mapping is finished!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CacoDemonWIPVideo1.gif
    CacoDemonWIPVideo1.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,198
  • CacoDemonWIPVideo2.gif
    CacoDemonWIPVideo2.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,284
Last edited:
Level 13
Damn. SuPa I didnt think you'd be able to do it.

Great work, the D3 gribblies look like D3 gribblies, and thats suprising. As I have stated repeatedly, I anxiously await the zombie security officers, those guys were sweet, although a bit easy to kill.

after the pinky, why not take on the true badasses of the game ? Imps and/or Hellknights (well okay imps get owned easily, but they scare the shit out of you like 30 times in this game).

Level 21
Massive, the Z-secs are a long ways away xD

We're doing the humans (the Z-sec zombies will be re-textures of the regular z-sec) last

The Hellknight is up soon. But before we do that, though, we're going to make the cyberdemon

But I think you should skip the Pinky Demon.
Didnt you remember that another guy has made a perfect Pinky Demon model?

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/1440/pinkygf5.jpg

Yeah, the texture for that (and maybe the model itself) is a rip from DOOM 3 :p

Last edited:
Level 4
Love the models, they look great and have a perfectly good poly count for war 3. What modelling program are you using?

Also, what is the plan for these models? are you recreating Doom 3 for warcraft or are you making a fan based sequal?

Level 21
I use 3ds Max 9 to model, GIMP for texturing, and Milkshape 3d for animating

This isn't intended for a fan-based sequel nor a DOOM 3 recreation for WarCraft 3. We are simply just making the models in DOOM 3 for others to use and for our own entertainment I'd guess

Update

attachment.php

Attachments

• PinkyDemonTexture.jpg
    PinkyDemonTexture.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,599
Last edited:
Level 4
looks wikid, and the contrasting textures of the metal and flesh are fine... Can't wait for an ingame pic :D If anything should be changed with the organic texture, I think maybe if you give it some brighter highlights around the top of the flesh spots (or just darkening at the inner top of the spots) it would look alot tougher and more like the original pic you have (war 3 doesn't have the lighting effects of doom you know, you need to improvise. Improvise!)

Level 9
Supa could you help me out? I've asked the community a lot of times to do this but no one seems to want to help me :(

Record you making one of your models, and speed it up. I really want to see how it's done because I still can't get anything but simple models. I only used Extrude and simple Moves, Rotations, Scale, occasionally Shamfer, and Collapse. My models also usually have 950 vertices, when they are really simple, what kind of limit does Wc3 have. I don't know how you get your models so smooth without using the MeshSmooth modifier or something.

I also have 3Ds Max 9, I'm curious as to how you get your models in-game, because 3Ds Max 9 doesn't work with Art Tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.