• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doodad Creators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Category: non-destructible
Type: structure
Image: This are the basic archway and column of warcraft 3
211785-albums5437-picture56767.jpg

Description: I want there texture to be more of a metal. It is alright if you will use in-game texture.:D
Project link: This will be used at same project with the tree I requested to you. Project Ghost

u need a new uvw wrap
it ould be done if u use an import script gmax\3dsmax edit nad export it
or use lithunwrap

Here's what you have to do if you'll like to accept the request:

1. Extract "Textures\CityStructures.blp" Using Image extractor.
2. Edit the texture in adobe photoshop using new images which will be metal as the description of sonofjay says.
3. If you are done editing, please do not forget to add alpha by masking the image.
4. Save the edited version as a tga file format.
5. using the warcraft III viewer (I prefer this), convert the image to blp format so it can be used in Warcraft.
6. For the model, there is no need to extract them one by one in War3x.mpq. What the mapper needs to do is to import the texture to WE then Use "Textures\CityStructures.blp" as custom path. It will over right the Texture used by the model to the texture the mapper has exported.
That's all.

Level 21
hi !
can you do this model for me pleas !

"the horadrim cub" from diablo

i tink that it's simple for you
thanks!

Done!!!
EDIT.
I sent a message to Lightskin to re-texture the texture of this model. I am not satisfied with my work in texturing, so please be patient.

EDIT:
Updated, thanks to Lightskin.

Attachments

• Horadric Cube.zip
    42.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I need a old styled WheelChair. No animation needed. I could not find any 'application' so i just copied part of that other one.

Category: Doodad
type: Prop
image:
wheelchair_final.jpg

As seen at: http://michaelflocco.com/blog/?p=257

No project location/website.

Done... Give credits if you use in a map.

Attachments

• Wheel_Chair.zip
    62 KB · Views: 107
hy !!
it's me again can I ask you for an oder request ?
can do an house in this style :

I know it's to much sorry but it's not an obligation
so thanks! ^^
It's D2... I can do that, but please use this form:
form
Category: Destructible/none-destructible
type:trees/rocks/plants/structures/decorations
image:jpg, png, tga
description: Describe how you will use the model. Also tell us whether it is animated or not.
Project Link: Link to the project where your requested doodad will be used. I don't want to create models that will only be dumped.

NOTE: Any request not using this form will not be accepted.
Your first request has been accepted, but this time it will not if you don't use the form stated.

Level 14
It's D2... I can do that, but please use this form:
form
Category: Destructible/none-destructible
type:trees/rocks/plants/structures/decorations
image:jpg, png, tga
description: Describe how you will use the model. Also tell us whether it is animated or not.
Project Link: Link to the project where your requested doodad will be used. I don't want to create models that will only be dumped.

NOTE: Any request not using this form will not be accepted.
Your first request has been accepted, but this time it will not if you don't use the form stated.

type: structures
description : it isn't animed it just an decoration for Lut Golen in d2
project : I'm doing a diablo 2 compaign for warcraft 3 and I would decoration for the second act (trip on the desert)

and as I sed befor it isn't an obligation so if you haven't the time or you wouldn't I could understand

Level 17
Somebody got a bigger attachment pack [atleast 9 from each thing] (heavy armor/light armor/robe armor/shields/boots/headgears/long sword/axe/hammer/short sword/bow/staff/wand)
i need for rpg, i tryed alot attachment and i also use few but still need more, and if possible not that what was uploaded before 2012, if possible lower file size so not 100kb for 1 attachment

(i just ask coz example many equipment for me is same than higher level, only every 30 lv i got a different model, also mostly not really best for a medieval rpg or atleast not futuristic equipment)

Level 14
Hello guys, once again I have a small issue with the sky model you gave me eubz :(

The problem is, I want to change the texture to a seamless nebula which I created from a pic of google.
(Seamless means that it can repeat itself without having these strange edges)

This is the texture:
nebula.png

The problem is, I need the sky model you created for me to be 10 times as big as normal.
Which means the texture gets stretched to 5120x5120
(which looks pretty damn ugly xD).

Is it possible to put the texture in a repeated way on top of the model or is there a way to have a none stretched 5120x5120 texture on top of the model?
I have also created a 5120x5120 version but this will take up 100mb.
Which in map making is not such a good idea xD

If you want I can send you the 5120x5120 version if nessecary.

I have already tryed doing this myself but I have absolutely no idea how to make the 512x512 texture repeat on top of the model.
Or how to put a 5120x5120 texture on top of it.

As you can see, right now it looks really blurred:
examplep.jpg

EDIT: make that 5 times instead of 10 times as big:

bestre.jpg

(I used a 1024x1024 2 mb sized texture for this)
Such a shame it must take up so much space :(
If it's possible to use the 512x512 500 kb sized one I would be really, really happy :)
Hopefully the quality can be improved even more.

Last edited:
Level 14
Knowing that the texture size is 512x512 and that the doodad will be 5 times as big on the x axis and 4 times as big on the y axis,
which means the stretched texture will be 2560x2048. So preferrably it needs to fit 5 times on the x axis and 4 times on the y axis.

This is the model eubz made for me: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2101966-post259.html

As a doodad it has 500 x 400 y and 100 z scale.

EDIT: by the way there is a small mistake with that previous nebula texture.
Here is the correct version:

nebulan.jpg

This one is 300 kb, it's better do-able then 4 mb xD

exampleseamlessnebula.jpg

For those who would like to know.
Here is a tutorial on how to create seamless textures:
http://www.photoshoptextures.com/texture-tutorials/seamless-textures.htm

It's really simple...

Last edited:
Level 14
Hmmm This didn't really meet my expectations since I need it animated.
If you could tell me how you made the texture repeat within the model I would like to try it for myself.
Animating the texture is no problem at this moment.
All I need to do is make a 512x512 texture repeat 4 times within the model.
All I need is to know how to make it repeat itself.
Did you use 4 seperate planes? Or is it possible to repeat itself on 1 plane?

I already have it like I want it to but at this moment the texture is 1024x1024 and has a size of 3,3 mb.
If I'm abled to make it a 512x512 texture that repeats 4 times I can reduce the size to 300-400 kb without losing quality.

Level 14
This is the texture with 3,3 mb file size:
beforeb.jpg

This is the texture with 280kb file size:
afterkg.jpg

There is a incredibly small decrease in quality but overall it was a great conversion.

I hope it's still possible to improve the quality of the texture but I'm not sure if it is indeed possible.
Hopefully it is... I don't mind going from 280kb to 1 mb as long as it has a improved quality.
I'll try to do some miracle work in photoshop xD (mipmapping and texture filtering)
Up close it still looks really blurry.

EDIT: After mipmapping, unsharpen mask and high pass filters I got it to look like this:
after2mk.jpg

The texture size is now 890 kb but I'm okay with that.

I can't improve it much further since it's a stretching issue with the doodad scale. For now this will do good :)

EDIT2: I can't wait for photoshop cs6 :( I want to deblur this texture!!!!
http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-image-deblur-adobe-releases-new-photos.html

Last edited:
Level 19
Request guys!
Category: Destructible
Type: Structure/Tent
Image:

Falkreathimperialcamp.png

Its just the red tent there. The larger ones.
Description: In-game textures and textures inside. No need for textures inside. Make the filesize light. Also, add animations. Just stand and death. Death would be the tent collapsing, not exploding. By collapsing, I mean most parts fall down.
Project Link: No thread for now. You can ask overcold_ice for evidence.

Level 7
Category: Destructible
Type:Trees

post-121828-1257468841.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

heroes-newerth-118623,2.jpg

Note: The doodad I've wanted to request so far is the trees that you've seen in the picture, also can you create atleast 3 variations for the two different trees?

Take your time modeling :wink:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Category: Non-destructible
Type: Texture/Tile
Image: Here's a link
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=starcraft+2+bel%27shir+tileset&hl=bg&biw=1280&bih=894&tbm=isch&tbnid=YYYIFQKs7l-EYM:&imgrefurl=http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php%3Ftopic_id%3D202609&docid=mbJu_t8TvnaXKM&imgurl=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/GameWorlds/bhs3.jpg&w=834&h=752&ei=M1G2T8DdMeX54QSVrI3LCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1003&vpy=558&dur=272&hovh=213&hovw=236&tx=126&ty=60&sig=105656852326276086447&page=2&tbnh=168&tbnw=196&start=21&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:24,s:21,i:169

Description: I need a custom stone path for my campaign. No animations needed, I only have 1 little request to go with the texture - Can you make the sides of the stones and the path itself covered with grassy dirt from the ashenvale tileset, I want to be able to combine it with that tile. I don't mind if the file is large still as i do like high-res, but can it be below 1.4 Mb? Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.