• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DoC Azerothian Footman

The first release of the new Dawn of Chaos model set!

This is the Azerothian Footman model from the project The Dawn of Chaos from the Realm Design team.

This model features team colour.

Model based on the export of the campaign grunt model by ZeroX and is used with their permission.

Model Credits:
-John Drake
-ZeroX
-Blizzard

Skin Credits:
-Antihero
-John Drake
-Blizzard

When using this model and its skins, provide credit to the authors listed above.

You may modify this model provided you still provide credit to the original authors.

Texture Path:
-Textures\AzerothFootman.blp
-Textures\AzerothFootman_Portrait.blp

UPDATE:

I have updated the model to feature a camera and portrait animations. If you would like a 3D portrait rather than the 2D one, just do not import the portrait model and the model itself will provide a portrait with proper animations.

Keywords:
Dawn, Chaos, Footman, Azeroth
Contents

DoC Azerothian Footman (Model)

DoC Azerothian Footman (Model)

Reviews
Misha 19th Jun 2013 Moderator's Review: I like this model a lot :) and the TC on it is really nicely done. however.. there are a few things that i find a lill bit odd.. firstly, there's the sword, which is kinda grabbed by the very end of...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
19th Jun 2013
Moderator's Review:

I like this model a lot :) and the TC on it is really nicely done. however.. there are a few things that i find a lill bit odd.. firstly, there's the sword, which is kinda grabbed by the very end of the handle instead of the center, and it could use little more mass to it; then there is the shoulderplate with kinda clips with the arm in 'walk' and 'stand victory' animations, and could use slightly folowing the shoulder; and an odd 'line' down his entire back portion, which might be vertices not being together. fix those up and it'll be good to go :>

also, but just a suggestion, the texture paths could be just 'name.blp'

Excellent :) very good model, mate :) i just noticed one lill thing tho, the weapon attachment is on the hand instead of sword tip.. but it's to you if you wanna tweak that.

As you can see by looking at the model, there are custom textures as well as highly modified versions of the campaign footman's textures.
lol, but why didn't you use the footman texture(s) from ingames? I mean they're quite identical and this would decrease your filesize. :wink: But anyways, it's your model, so the choice is yours. :wink: I always work with ingame textures. Decreases filesize and doesn't require additional imports and such. :wink:

lol, but why didn't you use the footman texture(s) from ingames? I mean they're quite identical and this would decrease your filesize. :wink: But anyways, it's your model, so the choice is yours. :wink: I always work with ingame textures. Decreases filesize and doesn't require additional imports and such. :wink:

did you notice the Teamcolor? Ingame cinematic footman doesn't have it, i think o.o

Awesome. I was kind of shocked to see this at first, because I thought this upload would imply that DoC is dead.

I will be uploading more DoC models as we go, but I can say that DoC is far from dead. I'll finish this mod one day even if it kills me, heh.

But this proves otherwise. I'm glad to see you uploading some of the models; I would love to get my hands on those Stormwind models especially. :)

Great model. Best of luck on the project, hopefully you'll stop by and post a couple of updates every now and then on wc3c.

Level 3
Please Help

Please help me! This beautiful model is not working in my Warcraft 3. When I tested the map, the footman is nothing but an invisible man and it's shadow. Please Please Please Please help!!!!!! This is a very beautiful and useful model!!

Level 1
Hey John, siguio el mod de dawn of chaos o que? tenemos 6 años esperando el mod
si quieres me puedo unir soy bueno haciendo niveles e incluso podre traducir el juego, las voces las tendre que modificar con un programa para hacerla identica
quiero unirme en el proyecto, puedo?