• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Discussion) Looking to start movement for new era of warcraft melee competitive pvp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I have made a few vague posts about my vision of warcraft melee in the future; I am here to elaborate on that. I have played warcraft since I was 6 starting around 2001. I have an idea for a very simple reconstruction of warcraft. My goal is to take the project before Microsoft and hopefully get them to create a new competitive game mode and maybe add features that just are not in the editor's capability (menus, items, long term progression and ranking). To make this project come to life I need a following. I really did not want to spill the details of my map but since no one has expressed interest and I can certainly not put a project before Microsoft on my own I have come here. I dinked around on editor yesterday and just know I do not have to expertise to style a competitive map to perfection. So, the details of my map were requested, and I will indulge. BTW I am posting this in general warcraft discussion because it's an idea for a style of map that is warcraft melee and not a traditional custom game.
To begin each team has an identical base with one gold mine inside. You start with 1 builder that is invulnerable and will last you the entire match. The team decides who gets first mine and you build a townhall out of starting gold inside your base. Here you should look to expand to 3 bases. The condition to lose should be if no team has a town hall you have 2 minutes to build one. Your first goal is to get 3 heroes as fast as possible. Each player has altar and barracks outside the playable map and would like to implement a system where you can spawn units on a buildable gateway from your worker. You get heroes by spending lumber from your altar. How supply works is that you have a small green field inside your base; each farm gives one supply, so you have to expand deeper into the map to snowball and get more units. Each team basically has 5 easily accessible supply from the start with an altar, voodoo shop, and various armor merchants like in Dota. There is a gear meta, and I like the idea because you have to build 3 heroes and not just one. You've just bought 3 heroes and began creeping various camps around the map. This is really where discussion and project layout would come in as you could have quests to charge items and other ways to build your heroes. I mean that's pretty much it you just expand build army and gear your heroes and creep or fight. The only other mechanic I need to mention is the mercenary camp. Since there are no tavern heroes you can take the tavern heroes and make them units or add like a bandit lord or infernal you can buy.
To recap here is what I have requested be added to melee.
  • Symmetrical bases
  • Cheap items that build a meta
  • Custom merc camp
  • Limited supply
  • Fast 3 heroes
  • Undestroyable and easily deployable barracks
Basically, add a meta for heroes that is not rng items, make the armies smaller and a very very good mostly symmetrical moba style map with objectives and epic monsters. Here is what I need. Literally the map. I know there are genius artists out there who are miles ahead of me and I have never done anything artistic in my life. It could take me days of struggling to put together some dingy map that people on here could make 100x better in 1 day. My marketing platform is asking back2warcraft to put us on as a new competitive custom game. Also, I would love your feedback as I bet there have been maps like this. So to recap; make map, advertise map; entice Microsoft to put together a very simple map that could be the next big gaming hit. Thank you for reading and I really want your discussion on lowering armies and adding extensive items with a symmetrical map.

Last edited:
Level 2
Well dang sorry noone wants to take on the project with me, I really just need a map designer, anyways ill check the forums periodically and if anyone has interest message me.

Status
Not open for further replies.