• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doodad Creators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Category: None-Destructible

Type:Structures/Decorations

Image:

RiplashRuins.jpg

Description:Highbourne Ruins. I will use to create a Highbourne Ruins Map for my campaign wish I'm working on. Called Armies of Chaos.

Project Link: http://www.facebook.com/ArmiesOfChaos (For now is a bit incomplete but it will be updated.)

Last edited:
Level 17
somebody can create a omnilight model (like tourch without everything except light)

a) with around 50 animation index, with each index, at 0 no glowing, at index 1 light up only 50 range in game, at index 2 light at 100 rangem etc at index 50 light up 2500 range in game.

or

b) 10 mini model what got light, 1st model get 2x bigger light than tourch in wc3, 2nd item stronger light, 3rd more stronger, at last enlight/light up 1200-1800 area

i want use SetDayandNight for make dark in map and i could use this for make omnilight model attachment/hero follower light, same way like in diablo 2 was the light radius

(with light up i mean enlight that area, cover with light that area idk the best word)

like i described here, also here have a model what change light the color with animation index but for me need bigger range and not color changeing.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...animation-index-light-model-ex-tourch-229664/

Level 5
I'm looking for some kind of elven ruins, more exactly the highbourne ones or similar... Like this:

RiplashRuins.jpg

It helps?

Level 5
Well what i meant did you need all models in the picture, should they be rotated this way?

Sorry I didn't understood... Well I looking for the tower, the building close the ships, some sort of ruined temple, if possible a ruined house and the bigger building... The rotation turned to south and angled if possible... That's it.

Last edited:
Level 23
Hey, is this workshop still open :) ?I would need a model as follows:
Wall Torch

Category: non-destructible
type: decorations
image: http://0.static.wix.com/media/2f5a95_d9c0dab785245b35b7d547bc4634c4fd.jpg_1024
description: Basically what I want is a simple, wooden/medieval Wall-Torch. I couldn't find any model like that. It will be used as basic decoration and to illuminate the room. Two variations would be good. Should emit light! Needs no animations, I can also do the fire emitter myself.It should either use a wood texture from the Doodad0(I replaced it) or a custom one that isn't super cartoonish (but I can change that aswell).
Project Link: None yet, but the progress is quite good. It will be fore a coop-puzzle/adventure map. I have several finished projects so I don't thzink this will be dumped.
Thanks in advance!

Bump
Anyone need a request?
Edit:
Hey, is this workshop still open :) ?I would need a model as follows:
Wall Torch

Category: non-destructible
type: decorations
image: http://0.static.wix.com/media/2f5a95_d9c0dab785245b35b7d547bc4634c4fd.jpg_1024
description: Basically what I want is a simple, wooden/medieval Wall-Torch. I couldn't find any model like that. It will be used as basic decoration and to illuminate the room. Two variations would be good. Should emit light! Needs no animations, I can also do the fire emitter myself.It should either use a wood texture from the Doodad0(I replaced it) or a custom one that isn't super cartoonish (but I can change that aswell).
Project Link: None yet, but the progress is quite good. It will be fore a coop-puzzle/adventure map. I have several finished projects so I don't thzink this will be dumped.
Thanks in advance!

Here you go

Attachments

• Torch.mdx
    19.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Okay, here's a request. I need a bridge model that looks like this one. I've already got the needed textures so it should be easy.
60C598F587BAEBE6B2CEBE616A00786EA820D058

Here are the textures. More info about them is posted in the pastebin.

EDIT: Just to note, the author of the wall and wood textures has prohibited their uploading to other sites, though I'm sure you already know that.

Okay, here's a request. I need a bridge model that looks like this one. I've already got the needed textures so it should be easy.
60C598F587BAEBE6B2CEBE616A00786EA820D058

Here are the textures. More info about them is posted in the pastebin.

EDIT: Just to note, the author of the wall and wood textures has prohibited their uploading to other sites, though I'm sure you already know that.

I got you, but You mentioned a banner can you tell me where is that supposed to be?

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

On the side of the bridge, you know, sort of a symbol of the faction that resides nearby.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Thanks a lot mate, the model looks great. +rep :)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Okay, here's another one. I need stone stairs such as these using these textures. The first one should be used for the steps and the second for the sides. Import paths are as follows - "od_ruins1.blp" and "od_ruins2.blp. Just like the names. The thing is, I need them to be large enough to be pathable by at least hero units, while not too tall so as that the units don't jump around while walking.

Okay, here's another one. I need stone stairs such as these using these textures. The first one should be used for the steps and the second for the sides. Import paths are as follows - "od_ruins1.blp" and "od_ruins2.blp. Just like the names. The thing is, I need them to be large enough to be pathable by at least hero units, while not too tall so as that the units don't jump around while walking.

Do you want me to create the thing in the picture or do you want me to create a staircase with holes like the one in the picture or just stairs using the texture?

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

The thing in the picture with the textures provided. The shape should be a quarter-circle.

Level 5
Category: Destructible
type:tree
image: i attached the image
description: okay i want it to be like the eversong tree in world of warcraft just like the image and i want the normal tree animations like when i chop it, when it dies etc.. if you can, please make 2 models (one capcony and one none) just like ashenvale tree and ashenvale capcony tree and thanks :D
Project Link: the project isent done yet because im still searching for the models i need but when its done ill post it :)

Attachments

• eversong tree.jpg
    eversong tree.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 93
Category: Destructible
type:tree
image: i attached the image
description: okay i want it to be like the eversong tree in world of warcraft just like the image and i want the normal tree animations like when i chop it, when it dies etc.. if you can, please make 2 models (one capcony and one none) just like ashenvale tree and ashenvale capcony tree and thanks :D
Project Link: the project isent done yet because im still searching for the models i need but when its done ill post it :)

I'll have to finish the other 2 requests first so you might need to wait a little bit longer than usual.

I made the model I just didn't make 2 materials and assign the textures this can be simply done in Magos, remove all textues in textures editor then add you textures, create a new material in the Material Editor and now that you have to set 1 to each to 1 of you texture, go to geosets manager and assign each geoset to a material.

Attachments

• Stairs.mdx
    15.5 KB · Views: 43

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I don't know if I'm not understanding properly. I followed your directions but everything was already done so I tried importing the model directly. It works though the textures are a bit large. That's not a big problem however, I really like how it looks. Thanks mate!

I don't know if I'm not understanding properly. I followed your directions but everything was already done so I tried importing the model directly. It works though the textures are a bit large. That's not a big problem however, I really like how it looks. Thanks mate!

What do you mean by to big, do you mean that the rock are to big or they are small and the texture is big?

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

What do you mean by to big, do you mean that the rock are to big or they are small and the texture is big?

The model itself is great but the way the textures are wrapped makes them look enormous when I scale the doodad to a pathable size. I don't mind a couple extra geosets/polies as my project is single player. I'll attach a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

EDIT: You can see how it looks more like decor rather than stairs. If the texture wraps could be changed so that the patterns are visible, it'd be great.

Attachments

• Stony Stairs.png
    Stony Stairs.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
The model itself is great but the way the textures are wrapped makes them look enormous when I scale the doodad to a pathable size. I don't mind a couple extra geosets/polies as my project is single player. I'll attach a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

EDIT: You can see how it looks more like decor rather than stairs. If the texture wraps could be changed so that the patterns are visible, it'd be great.

You will have to increase polycount by about +35 to get mor details so I suggest that you make\get a more detailed picture.
I want three models a Gilneas flag, stromgarde flag and naga flag. Textures can be in game, CnP or custom made I'm not really bothered.

Am on it as soon as I get some free time.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Can I bribe you into doing it or should I set sail for the tutorial section? :D

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Thanks mate. And a tip from me, never openly scream "I've got nothing to do". It's murphy's law ^^

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I would actually like to cancel the stairs edit. I've done some major changes and I'm still not sure whether I'll use it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.