• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Do automatically generated strings "leak"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey guys,

I am just wondering, if these automatically generated strings - called "TRIGSTR_5644" and so on - by GUI leak? They become visible, when you make some transmission and convert it to custom script.

So, I would like to know, if they are deleted by the compiler, when you delete the text reference from the script?

I could not find them in the JNGP error text showing the whole map script somehow, I might have overlooked it ...

The TRIGSTR counter seems to be permanently increasing. So each time you convert to "Custom Script" it will also increase the counter.
But I can't find old strings anymore in the war3map.wts file when opening map with the MPQ editor, so I guess the strings probably don't leak, but only their counter indices:

Code:
STRING 1
{
Player 1
}

STRING 2
{
Force 1
}

STRING 3
{
Spieler 2
}

STRING 4
{
Spieler 3
}

STRING 5
{
Spieler 4
}

STRING 6
{
Streitmacht 1
}

STRING 8
{
Any
}

STRING 9
{
Nondescript
}

STRING 10
{
Unknown
}

STRING 11
{
Player 7
}

STRING 95
{
Hallooooo Test
}

STRING 96
{
Hallooooo Test
}

STRING 97
{
Hallooooo Test
}
^ The first strings are set automaticaly for player/forces/map description, and then after String 11 you see a big gap (because I converted the trigger multiple times on purpose) the custom strings come.
From 95-97. But there also existed string in between once, which I deleted again, and they are not listed anymore. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.