• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

dont make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
the formula for critical is ([total agi/base agi]-1)*5 +5
so if you have a total of y agi + x bonus agi
so total agi = y+x

((y+x)/y)-1)*5 +5

(5y + 5x)/y -5 +5

so (5y+5x)/y

5 + 5x/y

y>>>x almost -> x=0

if x = y we have 5%

if you have a total of 50 agi + 50 agi you got only 5% critical chance...
that is not too low?

(and one last thing the vampiric curse is healling??? because everytime i use that i never saw my hp rescovering...!)

wel i got a gladiator with 3 items of critical (6% + 5% +7%) and a blue soul with 4%
a total of 27% chance critical :X
too low no?

Level 7
Crit chance is designed to stay low. Its poor game design if our characters are getting critical hits more often than not.

Curse of the Vampire heals, however it doesn't show any green numbers. Also its heals are very low, so you have to pay good attention to even notice.

About vampiric: it not showing green numbers is intentional. As it heals everyone around and ticks fast I just thought it would spam numbers way too hard and obstruct sight.

And yes, if your total agi is twice your base agi, you gain +5% crit. That doesn't seem much, but it adds up. Especially in lategame many classes stack up on AGI and basicly double or triple their original AGI scores quickly.

Level 1
I think Vampiric is weak. It lasts 18 seconds but it heals like every 2 seconds which means 9 ticks in total. Right now i have 100 SP and it heals 11HP per tick. Thats 99HP in 18 seconds in total... Even if i max out SP and it heals 200-250HP in 18 seconds thats still low. The time it takes to heal 200 HP is just too much. Maybe will save someone by accident but its not something u can rely on in any case.
Maybe you can improve it after you finish the new content? For example make it.
Heal you 50% more based on your Shadow/Magic resists. So if u have 50% shadow and 50% magic resist the heal you get from the curse will be doubled.
Or
The closer you are to the cursed target the more heal you get (will benefit melees).
Or
The lower your life is the higher heals you get.

Curse of the Vampire has 18 second duration but only 6 seconds cooldown (which means you can have up to 3 instances up at the same time). The heal effect applies to every party member, is essentially free on top of a good amount of damage AND it can even be upgraded to grant MP for the whole party. And let's not forget how this spell is also instant-cast and only costs 6 mana (a single spell instance with the MP recovery talent on top would already recover way more mana than it costs to cast).

Curse of the Vampire is not exactly my definition of a weak spell...

Level 3
Doesn't that mean it's harder to raise crit rate of high base agi class than low base agi class? Or actually, they gain less combat stat/agi than other. Now that the stat distribution system is gone, that doesn't make sense...I think.

Level 8
agi classes still end up with better crit since they have more green agi (way more agi gear out there for agi classes than others).
Also, consider the actual endgame agi values:

Assassin (Agi)- 55 Highest
Monk (Agi) - 51
Berserker (Str)- 49
Hunter (Agi) - 48
Bard (Agi) - 48
Sorcerer (Str) - 44
Necromancer (Int) - 42
Crusader (Str) - 41
Druid (Agi) - 40
Hexblade (Str)- 40
Psion (Int) - 40
Bishop (Int)- 31 Lowest

As you can see, in general the base agi differences aren't so huge. So apart from Bishop, stacking agi gear on non-agi classes still gives a very small return of crit% and haste.

However, you'll notice that Monk has the second highest base agility but not many high agility gear options (with absolute maximum agi monk gear you'll get something like +40 but you're expected to have some sort of tank/sp gear on), yet another weakness for Monk :<.

Last edited:
Doesn't that mean it's harder to raise crit rate of high base agi class than low base agi class? Or actually, they gain less combat stat/agi than other. Now that the stat distribution system is gone, that doesn't make sense...I think.
That is kind of the point of the system. ;)

Level 3
No, it's Berserker's evil plan. Once, they succeeded in stealing Assassin's dps throne with their arpen. And now they are lurking behind the corner, plotting to do so again with lower base agi, waiting for a chance to boast higher crit rate. We must be vigilant, for a pure dps class to lose against a tanky dps class is a fate worse than death.
P/s: It's nice to see that they are not quite ready since their base agi is 3rd highest.

Level 8
There aren't many agility mail gear to go on that won't sacrifice AP and Str... Berserker dps is also tempered by his utter lack of threat reduction skills or talents. He functions great in the current meta because he's a dps hero that CAN tank the 2 highest level bosses but that will change with future content, pushing him back to offtank DPS rather than maintank DPS (which is pretty insane right now).

Level 1
Dunno whats the war on zerks, i find Crus the OP-est shit in the game. Tanky as hell, heals forever and pretty high damager.

Regarding AGI and attributes in general.
All lvl 1 characters start with 5% evasion/critical rate. If u ask me, this is high. The idea of build diversity start with the simple idea that stats are low and players choose on which statistic they want to invest while leveling/gearing etc. So that build diversity CAN be created. If everybody has high evasion, critical rate etc etc then the whole point of build diversity is lost.
I would suggest lowering these 5% to 1% critical/evasion rate for casters/rangers and 2% for melee fighters. Evasion on some classes is already too high and we are not even in end-game.
Ofc after class change there should be the differences that determine each class but still those stats should be kept as low as possible.
The fact that stats scale little via attributes is good.

Last edited:
Somehow I don't think that a 3% difference in base crit scores would matter, except that you can not longer really lose anything by going into negatives.

Evasion can be countered by +hit.
I haven't implemented this stat as an item stat yet, but the mechanics behind it are already there (we have several talents that improve your hit rate by 10%) and will probably be significant in further gear progression at level 50, simply because it serves as a neat counter to evasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.